Known Issues & Problems with Luna Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Repeat: Luna charger DOES NOT WORK as advertised with the Aventon Level battery.
Where does Luna claim it will?

I went to Luna's charger page and read this:
This charger is configured for use with Luna 48V 18650-cell battery packs. We make no guarantees about compatibility using other batteries. Please be sure the voltage matches your battery. For example only use the 48V charger on a 48V pack.

According to the internet Wayback archive (https://web.archive.org/web/2018112...luna-charger-48v-advanced-300w-ebike-charger/ ), that disclaimer has been on the page since it was first created in Nov 2018.

Like I said up-thread, my Luna 48V charger works fine with RadPower and Evelo batteries. Heck, Evelo actually recommended this Luna charger to me because of its faster charging and 80%/90% charger capabilities! Since I no longer own that Evelo bike, mine's for sale if anyone wants it at a good price.

You are correct, Thomas and Smorgasbord. If I had invested more time researching, I would have avoided purchasing the battery. When it said "only use the 48V charger on a 48V pac" I thought that was their reference to the requirement for a 18650-cell battery (??). [I've no idea if the Aventon battery is a 18650-cell....]

Like most people, I am not educated as to the intricacies of battery charging (my one physics class was over 40 years ago!). I guess I was more interested in charging my battery to 80% than learning as to why different batteries require different types of chargers. Interesting to some, I'm sure - but I was just looking to protect my expensive battery as best I can to get a more enjoyable and less stressful ride, and thought I'd share my experience on the Aventon forum..

In fairness, I did finally get reimbursed, and I am relying on the decent charger Aventon included (although charging to 100% each time).

Last edited:
I was more interested in charging my battery to 80%
Get an inexpensive multimeter. I like the Aneng branded. And a timer.
See the first post for all you need!

I bought a Satiator as I had 24v, 36v, and 48v batteries to charge. It's now 5 years old and has MORE than paid for itself.

charging to 80%

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.24.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 1.27.05 PM.png

Back