Known Issues & Problems with M2S Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from M2S Bikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from M2S Bikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
Gotta say my bike has been great . The only things I have encountered is you have to be sure the battery is locked into place when you put it on the bike if not it will move just a bit and disconnects and the spokes on the rear wheel needed to be tightened after about 200 miles . Just normal stuff.

I have recently purchased 3 bikes from m2s bikes @ $2000 each. I have had problems with each one. One of the biggest problems is that they either are very slow to respond to calls and emails or they don't respond at all. I should have been more suspicious when I found out that the bikes are made in China. First, all three wouldn't shift without the derailleur being adjusted. Turns out, most bike shops won't work on them, either because I didn't buy the bike there, or they have had too many problems with the poor quality of the Chinese bikes. On the second bike, it was missing a shock bushing that I did not notice. Now there is a problem with the wheel because the shock moved from side to side. I have now been waiting 60 days for them to send repair parts. On the third bike, just the other day, the bolt that holds the seat on broke. Luckily no one was badly injured. If you are considering one of these bikes. Don't.

M2S has never answered any of my email questions and I called them and the phone rings forever without the ability to leave a message.

Rad Power is the opposite, they seem to be very involved with the ebike community even though they are across the country from me, I feel like they got my back!

M2S could be next door to me but they mind as well be a million miles away the way they ignore customers LOL.

I'm not sure if Rads are better than M2S. There is so little written about their bikes it's a mystery.

Court has tested similar bikes and it's 'OK'. There are very similar frame styles out there using the same Chinese suppliers? Meanwhile Rad seem to be improving their product line and 'listening' to their customers LOL.

Agreed, as far as reviews. But, M2S uses higher level components, they have a tapered stem tube, some models are mid drive powered, and full suspension. To me Rad is in a different class than M2S. M2S is a more adventure oriented brand, with some city capable models, but definitely an off road enthusiasts bike

I had some problems when I first got my All Terrain 750 last August. they were quick to respond and get my problem fixed. They shipped me a new rear wheel and motor assembly and when the only bike shop in my area refused to help(said there was a liability issue if they had not sold the bike) M2S worked with me show me how to fix the problem. Recently i had a question about brake pads and they answered within 2 hrs. Only one time have I had to wait for more than 24 hrs for an answer to any question I had.

Are your battery indicators reliable?

I had 3 bars on the display and 3 LEDs on the battery with 40 mi on the trip-meter. I was riding conservatively, in and out of 1-3 PAS, and all of a sudden the bike shut down. No power. Display went blank and the battery show no lights when button was pressed.

The display never showed 2 bars or even 1 bar.

Never had a problem with it ,but I don't usually ride my bike that far on one trip about 30 miles is my longest one. If I go over 20 I charge my battery when I get home.

Thanks Bobj,

I just plugged in my battery (16Ah) to the charger and here's what I noticed...

Reminder, after my bike shut down I was not able to get any LEDs to light up when pressing the battery button. But once I put the battery on the charger I pushed the battery button and got 3 LEDs. So my assumptions are:

3 lit LEDs can equal 0 charge. So even though the battery can display 4 LEDs... my bike can run out of battery even if there are 3 LEDs lit. Can someone confirm this?​

3 bars from the bike display can also equal 0 charge. Even though 5 bars can be shown, I can run out of battery even with 3 bars remaining.​

I've asked M2S and have not gotten a response yet.

The bummer part is even after shut down, I think the battery still has juice... (a 20% reserve to protect the battery). I would like to access that just to make the last mile etc... literally I only have 1 mile or less to go! LOL But I cant get the display to power up, is there a button dance that will wake up the display?

Are your battery indicators reliable?

I had 3 bars on the display and 3 LEDs on the battery with 40 mi on the trip-meter. I was riding conservatively, in and out of 1-3 PAS, and all of a sudden the bike shut down. No power. Display went blank and the battery show no lights when button was pressed.

The display never showed 2 bars or even 1 bar.
I had a problem at first with my battery not being completely latched to the bike I would hit a bump and bike would shut down . I have to make sure my battery snaps into place and I can’t just pull it out without the key . No problems since then.

No that is not right has it always done that ? Almost sounds like a bad wheel bearing . Does the wheel move a bit side to side when grab it and try to move it ? It should be tight with no movement side to side

Thanks Mark, the wheel is tightly mounted and there is no side to side or any kind of movement. It's done this from day one.

I think something is loose inside the hub motor and another owner in a different thread is hearing the same thing. Our bikes shipped at the same time.

Back