Known Issues & Problems with Watt Wagons Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

troehrkasse

EBR Webmaster
Region
USA
City
Fort Collins
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Watt Wagons as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Last edited:
Has anyone adjusted the Brooks saddle tensioner yet? After 600 high speed street miles I feel like the saddle tension is a bit looser and the rivets are coming more to the surface, becoming "proud" as I have seen on Brooks forums. I am most curious if tensioning would prevent the rivets becoming particularly "proud" it makes sense to me , but searching online I have come across a lot of conflicting opinons. I applied proofide a few weeks ago to the underside and top as the top has lost a bit of its slick/shine.

Has anyone adjusted the Brooks saddle tensioner yet? After 600 high speed street miles I feel like the saddle tension is a bit looser and the rivets are coming more to the surface, becoming "proud" as I have seen on Brooks forums. I am most curious if tensioning would prevent the rivets becoming particularly "proud" it makes sense to me , but searching online I have come across a lot of conflicting opinons. I applied proofide a few weeks ago to the underside and top as the top has lost a bit of its slick/shine.

Please post a pic of the saddle. I have adjusted the tension after break in. I also use the laces for a better / even tension. Curious what you are experiencing with the rivets.

I ended up turning the adjuster about half a turn and that improved things. I have attached some photos, this is after adjusting, its hard to see/get a good photo. The two top rivets were originally flush/below the leather like the others but now are a bit higher. From what I read that can get bad over time, but there is no agreed on prevention. Fortunately after more searching I found there is a fix if it did get really bad (not anywhere near a problem right now, more prevention) which involves replacing the rivets. The larger brass rivets are apparently better for this.
TL;DR if you think your rivets are becoming a bit more exposed try lightly tightening the adjustment nut, worked for me.

Attachments

• 20200211_190227.jpg
    20200211_190227.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 631
  • 20200211_190250.jpg
    20200211_190250.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 646
I have a question about watt wagon configuration: I am currently in an area with very SLOW internet, so I haven’t watched the youtube videos which would probably answer my question, but I did not find and answer in the text info on the wattwagon website.

my question is: does the wattwagon use a throttle of some type, or is it a true pedal assist ebike? My interests run only along the pedal assist path. I have no interest in an electric moped. Thanks in advance

The bike works really well without a throttle.

Throttle is an option, and we can choose to not install it on your build.

As a reference, the current 1000w build does not come with a throttle.

I found that the throttle on my Biktrix Ultra was too jumpy and I removed it. Don't miss it at all.

If you use the throttle going up a hill and it will cut out at 90 nm to protect the Rolhoff but you find you are now under powered to climb the hill at a decent speed lets say 20 mph and you want to utilize the full 160nm do you just switch into a better hill climbing gear and release the throttle and start peddling?

The bike works really well without a throttle.

Throttle is an option, and we can choose to not install it on your build.

As a reference, the current 1000w build does not come with a throttle.
I looked on website. I can’t find prices of bikes especially the trail bike. I would like a throttle but did not see that as an option

The throttle comes in very handy when trying to get started up a very steep slope. I recommend it if your doing trail riding in hilly or mountainous areas.

I've had the CrossTour for a few months and have about 1,100 miles on it. I'm pretty happy with it. My principal complaint is that randomly the motor will stop providing any power after a brief pause in pedaling. I have to power-off the display and power it back on get the motor to provide power again. It seems to happen regardless of how long I have been riding, gear, cadence, or power-level.

How A Hydra 'Might' Take a Full Strength Pannier Rack:

The Robert Axle Project makes refit thru axles for pretty much any bike that employs a thru axle. I have one on my rebadged AM 1000 for hooking up my 'bob' type trailer. On either end of my type of RAP axle are threaded holes that take small bolts for holding on 'keeper washers' that ensure the hooks of the trailer tongues stay put. With such a setup you would have very strong attachment points for the main stay of a pannier rack. Two more front stays could be angled to the seat stays and attached with padded ( protection for the carbon seat stays ) clamps. So it could be done.

I've had the CrossTour for a few months and have about 1,100 miles on it. I'm pretty happy with it. My principal complaint is that randomly the motor will stop providing any power after a brief pause in pedaling. I have to power-off the display and power it back on get the motor to provide power again. It seems to happen regardless of how long I have been riding, gear, cadence, or power-level.
Hey, I have the same problem on the crosstour did you ever figure out what's causing the problem?

Hey, I have the exact same problem on my crosstour. If you don't mind me asking, did you ever figure out what's causing this problem?

Hey, I have the exact same problem on my crosstour. If you don't mind me asking, did you ever figure out what's causing this problem?

No, the problem persists and is unchanged. Pushkar is sending me a cable and display to switch out to see if that fixes the problem. I'll post here if that eliminates the problem.

Back