Kiox thief lock

Benni

My name is Saad and I would like to ask, if the kiox lock feature is avaible with Bosch performance line cx gen 2/3. My bike is born with the kiox display, and It is the riese and muller delite mountain rohloff 2019 model bike. I have read on bosch website that It is only the new versions, Is it correct or will the bike only need a software update?

I have a bike with a Gen3 Performance Line. After upgrading the Kiox software to v2 the lock feature worked fine ..... until I removed the bike battery to charge it. Now the lock feature is continually on and the motor won’t operate. I’m waiting on Bosch to get back to me but for now my recommendation is don’t use the lock until the bugs are sorted!

Hi mike have you managed to get this sorted I’ve got exactly the same issue and Bosch aren’t the quickest at getting back to me. I had my bike at leisure lakes for a week and still no joy. Thanks

Hi mike have you managed to get this sorted I’ve got exactly the same issue and Bosch aren’t the quickest at getting back to me. I had my bike at leisure lakes for a week and still no joy. Thanks

Not yet! The bike has been with my local dealer since Monday - no news as yet. A Bosch guy on these forums thinks it might be an issue with the cradle as I‘ve had connection issues from new.

Can I ask how the problem came about for you? Mine locked up after I‘d taken the battery out for the first time to charge it.

Not yet! The bike has been with my local dealer since Monday - no news as yet. A Bosch guy on these forums thinks it might be an issue with the cradle as I‘ve had connection issues from new.

Can I ask how the problem came about for you? Mine locked up after I‘d taken the battery out for the first time to charge it.

the exact same I did 1 ride then removed the battery to charge and refitted the battery and it didn't unlock, I tried deleting the app and re installing a number of times logging in with the original account details and it will not have it. Can I ask what device your using iPhone or android?

the exact same I did 1 ride then removed the battery to charge and refitted the battery and it didn't unlock, I tried deleting the app and re installing a number of times logging in with the original account details and it will not have it. Can I ask what device your using iPhone or android?
In an odd way that makes me feel better that it’s not just me - I share your frustration with this.

After trying the same as you I removed the Kiox from the app then set it up as a new unit. The lock symbol disappeared however it now says the battery is at zero charge (it isn’t) and the motor just doesn’t come on. The bike is less than 2 weeks old so I’ve left it with the dealer for them to sort out.
Is your bike new also and was that the first time you charged it?
What bike do you have? Mine‘s a Bergamont eVille.

I’m using the app on iPhone.

Good luck and please let me know of any developments

Mike

In an odd way that makes me feel better that it’s not just me - I share your frustration with this.

After trying the same as you I removed the Kiox from the app then set it up as a new unit. The lock symbol disappeared however it now says the battery is at zero charge (it isn’t) and the motor just doesn’t come on. The bike is less than 2 weeks old so I’ve left it with the dealer for them to sort out.
Is your bike new also and was that the first time you charged it?
What bike do you have? Mine‘s a Bergamont eVille.

I’m using the app on iPhone.

Good luck and please let me know of any developments

Mike
Hi mike

mines a focus jam 2 . I reftrofitted the kiox display and after 1 ride I charged the battery and re fitted it to the bike and that's when the lock feature wouldn't come of. What bike shop is yours in with?

Hi mike

mines a focus jam 2 . I reftrofitted the kiox display and after 1 ride I charged the battery and re fitted it to the bike and that's when the lock feature wouldn't come of. What bike shop is yours in with?
That’s really interesting- so presumably you used an original Bosch cradle? Mine’s an OEM unit fitted by the bike manufacturer that’s been a bit ‘hit and miss’ all along.
The bike is with WeCycle in Llandudno Junction who I bought it from. Not sure they know what to do with it though.....
I’ll leave it till Monday then will chase them.
Mike

I strongly recommend that you bring this to the attention of the Bosch service techs who frequent the Bosch subforum.

if a moderator can move this thread, even better!

@Angela M.

Yeah it's the original Bosch fitting cradle I've raised this with Bosch e bike Uk and they're looking into it. I've had it at leisure lakes but picked it up yesterday because they said there was nothing further they could do. I've tried adding it to a android device and removing the lock feature that way all I get is an error message saying the motor must be locked by another user

Yeah it's the original Bosch fitting cradle I've raised this with Bosch e bike Uk and they're looking into it. I've had it at leisure lakes but picked it up yesterday because they said there was nothing further they could do. I've tried adding it to a android device and removing the lock feature that way all I get is an error message saying the motor must be locked by another user

My understanding is that the Kiox creates a link to the original phone and forms a 'keychain' to lock/unlock the motor. Without both parts of that keychain the bike won't unlock. If I'm correct, then it will only work with the original phone that locked it.

Looks like mine is sorted - I had a call to go to the workshop earlier. I'm not 100% certain what software tricks they've pulled, but am fairly certain it's involved Bosch, however the big thing is they've replaced the battery as they reckon the original was completely dead (just over a week old). The technician was unable to unlock it using his phone, however once we re-paired the Kiox to my iPhone, the motor made the double bleep and I was able to unlock it in the app. I'm picking the bike up tomorrow but for now it's looking good.

Not sure if that'll be any help for you - hope you manage to make some headway with it though.

If you check my other thread on the Bosch forum there are a couple of US Bosch techies there (Stephen and William) who are quite helpful.

Mike

Hi mike

that's good news, I've tried many times with the original phone but getting no where fast. If you wouldn't mind could you ask the bike shop exactly what they did for me please. I would even drive down with the bike to that shop and pay them to sort it I'm that desperate. Thanks mate

I know the techie Is off over this weekend so I’ll PM you their details as it might be best if you speak to them direct?

Back