Known Issues & Problems with Watt Wagons Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Was the Rohloff ever offered with a chain drive?
As I mentioned in another thread, I now wish I'd gone with the Kindernay/chain option.
Having said that, are Kindernay hubs still leaking oil?

You can still upgrade to Kindernay later, with the benefit of being able to use the new VII gears, which is much better suited to the ebike usage.
Plus it is cheaper and can use the regular 6 bolts rotors, and you can have the Onesie shifter for space saving if you have a dropper post.

Hopefully the oil leaks have been fixed or are being fixed, I cant imagine that being a problem for them to fix, and I would expect them to have a strong motivation in not screwing up their new product launch. Time will tell...

I have the Wattwagons CrossTour which came with Gates Belt Drive and Rohloff internal gear hub. I don't think skipping has anything to do with the Rohloff. I think its the very low tolerance of the Gates Belt Drive to the slightest angular misalignment at power level eco 3 or higher (over 1000 watts while pedaling).
I had the same skipping when I got my CT w/ Rohloff some months back.. tightened up the belt and added a snubber and have no issues since.. I was hesitant to tighten it up at first but talked to Pushkar and he suggested it.. mine came w/ out a snubber but Pushkar sent me one when I presented the problem

I had the same skipping when I got my CT w/ Rohloff some months back.. tightened up the belt and added a snubber and have no issues since.. I was hesitant to tighten it up at first but talked to Pushkar and he suggested it.. mine came w/ out a snubber but Pushkar sent me one when I presented the problem
I have asked Pushkar for the snubber a few times, but never got any results. I have been unsuccessful trying to purchase it from Gates or other vendors with shipping to the U.S.

I have been having the engine shutdown issues and noticed that the contacts on both batteries I have been using look as though there has been some sort of spark at certain points of contact. Does anyone elses batteries look like this? It doesn't look like scraping from removing / adding the battery, rather it looks like the metal has had some sort of spark and heat.

IMG_4684.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4685.jpeg
    IMG_4685.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_4687.jpeg
    IMG_4687.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 224
I have been having the engine shutdown issues and noticed that the contacts on both batteries I have been using look as though there has been some sort of spark at certain points of contact. Does anyone elses batteries look like this? It doesn't look like scraping from removing / adding the battery, rather it looks like the metal has had some sort of spark and heat.

View attachment 107374
You can hear the spark sometimes when you insert the battery. That is the huge inrush of current charging the capacitors on the motor controller. It's not great for the connector but should only effect the leading edge. I'd be more concerned if one of your contacts was stretched out more than the others making a loose connection.
IMG_20211120_181634~2.jpg

Do your batteries have a power button next to the level LEDS? Is the battery off when inserted? I had a diminished power situation at times where I was in level 4 going up a hill and would see max 500 watts when normally it should be off scale over 1500 , had motor replaced for that and it was good

Do your batteries have a power button next to the level LEDS? Is the battery off when inserted? I had a diminished power situation at times where I was in level 4 going up a hill and would see max 500 watts when normally it should be off scale over 1500 , had motor replaced for that and it was good
I had same problem in my old motor that was frequently cutting-out. Very low power reading on screen during steep climbs in sports mode power level 5. Doesn't happen with new motor

All- please use the XiaoXiangBMS battery app on your phone and turn off the battery before you uninstall/install them…..
Look mom, no more sparks!!!
-BB
I didn't know about that and I've been in the app! So, that's what that discharge slider switch does... One more thing for the non-existent user manual.

The Xiaoxiang BMS has the capability of enabling the output with a physical switch. I will look into adding one to the internal battery...

There's not a lot of room inside the internal battery but the two gold spring contacts are not used for anything. These almost seem like they were intended to enable the battery once it's fully inserted. I question if the connection is reliable over rough terrain. I could add a capacitor to filter out any brief disconnections. Stay tuned....

Some official resources
The closest matching model number is LH-SP15S003 V1.0

K1 is where you would connect a power switch. The functionality needs to be enabled in the app.
IMG_20211121_123804~2.jpg

Last edited:
Is this different then the on off button setting, ie is more off the with bluetooth?

Word of warning..... If you use the 'off' option on the app you may not be able to turn it back on without plugging the charger in. It's a known issue.
Is there a reason this happens, or some big in software or something?

Back