Known Issues & Problems with Gazelle Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Gazelle as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Dear Sirs

Thank you for your support , please i faced issue in my gazalle electice bike , this issue in display controller.

We have in dashboard 3 lights , eco , normal and boast ,

I tried to to run power but light In( eco ) is switch on/off , can you tell me what is this issue ?

Thank you

Just love my Ultimate T10+ she is just beautiful and fast to 28 mph after which that beautiful bike gets heavy.
I have only ridden the new bike for less than 100 miles but I have changed two things which have significantly helped me adjust to the “Dutch Style” riding.
Changed the peddles too clipless, not road but SPD, two sided latches on what looks like a platform pedals – my feet are now in place and not moving about. The OEM pedals on the bike seemed okay but after removing them and feeling their substance I do not believe they would have lasted very long.
Secondly, I replaced the saddle with one of my old mnt bike saddles – so much more comfortable, to me, than the original saddle.
The next thing I am changing are the bar grips, I ordered new Ergon G5’s which will allow a little more lowering and stretching but still allowing upright “Dutch Style” riding when moving back onto the flat bar grips.

After first ride, completely stock.
51023961662_4848d6460b_c.jpg

Changed the peddles too clipless, not road but SPD, two sided latches on what looks like a platform pedals – my feet are now in place and not moving about.
"Pedals", please :)
FYI, Shimano clipless pedals are "SPD" both for road and MTB. The road variety is SPD-SL, while there are many models of MTB clipless pedals from Shimano and other brands.

As I respect your choice, you might be interested to learn that MTB platform pedals (ones equipped with pins) hold feet as firmly as the clipless ones, allow changing feet position when desired, and allow wearing casual shoes. Just saying :)

Still excited with your new ride!

😉 Pedals – so easy to write peddles but meaning pedals very strange word. – adaptor vs adapter is another weird word.
Yea it’s not just movement on the pedal but lifting as well – I always prefer walking in street shoes but bike shoes work so great biking, I have a Topeak trunk which I will carry spare shoes or sandals.
Which brings to a point: Anyone know where to find a “Topeak Omni Rail” adaptor?
I am still stoked over my new bike!

😉 Pedals – so easy to write peddles but meaning pedals very strange word. – adaptor vs adapter is another weird word.
Yea it’s not just movement on the pedal but lifting as well – I always prefer walking in street shoes but bike shoes work so great biking, I have a Topeak trunk which I will carry spare shoes or sandals.
Which brings to a point: Anyone know where to find a “Topeak Omni Rail” adaptor?
I bought it on Amazon, but out of stock. Try ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topeak-Gep...909306?hash=item547e4821ba:g:e-EAAOSwwlJeL1UC

I've had my Ultimate T10+ for 11 months. Consistent problems with the front brake hosing absorbing air. Finally identified as a bad / non-existent plug seal on the caliper. Beyond my technical ken, and the seller didn't pick it up at all. Luckily local Gazelle service location (E-bikery in Santa Barbara) wouldn't give up. Have to say Gazelle US HQ (Darrell) were extraordinary, overnighting parts and tools as needed. Minor issue, but serious impact, really pleased with Gazelle's response. No affiliation!

Wow glad they found the problem - for reference could you show us where the seal is supposed to be?

Here you go. I've had constant problems with the front brake. The air intake meant that the caliper never fully released, so the front pads were gone after 1200 miles and the resistance meant I never got a full range from the battery. When E-bikery drained the caliper from the bottom the seal popped out and fluid went everywhere! They really stuck at it - their mechanic is really sharp - and Gazelle were just great - immediate response when I said it was my daily rider. Couldn't ask for more.

Attachments

• seal.jpg
    seal.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 541
I too hunted for months. Finally nabbed one from blueskycycling.com. Delivered back in May. (Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.)

my new gazelle arroyo c8 hmb elite, had the bike for a week now, have ridden it a couple times now, overall verry happy except now it has developed a squeak with the battery i think its coming from where it locks into the frame. im sorry, not sure if i should be bothering posting this on here or not but since im not having any much luck googling the issue might as well try here

jared92: You might try loosening the two screws that hold the battery connector at the bottom of the frame battery opening (at least they are two there on our C8/C380). If they are loose you can move the connector/battery hold down plate and adjust the clearances of the battery with the frame and then tighten them in the adjusted position. That might be where the battery squeaks against the frame as it flexes. By the way, there is a nice spot under the battery connector plate to hide an Airtag in - we have them there in ours.

Motor whine: I purchased a Medeo T10 a week ago and put about 250kms over the past week. Wonderful bike, I truly love it. I took it to my dealer yesterday for it's break-in check up to have things checked out and to fix a clicking noise originating from the front break calliper and to align the rear fender a bit better. After the service, I took it home and noticed that the chain didn't appear to have been cleans at my service appt. so I cleaned and lubed the chain (Rock 'n Roll Gold). After sitting overnight, I rode it early this morning. Almost immediately I noticed the motor (Bosch Performance Gen 3 Cruise) was making a high pitched whine (this in addition to the regular noise the motor makes). The noise is quite high pitched and my wife was not able to hear it but I could. It definately sounds like it's coming from the motor and it stops when I stop peddling. Has anyone else experienced this?
Also, I'm a newbie to e-bikes. Is it okay to run the chain backwards in order to clean it - with the motor switch off of course?
Thanks in advance,
Marc, Van. BC

Motor whine: I purchased a Medeo T10 a week ago and put about 250kms over the past week. Wonderful bike, I truly love it. I took it to my dealer yesterday for it's break-in check up to have things checked out and to fix a clicking noise originating from the front break calliper and to align the rear fender a bit better. After the service, I took it home and noticed that the chain didn't appear to have been cleans at my service appt. so I cleaned and lubed the chain (Rock 'n Roll Gold). After sitting overnight, I rode it early this morning. Almost immediately I noticed the motor (Bosch Performance Gen 3 Cruise) was making a high pitched whine (this in addition to the regular noise the motor makes). The noise is quite high pitched and my wife was not able to hear it but I could. It definately sounds like it's coming from the motor and it stops when I stop peddling. Has anyone else experienced this?
Also, I'm a newbie to e-bikes. Is it okay to run the chain backwards in order to clean it - with the motor switch off of course?
Thanks in advance,
Marc, Van. BC
Turning the crank arms backward doesn't move the chain. I clean mine by clipping the chain cleaner thingie on "backwards" and pedaling forwards. I'm also using R&R Gold and have not noticed any unusual or different whine.

Thanks for mentioning your experience with R&R Gold. I just began using it and the jury is still out if it's better than what I used prior. My front brake is making a clicking noise with each tire revolution again - I took it for service last Friday to have it adjusted. I will probably pay the bike shop a another visit tomorrow and get things checked out.
Regarding the chain, with both my wife's bike (Trek) as well as my Medeo T10, turning the crank backwards does indeed move the chain. I believe this is because most current e-bikes use a direct drive which reduces parasitic power losses (as opposed to a reduction gear). I have seen YouTube videos where people place sticks of wood in one of the front crank spokes which then hits the crank arm which then engages the crank when peddling backwards but these are often Mtn. bikes and a few years older at that.
I may be fuzzy on the details but my chain definitely moves backwards like on a non-e-bike. I guess when I'm in the service shop, I will ask them. I don't think peddling backwards should hurt anything with the power off but I want to be certain the high pitched noise I'm hearing isn't some how a result of my fiddling with my new toy.
Cheers, Marc

Update from my last post: I checked with the bike shop and their mechanic confirmed that there is no chance of hurting the motor by peddling the chain backwards either with the motor turned off of left on.

Just love my Ultimate T10+ she is just beautiful and fast to 28 mph after which that beautiful bike gets heavy.
I have only ridden the new bike for less than 100 miles but I have changed two things which have significantly helped me adjust to the “Dutch Style” riding.
Changed the peddles too clipless, not road but SPD, two sided latches on what looks like a platform pedals – my feet are now in place and not moving about. The OEM pedals on the bike seemed okay but after removing them and feeling their substance I do not believe they would have lasted very long.
Secondly, I replaced the saddle with one of my old mnt bike saddles – so much more comfortable, to me, than the original saddle.
The next thing I am changing are the bar grips, I ordered new Ergon G5’s which will allow a little more lowering and stretching but still allowing upright “Dutch Style” riding when moving back onto the flat bar grips.

After first ride, completely stock.
51023961662_4848d6460b_c.jpg
That’s why manufacturers don’t spend a lot on pedals and seats.
Everyone has their favorites.

Back