Known Issues & Problems with Stromer Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).
This is called the Null Island (have a look on Wikipedia). This is the 0°N 0°E point. Meaning that your OMNI is not receiving any GPS signal.

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!

Was happily riding home yesterday on my ST2 when my motor literally stopped! Riding 15kms home with no power really made me realize how heavy these bikes, are I tell you! Omni is showing a "device error". Taking it into the shop today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The question I'm asking my self is whether the European made ST5s are better quality and less likely to suffer from these "lemon" like problems. If I knew for sure I'd trade up today!

Did you remove and reinstall the battery? This happened to me once and it made me realize I need to carry the keys while riding. Mine didn't stop while riding, however. It got me to work, then when i tried to ride home it needed removal. I rode home 11 miles without any power and reset it when it got home.

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.

First thing I did. Rebooted and removed battery. Went home and put in my spare battery just in case. I'm worried that the motor is pooched. Its in the shop waiting to hear back from Stromer. Hopefully it won't take too long! I'm having withdrawals.
oh boy. let us know.

100 mi review, calibike whl. & motor as replacement for damaged CCS bafang: The main difference one has higher torque vs. less rpm as
opposed to more rpm, less torque. I'm very satisfied with it now, but only after a few changes. Initially it performed well above 16 mph,
but was sluggish at low speeds. I'm fond of dawdling along at 12, but not of pedaling a 66 pd. bike without much help.
Solution: I already had a 50/34 chainring on the bike so I put it on the 34. Thus I was providing more torque with less effort which was also
picked up by the torque sensor. That's all it took. I can ride in eco on the 11 tooth 70% of the time. It's a slight trade off; I use a little
higher cadence, but it's not as much work. All in all, not bad for inexpensive plug & play wheel. Not quite as good on longer steep hills, but
only by about 10 yards,

Last edited:
Has anyone spent much time with the OMNI-C? I just upgraded to it last week on my ST1x and have had nothing but problems. It was 6 days before I could reset my PIN (which is nice) but the GPS shows the bike off the coast of Africa (I'm in Denver, CO).
I upgraded my 2018 ST2S last November to OMNI C and initially connected to my iOS app but no connection for plus 85 days. GPS location stuck in the last connect, same with battery level, no daily mileage. Wonder if Stomer collects and store data. Apparently there is a software problem (read in other forums), waiting for a fix.

I updated two ST2 bikes a couple of weeks ago. Both communicate. I was able to set the PINs. One transmits its GPS location. The other says it isn’t available, and it hasn’t been available since the update. The one that works has worked since the first day. I’m taking the bad one back for replacement.
Are you requesting that the bad OMNI C be replaced since one upgrade works?

Stromer St2s Drive error code 0x2 10207...no motor response , bike pedals without motor support, message cycles if hit OK till buttons don’t respond and can’t turn off till battery is pulled..bike turns on without message today ,as soon as I try , small umph from motor and message starts again

anybody have any ideas?

Hi Everyone, having some problems with my ST1X. The cables that come from the engine and go into the frame are held in place via a clip. They popped out a while back and I don't normally look at that part of the bike and the brake rotor started to cut into the cable. Fortunately before too much damage was done the motor cut out and gave the following error code: Drive Error 0X230000. I took it to the dealer and they said that they have never seen this happen before. There were a couple of other ST1x's in the shop so they were able to easily see how the cable are suppose to be attached and put them back into place and presumably cleared the codes and reset the computer.

All good so far (excepting that now I have a frayed cable from the brake rotor digging into it)

Now two weeks later the cable is getting pulled around the part where the cable comes right out of the motor on the wheel. I think the cables are also popping out again, not as bad as before. The engine is not operable and giving the 0X230000 code again.

So back to the dealer.

Has anyone had the same problems?

The other problem I am experiencing is a very loud cracking sound coming from the handle bar area that is definitely not normal for a bike. The dealer has tried to fix it by greasing everything, but still not fixed. They will be contacting Stomer to see whats up, but would be great to see if anyone else has the same problems.

View attachment 17020

Here is a picture of the cable wrapping around the wheel
View attachment 17021
I’m having the same error come up.
0X230000 motor just keeps kicking in and out.
Seemed to correct itself only to show back up some time later. Not having much luck getting info as everyone seems to have no idea what’s causing it. Time to talk to a Stromer tech and get the bottom of this issue!

I just got new 2021 stromer st1. I was told that the Omni system was upgraded for me by the selling dealer. I downloaded the Omni app. It says to click on the Omni display under bike under Omni in order to see a QR Code. I don’t have an Omni option under bike. How can I tell if I actually have the upgraded Omni c?

I also downloaded the Omni BT app and tried to pair my phone with the bike. One time out of 10!I was able to pair the bike but the app was never able to connect with the bike.

Any idea what’s going on or what I should do?
Thanks

Back