Known Issues & Problems with Juiced Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Hi!, there are 3 main things when replacing a rear hub tire tube.
1- hub cabling: as the motor cable comes out from inside the hub, some handling will be involved on the repair
2- You need a specific way to secure this wheel to the frame. Specially because of the excess forces that are at play. So you need to go through a couple more steps than a normal bike
3-tools: there might be a bit more tools that you need to carry in order to do a full replacement. Sometimes this is why lots of riders prefer "Get Home kits"

We are working on tutorial videos so anyone can see how we do it. With the practice we have ( and the proper tools) you can do it in a couple of minutes

Hi Luis,

What is a "get home kit"? Probably you mean these extra tools you need but exactly what are they?

2 minute exchange, with much practice, is very encouraging. I imagine that is in a shop with stands, lifts, whatever, but still very good. Not that we're counting minutes here but since you bring it up, about how long, with all your practice, would it take you to do solely with transported tools on the side of road?

Hope you get the YT vid up soon. Thinking I'd better see it before purchase

Luis
If you are talking about a flat repair then really not much needed of you use one of the special tubes
You don't have to pull the rim off ,just get the tire off the rim
Cut the old tube off
Install the new special tube and slip the tire back on the rim
Air it back up and back to rolling
Tools needed flat screw driver are tire tool ,knife and hand pump and tube
I like hand pump over co2 because I can and have gotten home with a small leak by stopping and pumping as needed.
Hope that helps

I just received my Ocean Current- First I love the bike BUT.... the set up out of the box was TERRIBLE, both disc brakes were almost unuseable, the shifting was terrible due to cabling being so loose that it would not shift 90 % of the time.Being a person that is not very comfortable with adjusting new bikes, I took to a very qualified shop who took more that 30 minutes getting the brakes right. The guy said he was not sure what the issue was but the brakes were not adjusting as normal brakes and he was very familiar with these brakes. ( I read a post from an e bike dealer that noted that on many of his brakes he was having to actually shim them to get them right, this may be the issue my dealer was wrestling with ) Anyway, 45 minutes later, my dealer had most everything working ok, shifting is still a touch sloppy but about OK about 95% of the time.

I love the bike and I would recommend this bike but I do wish they had the bike out of the box in a much closer state to riding. I was hoping that with putting the handlebars, front tire and seat post on, I would ride away - no luck

Anyway, I am now going to enjoy, it is such a wonderful feeling to be on a completely upright comfortable style beach cruiser but be flying down the road at 24MPH- FANTASTIC !! I also put a thudbuster on for the full magic carpet ride

Don't know what ebike dealer you reference, @Brad Ersly but it is not common to 'shim out' disc brakes. Perhaps your box was mishandled by the transport company; We see that occasionally. Glad you found a local shop to help you with the setup; it probably would have saved you some headache had you chosen to send the bike directly to a shop and let them assemble it.

Ebikes are expensive to ship, so to have something pretty much ready to ride would cost $200+ due to the size and weight of the item.
Let's hear more about your great experience riding the Ocean Current and maybe a pic or two :)

Don't know what ebike dealer you reference, @Brad Ersly but it is not common to 'shim out' disc brakes. Perhaps your box was mishandled by the transport company; We see that occasionally. Glad you found a local shop to help you with the setup; it probably would have saved you some headache had you chosen to send the bike directly to a shop and let them assemble it.

Ebikes are expensive to ship, so to have something pretty much ready to ride would cost $200+ due to the size and weight of the item.
Let's hear more about your great experience riding the Ocean Current and maybe a pic or two :)

Go to the video review of the ocean current on EBR and you will see comments from one of their larger dealers. Box was fine a, no shipping issue, just initial set up issues that should have been better.We do not help companies by ignoring issues. With that said, I am a HUGE fan of Juiced bikes and look forward to spreading the word.

Hi! my best advice is to always read the reviews from real users. This is why Amazon provides them on each item. Also you get to know the real pros and cons about the product. Even if its the best option for you as you might prefer something like a Rad or a Stromer. That is why this forum is a great tool ( thanks Ann and EBR team!) that you can use.

Getting an ebike is an important investment, that is why we recommend visiting a local dealer, a regular bikeshop and even the mobile techs as professional assembly and maintenance will make a difference on your day to day. Theres also great youtube training videos and free Park tool training on lots of bikeshops. The more you know the better:)

I am looking at the Juiced Cross Current and I also called the dealer in Brooklyn. He told me the same thing, he's experiencing a 40% return rate due to problems. He also said that Juiced is no longer covering the warranty on the crank because of the problems.

He recommended a different bike, the Magnum Mi5, that's $300 more expensive. I was worried that he was trying to up-sell me, but from these comments, it seems there is a quality issue.

Regarding Ann's comment, please contact us if you see any shipping damage. We do our best to keep evolving packaging in our products but sometimes unexpected things happen.

Attachments

• IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,068
My friend was interested in getting an e bike. I showed him Court's review about the juiced bike. He contacted the 2 dealers Court mentioned in the review, the guy in Brooklyn, NY and the one in Verona NJ. Both said the same thing, that the bike was a good deal for the money, but that everyone who bought it returned it with lots of problems within a week or so. The problem with doing reviews they said is the after one is done, there doesn't seem to be any followup. I pointed out that there is this forum, and why wouldn't the dealer's contact Court and tell him about these problems? They might be busy, but shouldn't they follow up after these problems and at least contact the manufacture of any bike in question?
I don't know if this is helpful, but my friend wound up getting a different e bike.
Michael Trazoff
Hate to say it but this sounds like some very sketchy feedback- no specifics on problems - just lots of them eh?

I am looking at the Juiced Cross Current and I also called the dealer in Brooklyn. He told me the same thing, he's experiencing a 40% return rate due to problems. He also said that Juiced is no longer covering the warranty on the crank because of the problems.

He recommended a different bike, the Magnum Mi5, that's $300 more expensive. I was worried that he was trying to up-sell me, but from these comments, it seems there is a quality issue.
I find it very hard to believe that Juiced just stopped honoring warranty- highly doubtful-sounds like dealer nonsense to me.

@Brad Ersly, Juiced Bikes is a very reputable company and would not just stop honoring warranty. I will contact Juiced and suggest that @o-man do the same for more information. They are not hard to reach.

What you and these shops may not understand is that non-electric bike components sometimes are covered by a warranty from that particular manufacturer that is separate from the ebike warranty. For instance, a problem with a Shimano component may require contacting Shimano rather than the ebike manufacturer. That should be clearly spelled out in the warranty or known with a quick call or email to the ebike manufacturer.

Last edited:
@Brad Ersly, Juiced Bikes is a very reputable company and would not just stop honoring warranty. I will contact Juiced and suggest that @oman do the same for more information. They are not hard to reach.

What you and these shops may not understand is that non-electric bike components sometimes are covered by a warranty from that particular manufacturer that is separate from the ebike warranty. For instance, a problem with a Shimano component may require contacting Shimano rather than the ebike manufacturer. That should be clearly spelled out in the warranty or known with a quick call or email to the ebike manufacturer.

Well said, Juiced is a quality company that stands behind their product

Ann ,that may be, and I have dealt with talking to Magura for my Stromer brakes, but I f I just gave 2-7gs at any shop and it broke I dont want to go chasing some other place a week later. I am not picking on Juiced, I think they seem a like a great company but the idea for any of them to send me elsewhere just doesn't feel right if I gave my money to them less than a year ago. it would have taken more time for Magura to get a certain brake handle then Stromer (they couldnt' even give ma an ETA at the time) since it only worked on a Stromer brand and that model only too. Magura did a great job eventually I received upgraded brakes out of the deal but I was down for over 2 weeks in prime weather while under warranty. Stromer took care of me but I had to go to Magura 1st and then the upgrade

Opimax, it would not be for you to chase the other manufacturers, that's the responsibility of the dealer who sold you the bike. Sometimes the ebike manufacturer will have a handful of standard bike parts to facilitate the warranty issue but some component manufacturers are becoming much more strict on how warranty issues are dealt with.

I know of one case a few years ago when Avid had issues with one of their disc brake systems at installation and sent techs & reps to all of the different shops to fix the issue since it was systemic. That brake model does not exist any more! Perhaps this is what is happening with these cranks; I won't know the specifics until I speak with Juiced about this.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I visited the MI5 forum and there is very little feedback and no negative feedback about that bike. That leads me to believe that buyers there are more satisfied. Meanwhile, here, there's quite a bit of negative feedback on bike build quality.

That's a bummer because the technological aspects of the Cross Current seem to be a lot better than the competition, but the bike-quality issues are very concerning. Since I plan to commute on the bike, I need reliability.

The Brooklyn dealer said that he was telling me about these issues because if I encounter similar ones, they become his headache later as he tries to track down warranties, etc...

It would speculate their are very few MI5 bikes sold compared to even just the Cross Current model so it may not be a logical conclusion to draw..I have no facts to support this but a reasonable idea just based on internet reading.

Coming from a a reliable dealer is more substantial though

That's a bummer because the technological aspects of the Cross Current seem to be a lot better than the competition, but the bike-quality issues are very concerning. Since I plan to commute on the bike, I need reliability.

Honestly, even spending more money on an e-bike is no guarantee of reliability. Go look at the Stromer and Specialized forums and search for discussions about reliability for evidence of this. What it really comes down to is how your dealer is going to support you. I've had a few issues on my Cross Current which is pushing 6k miles. My dealer has been great at fixing my bike within a day and giving me a loaner bike when requested (much quicker service than I get on my more expensive road bikes.) Most 'serious' cyclists I know (the ones putting in big miles) have some sort of backup bike they can ride if their main bike goes down. If you are going to be commuting on your e-bike I would recommend having some sort of backup option. Even if that backup option is the realization that you have to take Uber or public transit for a few days.

Your dealer might not like doing warranty work but the picture they are painting of the Cross Current constantly breaking down is not really accurate IME.

The spec sheet for the new batch Cross Current S model lists an "off road mode" unlimited motor setting and "user configurable" speed settings in the LCD display. A (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) shot in China demonstrates >30mph performance, which falls outside both the federal CPSC and California 3-class e-bike definition, and is a motorcycle. Unless there is a VIN # an e-bike cannot be registered or insured as a motorcycle. Can a replacement display controller be sold without the off-road mode?

I had a rear spoke break on my CC last week. The dealer put in a temporary spoke in until arrangements can be made to remove and re-spoke the whole wheel. Unfortunately another broke the following day, so I've decided not to ride until the whole lot have been replaced.

My spokes have been replaced and I've had no issues with them breaking since its return. Unfortunately my rear wheel has started to squeak incessantly when the bike is in motion. Nothing obvious is causing the noise and when I was in the shop with it yesterday, the tech guy removed the break housing and ruled that out as a potential cause - Looks like the problem is deeper, so I'll be leaving the bike with the shop again for a few days while this is sorted - hopefully not weeks as with the spoke problem!!!

Last edited:
I had a rear spoke break on my CC last week. The dealer put in a temporary spoke in until arrangements can be made to remove and re-spoke the whole wheel. Unfortunately another broke the following day, so I've decided not to ride until the whole lot have been replaced.
Hi Andrew, did you have anymore problems after the wheel was re-spoked. I ask because I'am having the same problem on my new CC Air. My bike has broken 2 spokes in 3 weeks. The guy at my LBS was surprised that 12 gauge, steel spokes would break so easily. The only reason he could suggest was that the spokes are of low quality. He suggest re-spoke the wheel using better quality spokes. Spokes are not covered by the warranty so I'm about $150 out of pocket.

Last edited:
Back