Komoot and the new Bosch Kiox navigation

Squaxor

My dealer has updated my Kiox to the latest version that now enables navigation. I hoped that my Komoott routes would be visible in the Bosch Connect app – I have an annual Komoot subscription. I have linked my Komoot account to my Bosch e-bike connect account, which allows me to view my Komoot routes in the bike portal.

However, in the Bosch connect app the Komoot routes aren't displayed. My aim is to use the route-planning in Komoot, then have the Bosch Connect app display the navigation on my Kiox screen.

The route planning in the Bosch app is terrible in my experience.

I have the 2020 Superdelite GX Roholf HS.

My dealer has updated my Kiox to the latest version that now enables navigation. I hoped that my Komoott routes would be visible in the Bosch Connect app – I have an annual Komoot subscription. I have linked my Komoot account to my Bosch e-bike connect account, which allows me to view my Komoot routes in the bike portal.

However, in the Bosch connect app the Komoot routes aren't displayed. My aim is to use the route-planning in Komoot, then have the Bosch Connect app display the navigation on my Kiox screen.

The route planning in the Bosch app is terrible in my experience.

I have the 2020 Superdelite GX Roholf HS.
If you export your Komodo route as .gpx and upload into Bosch Connect, you should see it.

Thanks for the tip. However, in practice, I'll be out riding somewhere when I need to plan a route to my next destination in Komoot. It's a pity that it won't be a seamless connection between Kommot and the Boshe Connect app.

I found this caveat on the Komoot website Komoot website

Connection to the KIOX
The connection between komoot and the Bosch Kiox is only a one way connection. After connecting the accounts, the Tours you complete on your Kiox will be uploaded to your komoot account. However, you cannot transfer any komoot routes to your Kiox and you will also not receive any navigation instructions of your komoot routes on the device.

I've had a breakthrough! I can see all my Komoot and e-bike connect saved routes in the Bosch Connect app now. The list is accessed through the map compass icon! It wasn't obvious at all.

IMG_3754.PNGIMG_3752.PNGIMG_3753.PNG

I really like my Garmin 850. It syncs with Strava and the maps are great. I get power and speed from the bike.

@Squaxor are you able to configure the individual screens on the kiox? I'd love to have one screen that shows me speed, gear, power and time of day... Anything interesting on the update?

I can confirm the official Bosch charge cable passes a charge to the iPhone. I can’t say how well the charge keeps up with the phone’s screen

Attachments

• 95017835-3C30-4CFE-B6CB-46D555AFA55C.jpeg
    95017835-3C30-4CFE-B6CB-46D555AFA55C.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 727
  • B331199A-6E40-4D36-8B05-38765C57FAEC.jpeg
    B331199A-6E40-4D36-8B05-38765C57FAEC.jpeg
    403.5 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
I can confirm that the Kiox provides sufficient current to the iPhone X. I cycled for five hours with the iPhone on the brightest setting using Komoot navigation and Geotag Photos Pro – photo GPS tracker. The phone's battery stayed at 100%.

I can confirm that the Kiox provides sufficient current to the iPhone X. I cycled for five hours with the iPhone on the brightest setting using Komoot navigation and Geotag Photos Pro – photo GPS tracker. The phone's battery stayed at 100%.

Does iPhone continuous charging use much of the battery? If I rode for 5 hours, will it be negligent use by iPhone?

Does iPhone continuous charging use much of the battery? If I rode for 5 hours, will it be negligent use by iPhone?

I cycled 75 km that day in tour mode, and the bike's batteries still had over 50% of their charge left. Somewhere on the internet, there will be stats on how much the iPhone consumes. I'm inclined to think it's a fairly insignificant amount of current.

I cycled 75 km that day in tour mode, and the bike's batteries still had over 50% of their charge left. Somewhere on the internet, there will be stats on how much the iPhone consumes. I'm inclined to think it's a fairly insignificant amount of current.

based on the calculus its about 0.5% of the battery

You can use the Bosch eBike Connect app to calculate route navigation, then it will sync to your Kiox for free. You need a Komoot Pro subscription to sync your Komoot routes to the Bosch Connect. app. I really like the Komoot service myself and think it's well worth paying for, but it's not necessary if you are happy with the Bosh navigation.

You can use the Bosch eBike Connect app to calculate route navigation, then it will sync to your Kiox for free. You need a Komoot Pro subscription to sync your Komoot routes to the Bosch Connect. app. I really like the Komoot service myself and think it's well worth paying for, but it's not necessary if you are happy with the Bosh navigation.

Squaxor
I'm confused by what is required to use a Komoot route to navigate on a Kiox, if I understand you correctly I would need to take out a Komoot premium subscription to be able to view the Komoot route on the Bosch mobile app and to send that route to the Kiox to navigate by?

I can see my Komoot routes in the Bosch ebike connect app but they do not open, the loading circle just spins, however I can open the same routes in the Bosch web site.

The ebike connect app of course works well with the Kiox but trying to plan a route on that site is painful to say the least, Komoot is so much better at route planning

I’ve not used the Connect app/kiox without a monitoring subscription so I can’t say what functions are available.
I plan a route in Komoot and save it. That route shows up in the Connect app. I then click the button to send the route to the kiox. I think the kiox needs to be switched on and attached to the bike.
The Native Connect app route-planning is terrible.
The kiox navigation display is very poor. I’ve now purchased a Wahoo Roam, which also works with Komoot. I’m not sure you need a pro account for these to work together.
You could just power your phone from the kiox usb and use google maps it Komoot free account. The kiox really isn’t worth the bother

I’ve not used the Connect app/kiox without a monitoring subscription so I can’t say what functions are available.
I plan a route in Komoot and save it. That route shows up in the Connect app. I then click the button to send the route to the kiox. I think the kiox needs to be switched on and attached to the bike.
The Native Connect app route-planning is terrible.
The kiox navigation display is very poor. I’ve now purchased a Wahoo Roam, which also works with Komoot. I’m not sure you need a pro account for these to work together.
You could just power your phone from the kiox usb and use google maps it Komoot free account. The kiox really isn’t worth the bother

Thanks for the info, can I ask what sort of mobile you use for the ebike connect app? Ive tried 2 android mobiles Huawei P30pro and Original Pixel XL both on android 10, neither of these mobile will open Komoot tours on the ebike connect app, however on my wifes iPhone it works perfectly, I can also open my Komoot tours on the ebike connect web portal. So it looks like the Android ebike connect app is the problem.

Thanks for the info, can I ask what sort of mobile you use for the ebike connect app? Ive tried 2 android mobiles Huawei P30pro and Original Pixel XL both on android 10, neither of these mobile will open Komoot tours on the ebike connect app, however on my wifes iPhone it works perfectly, I can also open my Komoot tours on the ebike connect web portal. So it looks like the Android ebike connect app is the problem.

I have an iPhone X. It’s been very reliable with Komoot and the Connect app

Back