Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

I’ve had an issue from the last two rides where the plus button on the display wouldn’t always function. Went to order up a new display from juiced (I’m in the UK so shipping is pretty costly), but thought I’d try and fix it. I undid the display with the small Allen key, then thought about unscrewing the three screws holding the display together....well I did try but wrecked one of the screws haha.
Second attempt was to prise up the plus button, it’s sort of squidgy plastic, did that and squirted some WD40 in, not too much. Shook the display a few times, plugged it back in and voila! Plus button working perfectly now.

Saved me a few bob anyway, all thanks to Iver Norman Larsen (Mr WD40)

Will be out for a nice ride tomorrow. 9C tomorrow here in London. Going to treat the CCS to some new pannier bags

Good to hear that WD-40 did the trick. I'm sure there are others who will say you should have just used contact cleaner, which has a lot of the same volatile chemicals without the light oil.

But I say oil might prevent surface corrosion -- and this might have been your original problem. Just don't tell anyone you use it on your chain, or you will be forever flamed!

I’ve had an issue from the last two rides where the plus button on the display wouldn’t always function. Went to order up a new display from juiced (I’m in the UK so shipping is pretty costly), but thought I’d try and fix it. I undid the display with the small Allen key, then thought about unscrewing the three screws holding the display together....well I did try but wrecked one of the screws haha.
Second attempt was to prise up the plus button, it’s sort of squidgy plastic, did that and squirted some WD40 in, not too much. Shook the display a few times, plugged it back in and voila! Plus button working perfectly now.

Saved me a few bob anyway, all thanks to Iver Norman Larsen (Mr WD40)

Will be out for a nice ride tomorrow. 9C tomorrow here in London. Going to treat the CCS to some new pannier bags

The display is under warranty for a year.....I had minus button doing the same.....they sent me a new one.

[
QUOTE="rexel1, post: 174523, member: 19213"]Unfortunately my bike was bought used, the warranty is only for the first owner I think[/QUOTE] Rex you think? Call and ask and make sure.

A heads of in case anyone else has rear rack issues on their CCX:

My Juiced CCX, bought during the Black Friday sale 11/21, has an issue with the rear fender rubbing against the tire. After looking carefully, I figured out that the problem is that the rear rack is offset to the right about 1" over the wheel, which pushes the fender to the right at the attachment point. It looks like the rack was bent incorrectly at the factory: There should be an extra 1/2" of splay on the right side rack stay to accommodate the extra space used for the rear derailleur, but on mine the extra 1/2" is on the left side. This ends up shifting the whole rack 1" to the right (derailleur side). I've contacted Juiced about a replacement but haven't heard back yet (but so far their tech support has been prompt and helpful). Since this appears to be a manufacturing issue, has anyone else experienced it?

My Juiced CCX, bought during the Black Friday sale 11/21, has an issue with the rear fender rubbing against the tire. After looking carefully, I figured out that the problem is that the rear rack is offset to the right about 1" over the wheel, which pushes the fender to the right at the attachment point. It looks like the rack was bent incorrectly at the factory: There should be an extra 1/2" of splay on the right side rack stay to accommodate the extra space used for the rear derailleur, but on mine the extra 1/2" is on the left side. This ends up shifting the whole rack 1" to the right (derailleur side). I've contacted Juiced about a replacement but haven't heard back yet (but so far their tech support has been prompt and helpful). Since this appears to be a manufacturing issue, has anyone else experienced it?

The wheel won't center in the fender...the torque sensor makes the wheel off center.

Juiced is sending a replacement. I've attached some pictures in case people wonder what I'm talking about. The CCX has an offset rear dropout, which lets them use a zero-dish rear wheel (more strength than a dished wheel), but that means the right side seatstays/chainstays are further from the wheel center than the left side. You can see that the rack has way more splay on one side than the other to match this... but it's on the wrong side.

Attachments

• IMG_20181218_083711279.jpg
    IMG_20181218_083711279.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 560
  • IMG_20181218_141749932.jpg
    IMG_20181218_141749932.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 556
  • IMG_20181218_141652674.jpg
    IMG_20181218_141652674.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 590
  • 031008dish.gif
    031008dish.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 557
I purchased my Juiced RipCurrent S on Black Friday. It came fast but the rear rack was broken. The light was all the way at the back and the welded spot to attach the fender hanger was broken off. I exchanged a few messages with jb. They first said to move it forward and attach wheee the rear light is but that wouldn’t work. Then they said They sent the wrong rack. They wanted me to return the rack and then they would send a replacement. I told them this was unacceptable. The bike can’t be ridden unless the fender is held up correctly.
They sent me a new rack and it is slightly different. The rear light was further back. I had to make a bunch of adjustments. All so the fender would not rub on the tire.
I have not had any other issues except a little hold back on the torque sensor?? Most of the time it is smooth. It bucks a little sometimes. I noticed the chain hit the frame and has taken a bunch of paint off.
I hit a tree and the front part of the front fender shattered. I think I’m going to leave it or remove it altogether.
I really like the bike. I just got the horn today and it was easy to put on.

Attachments

• 2D4053D2-95C1-4096-9EB2-18C951AFA289.jpeg
    2D4053D2-95C1-4096-9EB2-18C951AFA289.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 426
  • C0AD21BD-7569-4234-9FEA-6B0D550B852E.jpeg
    C0AD21BD-7569-4234-9FEA-6B0D550B852E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
  • A61AADFC-CDC3-43D2-B0E8-2FD7CE9E0C5C.jpeg
    A61AADFC-CDC3-43D2-B0E8-2FD7CE9E0C5C.jpeg
    686.5 KB · Views: 447
On my crosscurrent S, when I ride over small bumps, the motor will activate for a brief moment and accelerate even though I'm not pedaling nor using the thumb throttle. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Yes, this rear rack condition has been an issue for a few of us. I was able to modify the condition by realigning the offset status of the rack. Refer to the blog messages 72-75 in "service and delivery problems" where I have written a description of my fix of the issue. In the link below is a 5-step procedure which I realigned, and reinstalled this mfg defect. Here is the link (# 74 on the blog timeline): https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/service-and-delivery-problems-solved.26114/page-4

Last edited:
On my crosscurrent S, when I ride over small bumps, the motor will activate for a brief moment and accelerate even though I'm not pedaling nor using the thumb throttle. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue.

Yes,the "bump"is putting tension on the chain and the torque sensor is reacting..normsl.

I purchased my Juiced RipCurrent S on Black Friday. It came fast but the rear rack was broken. The light was all the way at the back and the welded spot to attach the fender hanger was broken off. I exchanged a few messages with jb. They first said to move it forward and attach wheee the rear light is but that wouldn’t work. Then they said They sent the wrong rack. They wanted me to return the rack and then they would send a replacement. I told them this was unacceptable. The bike can’t be ridden unless the fender is held up correctly.
They sent me a new rack and it is slightly different. The rear light was further back. I had to make a bunch of adjustments. All so the fender would not rub on the tire.
I have not had any other issues except a little hold back on the torque sensor?? Most of the time it is smooth. It bucks a little sometimes. I noticed the chain hit the frame and has taken a bunch of paint off.
I hit a tree and the front part of the front fender shattered. I think I’m going to leave it or remove it altogether.
I really like the bike. I just got the horn today and it was easy to put on.

They make covers to prevent chain slap damage to the frame...you can find them on amazon.....or use electrical tape works just as well or better...you may even be able to find red.

I'm just about ready to hang it up with Juiced. While they seem to have good customer support, their quality control seems to be really bad.

My CCX was delivered with a bent rear rack and with the wrong CCS controller firmware ('0' and 'R' modes didn't function correctly). Juiced support was super responsive, and quickly sent out a replacement rear rack and new controller. The new rack looks OK (haven't mounted it yet), but the torque/cadence sensor with the new controller is completely broken (throttle works fine, but pedaling adds no power in any mode, and I rechecked all the connections/cabling). I'm hopeful Juiced will send me out another controller or tell me the magic incantation to make the torque sensor work correctly (still waiting to hear back from them).

Edit 1/12/2019: I'll reply in a new posting with more details and tricks to get the controller installed, but wanted everyone to know that I got the new controller working. In the end I think the new controller worked all along, but my testing methodology was bad. So while I'm not super happy that the bike originally had the rack & controller issues, Juiced support came through very quickly and the new controller they sent me was not defective in any way.

Last edited:
Its
I'm just about ready to hang it up with Juiced. While they seem to have good customer support, their quality control seems to be really bad.

My CCX was delivered with a bent rear rack and with the wrong CCS controller firmware ('0' and 'R' modes didn't function correctly). Juiced support was super responsive, and quickly sent out a replacement rear rack and new controller. The new rack looks OK (haven't mounted it yet), but the torque/cadence sensor with the new controller is completely broken (throttle works fine, but pedaling adds no power in any mode, and I rechecked all the connections/cabling). I'm hopeful Juiced will send me out another controller or tell me the magic incantation to make the torque sensor work correctly (still waiting to hear back from them).
It's the same story we've seen with Juiced before. Product development happens so fast that something else gets screwed up. For a while it was distribution, orders taking 3-4 months to arrive. That was a supply chain problem and got fixed by ramping up production. Since the Scrambler went on sale, they've been moving so much product that QA has suffered.

I'm sorry this has happened to you and a number of others. Rear racks in particular have been complained about. Juiced has been making it right, but I know how I'd have felt the day my CCS arrived if something was screwed up that badly. Especially your controller problem! I hope that gets settled pronto so you can start enjoying your amazing bike.

I think I have acquired some insight into My long standing spoke issues. If you weigh 180# or less this shouldn't affect you. I'm on my
3rd set of rear spokes for my CCS, & I love the bike, but I am seriously sick of dealing with spokes. Even with all the weight I've lost, L'm
6'3", 250#,( Over the course of those 3 sets of spokes, each set being prone to a different sort of failure but related to the motor itself.
( bear in mind, with 3400 mi. my bike has been subjected to more use than many)
*Initially I thought it convenient that all spokes had been inserted from the outside edge of the motor, but the bores are counter-sunk from
both sides. On all my other bikes spokes alternate inside, outside. I believe that would have been the correct way to build the wheel in the
first place, & I'm kinda pissed that Juiced decided to cut corners & do it the easy way. (maybe this was just done to my bike, tell me if your
spokes were done one sided?) Anyway, by lacing all spokes to the outside they bind against one another when flexed & distribution of
stress is unequal. This probably has little effect on lighter riders but it sure as hell snaps my spokes right at the motor. Also, the company
from which I am buying my next set of spokes specializes in ebike spokes & strongly recommends 10g spokes on bikes with more than
500w of power. I am also going to alternate slightly longer 10g spokes, 236mm instead of 234mm, ( approx. 1/16" longer). Hopefully this will
resolve a long standing source of aggravation. Busted spokes can get you killed

Are you listening Tora?

Last edited:
Dan, 275# is the current rating, but the 1st edition CCS were rated for 300 or 325, can't recall which, but at least 300. Now maybe it was
just some pissed off guy on the line that threaded all my spokes from the outside, but that's the way I received it. Not being a wheel
builder, I assumed that was the way it was supposed to go. I didn't even notice the motor was counter-sunk on both sides 'til just
yesterday. It's a great bike still performing very well after 3400 mi., but I've had at least a mo. of down time fixing spokes that were never
properly installed in the first place & too flimsy to begin with.:mad:

P.S. Having been brain washed viewing the Rip Current ad on U-tube a thousand times, I very nearly pulled the trigger & bought one
out of frustration with the CCS. I still might, but I'm hesitant to do so given the experience so far. I oughta get a new wheel gratis just
for the shear aggravation!

Back