Known Issues & Problems with Magnum Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

battery charger not working on metro plus with about 100 miles on it. The green light goes off after about a second, a brief red light, no light, green light on for sec.etc. keeps cycling that way. The led's on the battery come on when the charger green light is on and then cutoff, and I have tried cleaning plug, and I rode some more to change the battery voltage. If I turn on the battery before inserting the charger, the Led's stay on as the charger cycles. Battery is about 47 volts now, with one LED not lit when turned on. Any one else seen this? I am loving the bike and bummed about this. I have contacted dealer....

battery charger not working on metro plus with about 100 miles on it. The green light goes off after about a second, a brief red light, no light, green light on for sec.etc. keeps cycling that way. The led's on the battery come on when the charger green light is on and then cutoff, and I have tried cleaning plug, and I rode some more to change the battery voltage. If I turn on the battery before inserting the charger, the Led's stay on as the charger cycles. Battery is about 47 volts now, with one LED not lit when turned on. Any one else seen this? I am loving the bike and bummed about this. I have contacted dealer....

Haven't seen that one but my dealer gave me a 36v charger for my 48v Metro. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fully charge. Might double check your charger, I never thought about it.

Haven't seen that one but my dealer gave me a 36v charger for my 48v Metro. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't fully charge. Might double check your charger, I never thought about it.
thanks. yes. it has charged the battery fine a few times, so I think it was OK. I have asked the dlr to mail me one, as I don't live near a lbs that thinks ebikes are OK.
Just an update, my dlr sent one promptly and it is working fine. Still under warranty. I have started looking for a backup, and there are plenty of options.

Last edited:
Hello all:
I have a magnum cruiser which I bought back in July. Since I have owned it the throttle only works a little. That is it has limited power. The pedal assist works perfectly. Anyone ever hear of this issue?

Your setting in the 2nd level menu may be set at a low speed threshold for the throttle. If you search you tube for Magnum das kit c7 display, you will see how to get to that level and make an adjustment. Usually the pass code is 8088.

Your setting in the 2nd level menu may be set at a low speed threshold for the throttle. If you search you tube for Magnum das kit c7 display, you will see how to get to that level and make an adjustment. Usually the pass code is 8088.
Just want to let you know your suggestion fixed my problem and my bike is good now. Thank you so much

That seems odd. Are you located in the United States or Canada?
You can always reach out to magnum directly. In the U.S YOU WOULD NEED to speak to cory. In Canada I would be the one you reach out to.

I would check the rear tire again though as they need to have 40lbs of torque or you need or tighten the spokes
Wayne, I did check mine and it did as you said. Now wondering how one can change the power setting? Let me know if you find anything else about it. I'll keep looking into it to. May need to call Magnum again.
I have a ting, ting, ting in my back wheel. I thought it was loose spokes, but they are tight. A friend said it's probably loose ball berrings. I'm still under warranty, but otherwise it's probably about $40 to fix it.

New magnum owner of the new low rider....basically same set up as the cruiser just a lower step thru basically. Would love anyones input on their add on exp for 1. Handlebar extentions for phones and extra lights 2. Locking as in do the pinlocks work on this, any U bars or best locking tech 3. Anyone hit 28 yet on it? I have had it to 24 strong headwind so is 28 a downhill number lol?
Also best app for testing speed....seems like at 0 assist i am barely going it will say 6mps it sure doesnt feel like 6 lol. Then again im changing from a small scooter so maybe just the cadillac effect ??

New magnum owner of the new low rider....basically same set up as the cruiser just a lower step thru basically. Would love anyones input on their add on exp for 1. Handlebar extentions for phones and extra lights 2. Locking as in do the pinlocks work on this, any U bars or best locking tech 3. Anyone hit 28 yet on it? I have had it to 24 strong headwind so is 28 a downhill number lol?
Also best app for testing speed....seems like at 0 assist i am barely going it will say 6mps it sure doesnt feel like 6 lol. Then again im changing from a small scooter so maybe just the cadillac effect ??
Their website specs are for a max of 25 mph. Good luck trying for 28. ;)

Their website specs are for a max of 25 mph. Good luck trying for 28. ;)
I was wondering. I saw that too but reviews said up to 28 so....and the speed setting says 28 on the bike screen so....wasnt sure if i was that out of shape or what lol. Wonder if a diff. Controller would boost it ?? I know bolton had a kit out for the rad to speed it up.....idk about this setup tho. 3mph no biggie really but it sure doesnt seem like it. I ll measure with gps tomorrow. I just turn the pedals it says 6mph already lol.

I just wanted to pass this on. Probably elementary to most, but:
I have about 250 miles now on magnum metro plus and am really enjoying it. The other day I had to stop suddenly(brakes are very good) and I guess I had a lot of weight on the handlebars. The bars shifted way forward and downward. Oh that is awkward. I knew I had a 'tool free' stem, but had not looked at it, or thought about it, and did not have a clue how it worked. I was close enough to home to ease back, and figure it out. I had to tighten the clamp underneath the tool free device with an allen wrench. Easy enough. I do wish I had marked original location of stem and handlebars. It took a few rides to get it back close to original spot.
So, my suggestion is to tighten that clamp underneath the tool free thing after a few hundred miles, along with actually learning how it works before you need it.
Good luck to all.

Tried to replace patched tube on front wheel, unable to find tube with stem that will fit thru wheel. Original is a CST 26x1.9/2/125, they are out of stock everywhere I looked. Standard (American?) tube stems are too fat to fit fully thru the wheel leaving most of stem inside wheel pressed into tube - and I think this makes a flat very likely.

The photo shows the replacement tube installed by eBikes USA in Denver. IMG_6477.JPG

Tried to replace patched tube on front wheel, unable to find tube with stem that will fit thru wheel. Original is a CST 26x1.9/2/125, they are out of stock everywhere I looked. Standard (American?) tube stems are too fat to fit fully thru the wheel leaving most of stem inside wheel pressed into tube - and I think this makes a flat very likely.

The photo shows the replacement tube installed by eBikes USA in Denver. View attachment 54155
Make sure your rim strip hole is lined up perfectly with the hole in the rim. It's called a Schrader valve stem.

display backlight dim, with a weird "stain" in the background of the LCD, hard to see in this photo (it's way brighter than in real life) but along the right side of the screen it's dim, and also a weird "stain" that looks like a shadow, a little bit of that is also on the left. any ideas? possible screen break?

Attachments

• 20200704_145132.jpg
    20200704_145132.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 521
display backlight dim, with a weird "stain" in the background of the LCD, hard to see in this photo (it's way brighter than in real life) but along the right side of the screen it's dim, and also a weird "stain" that looks like a shadow, a little bit of that is also on the left. any ideas? possible screen break?
That looks odd for sure. Will not stop you from riding, but doesn't look correct. Easy to replace. Have you contacted seller? (assuming this is a new bike) or Magnum?

That looks odd for sure. Will not stop you from riding, but doesn't look correct. Easy to replace. Have you contacted seller? (assuming this is a new bike) or Magnum?
yep brand new, right outta the box. the seller told me "it's typical, and doesn't seem all that visible". i also got the wrong seat, they claim was what they got. it's not the gel seat, but an older model seat.

Attachments

• 2020-07-03 16_50_33-Window.png
    2020-07-03 16_50_33-Window.png
    648.2 KB · Views: 535
  • 106639217_10157677067159366_7277121704019337282_o.jpg
    106639217_10157677067159366_7277121704019337282_o.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 325
Hi, new member here, and just got a new Magnum Peak. I really like it and I've a lot to learn. Found his forum and looking forward to learning and helping.

I am having trouble getting into the set mode on my Magnum Peak. Says to hold down set button for two seconds but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Want to change from kilometers to mph. Appreciate any help.

You might need to hold down the + and - buttons at the same time.

Then you'll need to set up the code. 8088 is one of them.

Hi, new member here, and just got a new Magnum Peak. I really like it and I've a lot to learn. Found his forum and looking forward to learning and helping.

I am having trouble getting into the set mode on my Magnum Peak. Says to hold down set button for two seconds but nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Want to change from kilometers to mph. Appreciate any help.

Try holding down the + and - buttons together. The code might be 8088.

Back