Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

The external aluminum plate on the controller is attached to the controller with thermal compound tape (as an added heatsink for more efficient dissipation)

Thanks Luis! I will tell you that mine was attached very poorly. It was not tightly fitted to the controller and stuck out quite a bit. I'm also wondering why there's a heatsink on one side only. Glad that I reattached it installed it.

Good job @youth! You were correct, sir!

(Luis - how long does it take you guys to replace a controller? I know you've done several - I would imagine you guys can do it in 10 minutes! But how do you get those rubber strips back in place!!!!?)

I topped out at 32 on my RCS. In Los Angeles “the last 3 days, the rain was unstoppable, it was always cold, no sunshine,” but tomorrow is my day off and no rain in the forecast, will be runnin’ down a dream! I’m having fun just charting my course on google maps.

R & S feel pretty similar to me. I've read that 34mph is supposed to be easily achievable with R, but I feel like I hit a wall around 32. 0 mode does result in no assist according to the display wattage reading so I think my firmware is ok.

Today, I biked home at night and glanced at the LCD display. In 0 mode, I saw over 300W on the display. In Sport mode, I saw over 1000W on the display. Do you folks see these kind of numbers? :eek:

300W in zero mode? That's supposed to be no assist. I can't recall but I think you have the CCS controller in your CCX, correct? So you're actually in ECO mode on Assist 0. I'll look at ECO tomorrow and report back. I know in S mode last week I was in the 900w range for a brief time.

Things to make with broken spokes:

Attachments

• P1010611.JPG
    P1010611.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 641
  • P1010612.JPG
    P1010612.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 627
Has anyone ever actually achieved the touted 100 mi+, range of the hyper-extended range 21ah battery on a CCS, on is that just extended hype?

Has anyone ever actually achieved the touted 100 mi+, range of the hyper-extended range 21ah battery on a CCS, on is that just extended hype?

On a warm spring/early summer day, with no headwind, 175lbs rider should be able to travel 100 miles under these conditions.

Juiced Range.jpg

On a warm spring/early summer day, with no headwind, 175lbs rider should be able to travel 100 miles under these conditions.

View attachment 29432
Yeah okay, but I'm asking if anyone's actually done that. I'm sorry, I'm a bit annoyed at Juiced support trying to
tell me that virtually every bicycle manufacturer on earth alternates spokes from side to side along the hub rim because they enjoy they extra cost & labor.
Somehow that dog won't hunt.

They offered, but I already have different spokes coming & prefer to rebuild the wheel myself. Pics of the CCX show spokes still being loaded
into just one side of the rear hub rim,( the easy way). It has an excellent 700 rim, but the slots on the motor are worn & require larger 10g spokes now. It's
sapim spokes I'm replacing, but this time they will properly alternate on both sides of the motor slots instead of all being inserted from
one side. Okay, I'm big, I ride hard & have 3400 ml. on the bike, but somewhere down the line, maybe at 5000 ml. lighter riders will be experiencing
the same failures for the same reason, spokes binding against each other when they flex. There's a good reason why spokes are mounted from
both sides on all other bikes. It allows them to flex independently. 1st thumb is a CCX , 2nd is representative of most other bikes
Note also that the Civi bafang has a thicker spoke wall that better distributes stress on the spokes. I think 26" wheels & smaller 160mm discs would
greatly reduce metal fatigue in spokes as well.

P,S. the motor still performs remarkably well.

Attachments

• juiced-bikes-crosscurrent-s-8fun-650-watt-internally-geared-hub-motor-1200x800-c-default.jpg
    juiced-bikes-crosscurrent-s-8fun-650-watt-internally-geared-hub-motor-1200x800-c-default.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 347
  • civi-bikes-predator-bafang-500-watt-fat-bike-hub-motor-1200x800-c-default.jpg
    civi-bikes-predator-bafang-500-watt-fat-bike-hub-motor-1200x800-c-default.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Just took the fenders off my CCX tonight. It was worse than the CCX controller replacement! :)

I had to let the air out of the rear tire and then tie-strap it down so that I could do 1/8 turns with an allen wrench. 20 minutes later that bolt was out. Why does that need to be a 1 inch long bolt to hold up a 1 oz fender at a point with basically zero pressure? I mean the rear fender is held up predominantly at the top by the rack and the rear as well. That was seriously not fun.

I hadn't topped up my tires since I filled them when new and the front tire was down to around 45psi from 60psi about 4 weeks ago. I'll make certain I top them up once a week now as they seem to lose pressure rather quickly.

I like the clean look of the bike without the fenders. I like that the headlight doesn't glare off the front anymore. I like that there will be no more rattling or rubbing. They were completely unnecessary for my type of riding and my locale.

Just took the fenders off my CCX tonight. It was worse than the CCX controller replacement.

Having fun yet?:p Kinda inconvenient if you install a dbl. leg kickstand too, impossible to get tight without first detaching fender mount, but hey,
we're pioneers in an evolving era.

Back