Known Issues & Problems with Espin Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

My right/rear brake was always pretty weak, and now does basically nothing. Is this something I can tweak, or is this a bike shop, or also a "get a whole new brake kit" situation?
When my rear brake seemed soft, Espin paid for REI to bleed the system - after that, it was fine... I'll have to see what it's like after sitting a few months when we return to the east coast in March.

Has anyone had any luck finding pads to fit the original Sport hydraulic disc brakes? I found some on Amazon but not sure if they will fit.

When my rear brake seemed soft, Espin paid for REI to bleed the system - after that, it was fine... I'll have to see what it's like after sitting a few months when we return to the east coast in March.
Rear brake on Sport 2 just crapped out again. I wonder if this brake replacement would work? The first replacement came from Espin for 55 bucks and lasted 2 or 3 rides and now leaks like a siv-and it was replaced at LBS!!

Rear brake on Sport 2 just crapped out again. I wonder if this brake replacement would work? The first replacement came from Espin for 55 bucks and lasted 2 or 3 rides and now leaks like a siv-and it was replaced at LBS!!

The above is the brake that Espin recomendds for the Sport if I am not happy with Zoom. Zoom so far has failed twice. The Maguros look pricey and not easy to install on a DIY...

My sons/ wife’s sport needed a brake bleed recently when I did it the washer for the brake lever split. Does anyone know where to get the parts or even the exact model of brakes? Also the controller ( assist up/ down , off and on) split where it mounts to the bar . Anyone have to replace this part yet? Thanks

My sons/ wife’s sport needed a brake bleed recently when I did it the washer for the brake lever split. Does anyone know where to get the parts or even the exact model of brakes? Also the controller ( assist up/ down , off and on) split where it mounts to the bar . Anyone have to replace this part yet? Thanks
Have you emailed Espin? They've always been quick and helpful in their responses to me...

Have you emailed Espin? They've always been quick and helpful in their responses to me...
I emailed them on May 23rd. I received an email back saying that it would be passed on to "their mechanic" then they would get back to me but I haven't heard anything since. I realize it's not like buying a car but it would be nice if these companies could include a PDF with a parts list. Most of the bike shops around me don't want to touch them, there's an REI not too far maybe they do, like my ride1up 700 I wanted to get the rear wheel balanced and trued and no bike shop will touch it. I don't mind doing the work myself and I don't really want to have to replace the whole brake setup for no reason. Thanks

there's an REI not too far maybe they do
From my experience, REI will work on any bike, ebike or not, REI brand or not.

That's why I bought the membership there, much cheaper than my numerous LBS and mobile services for stuff like flats etc.

From my experience, REI will work on any bike, ebike or not, REI brand or not.

That's why I bought the membership there, much cheaper than my numerous LBS and mobile services for stuff like flats etc.
Thanks, maybe I'll check with them if I can bring my wheel in. I did it myself using the zip tie method but it would be nice if they have a wheel truing machine that can work on an e-bike hub motor. As for the espin Sport and the brake situation I don't really want to take it somewhere I just want to know where I can buy the right washer. I don't mind doing most of the work myself it's just having access to and knowing which parts to get which is annoying. Thanks

I emailed them on May 23rd. I received an email back saying that it would be passed on to "their mechanic" then they would get back to me but I haven't heard anything since. I realize it's not like buying a car but it would be nice if these companies could include a PDF with a parts list. Most of the bike shops around me don't want to touch them, there's an REI not too far maybe they do, like my ride1up 700 I wanted to get the rear wheel balanced and trued and no bike shop will touch it. I don't mind doing the work myself and I don't really want to have to replace the whole brake setup for no reason. Thanks
REI will work on your bike

My front brake just went out (press the lever and no squeeze).

REI guy thinks there is air in the hydraulic line and a bleed will fix it. We will see.

Because I don't have a car with a hitch anymore, I've been taking the front wheel off and loading it into the back of my car... the guy thinks this might be the issue because if you accidentally squeeze the brake and there is no tire, it could put air into the line (does anyone know if that's true?).

My front brake just went out (press the lever and no squeeze).

REI guy thinks there is air in the hydraulic line and a bleed will fix it. We will see.

Because I don't have a car with a hitch anymore, I've been taking the front wheel off and loading it into the back of my car... the guy thinks this might be the issue because if you accidentally squeeze the brake and there is no tire, it could put air into the line (does anyone know if that's true?).
Doesn't make any sense to me off the top of my head but I guess when the wheel comes off the disc / rotor comes out from between the calipers. I would imagine if you squeezed a lever then the Piston might overextend and possibly suck in air but I think it would have to pop out for that to happen. Actually bleeding is fairly simple I got a kid from Amazon in the mineral oil and watched a couple of YouTube videos.

Back