Known Issues & Problems with Stromer Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

For the last couple weeks my ST2has been trying to download new software and failing to do so. Every time I turn it on or off, it shows “Update will be processed” then it cycles through another screen and comes back to the Welcome screen. Once in this loop there is no way out and it just does it continuously. If you start riding sometimes it clears, but most of the time I get the drive error. I’ve tried unplugging the battery as that was the only way to get rid of the drive error. Any other ideas?

I have firmware ST2 SUI V2.0 I.262 I if that helps.

For the last couple weeks my ST2has been trying to download new software and failing to do so. Every time I turn it on or off, it shows “Update will be processed” then it cycles through another screen and comes back to the Welcome screen. Once in this loop there is no way out and it just does it continuously. If you start riding sometimes it clears, but most of the time I get the drive error. I’ve tried unplugging the battery as that was the only way to get rid of the drive error. Any other ideas?

I have firmware ST2 SUI V2.0 I.262 I if that helps.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Alex C, I just updated my firmware on my St2 . Now I have V 3.4.14513 on about 4/30/18. Seems to have solved start up issues I was having . Still need more rides to know for sure.Thanks Joe for the Stromer link FAQ. Very helpful,need to remember that one.

Thanks for the link. I’ve tried multiple times to download the software, ensuring I had proper cell coverage for at least 30 mins and I can get it to work. I’m going to post in the main forum to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

I am having a minor issue with the blue battery. Currently on display it show as 0% but the battery works fine. I am able to ride the bike and it charges properly.

I visited Amego on 7th to report the issue. They checked battery condition using a meter and it was fine. They even replaced a battery and the display showed 100%. Amego told me they will contact Stromer for battery replacement. It is almost 2 weeks - I haven't heard from Amego yet.

Just want to know, if there is a direct email contact for Stromer in Canada? Reason for asking is the battery is still under warranty (less than 13 months old), so, I want to get in touch with Stromer for replacement as the battery is defective. I checked stromer site for email address - none found for Toronto. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

RL

Hello RL,

Which model of bike do you have as there is the older Blue battery for the ST1’s and a Blue battery for the ST1X & ST2’s. Also there should be a date stamp on the battery someplace to know when it was made.

Bike = Stromer ST1
Battery = 630 wh Blue Colour
Model = ST1005AC
Volt = 36v
Rated capacity = 16.5 Ah
Manufactured in Taiwan
Date of manufacture = Nov 2016

I looked at the warranty details at Stromer site for battery. It states 2 years 85% usage. Based on this information, I am eligible for replacement battery. Hope Amego will do their best to get the replacement - if not, I will have to deal with Stromer directly.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 819
Last edited:
Hi!

My ST2 has not downloaded software updates at all during 3 months, even though the software is quite old. After contacting the dealer, Stromer diagnosed the bike remotely. They said that the display is faulty and needs to be replaced. The display communicates, but does not try to download software. Now we're waiting for the new display, luckily I can ride the bike while waiting.

Another issue I had was heavy shaking from the motor during motor assistance. Stromer said with 95% propability it's a faulty motor cable. The shop ordered a new cable and changed it under the warranty. Everything was fine again.

2018 ST2S. Less than 350 miles. Went back to the shop to replace a motor power cable for the dreaded "judder". Got it back last week and have a new problem, intermittent of power to the Di2 module.

I woke up to discover a flat on my daily ride, the 22" ST1x. I grabbed the Demo ST2s that was sent back to me last weekish for a maiden voyage after fixing the motor drive cable. I had an electrical gremlin right away. The Shimano DI2 would not power on, but the battery was only one click from full (Found this out later after fiddling). I started to cables on the power module and it intermittently would power on, then turn off. I randomly unplugged the stromer motor controller "- + Light" connector and the shifter module turned on and stayed on, but only as long as I left the motor control unplugged. As soon as I plugged in the motor control, the Di2 powered off. I repeated this process randomly for about five minutes and finally the two seemed to work together. Got to work.....

....Left work, same problem. Turned bike on, motor control works, but shifter has no power and I'm stuck in a gear. The shifter module has power. This is some electrical gremlin. Disappointed to say the least. Well, off to fix a flat in the old reliable ST1x.

I am having a minor issue with the blue battery. Currently on display it show as 0% but the battery works fine. I am able to ride the bike and it charges properly.

I visited Amego on 7th to report the issue. They checked battery condition using a meter and it was fine. They even replaced a battery and the display showed 100%. Amego told me they will contact Stromer for battery replacement. It is almost 2 weeks - I haven't heard from Amego yet.

Just want to know, if there is a direct email contact for Stromer in Canada? Reason for asking is the battery is still under warranty (less than 13 months old), so, I want to get in touch with Stromer for replacement as the battery is defective. I checked stromer site for email address - none found for Toronto. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

RL
I had a similar issue. Took it to my local tech person. Looked at voltage, changed batteries like you did. After cleaning the connector heads the problem was solved. I know, a very simple solution to what could be a more complex problem.

I checked with Amego and Stromer. It is battery issue. Stromer has agreed to replace the battery as it is still under warranty. I will get the battery replaced this Friday. Hope it will resolve the issue on the display monitor with proper battery %.

Was out for a 100 kms ride today and the back fender almost fell off! Both screws came out. Luckily I had a bungee cord that I could use to keep it on and get home. I typically carry around 25-30 kgs in my panniers. Today I had my spare battery strapped to the back rack. I think the rack couldn't handle the sometimes rough' path I was on.

Has anyone had any luck replacing the stock screws with more robust one?

Also while climbing a steep hill I got a motor error message letting me know the motor was over heating. I've read about this issue but never have had it happen to me.

it's not the screws themselves, you don't need stronger ones. What you DO need is Loctite Blue (do not use the Red). A drop on each screw and it won't ever back out again.

Thanks for that.. I admit, I've never heard of Loctite Blue...

Loctite is a brand of thread locker, and the most common one out there. It's had replaced lock washers in the bicycle and motorcycle industry which saves weight and prevents the fastener from backing out. It's in liquid or paste form and reacts with air to dry in the threads of the fastener and prevent it from moving. It comes in different strengths so you have to pay attention to which you use. Blue is designed to take screws on and off and what you should use on a bicycle. Red is designed for fasteners you do not want to remove and typically requires a heat source to melt it should you have to. More here: http://henkeladhesivesna.com/blog/the-difference-between-red-blue-green-and-purple-threadlockers/

Was out for a 100 kms ride today and the back fender almost fell off! Both screws came out. Luckily I had a bungee cord that I could use to keep it on and get home. I typically carry around 25-30 kgs in my panniers. Today I had my spare battery strapped to the back rack. I think the rack couldn't handle the sometimes rough' path I was on.

Has anyone had any luck replacing the stock screws with more robust one?

Also while climbing a steep hill I got a motor error message letting me know the motor was over heating. I've read about this issue but never have had it happen to me.

Not an Issue It's a safety to not burn up motor. You need to kick support down to 1 or 2 and do more work yourself. Not electric motorcycle!

RE: Painting Carbon Forks

I'm about to repaint my carbo forks and was wondering if anyone had any tips for me before I do this. (I have them off so thought this would be a good time to spruce them up)

Besides taking off the clear coat protective layer I do think painting this is pretty straightforward. I've never tried painting on carbon before so was just wondering if anyone had any experience / advice with this.

I'm planning on spraying on the flat mat black with a metal paint and then spraying some kind of protective clear coat afterward. I haven't researched the clear coat yet.

Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).

Back