Known Issues & Problems with Sondors Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Sondors as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I'm in the market for an eBike, and the fact that NOBODY has posted any issues or problems in over two years is very encouraging.

This isn't a problem just something helpful, the advanced color LCD password is 1515, then you can change your speed and power settings and other cool stuff, but I choose to leave some of it alone because I don't know what it will do.

FWIW-- I ordered a Sondors Step and I absolutely love it. I've had one or two very small issues which Sondors took care of immediately.
I don't have the color LCD,just the stock. I'm leaving those settings alone too. 20 mph is plenty fast enough for the type of cruising I like to do. At my age, I have no "need for speed". I did hit 31mph yesterday though on a downhill.

Hello. I am looking into that bike or another full sized folder to use with a camper van, but the weight seems high. Can you peddle it OK with the motor off? Thanks.

Hello. I am looking into that bike or another full sized folder to use with a camper van, but the weight seems high. Can you peddle it OK with the motor off? Thanks.
All ebikes are heavy. It pedals like any 65 pound bicycle.

Back