Kiox Heart Rate Monitors

drodg

I have a Trek Domane HP with the Kiox/Bosch system and I think I want to start using a heart rate monitor. What are you folks using and how hard is it to set up? Thanks

this is the best one https://www.amazon.com/Polar-Heart-...&qid=1631727932&sprefix=polar+,aps,237&sr=8-3
it connects faster and I find it a lot more accurate then the optical versions. I was using the wahoo tickr but it was having issues. I have not tried the polar on the Kiox as I upgraded since then but I found you had to turn the kiox on first then the HRM so it may be the same with the polar so keep that in mind. now the Nyons are jsut the oppisite they wont conenct unless the Hrm is turned on first.
Kiox supports the following devices: Polar H7 Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor Wahoo TICKR Heart Rate Monitor BerryKing Heartbeat chest strap or BerryKing HeartRate Sportbeat arm band.

I was looking at that same one but wanted feedback thanks so much!
I had a garmin chest and it worked for a few rides on the kiox then not so I had to go to the tickr. I like something on my arm better but they have their own issues. the strap on the tickr comes lose easily I had the optical polar and it was better but it only goes maybe 7 hours. but i noticed that for the first several minutes on my ride it will just stay at where it starts mostly. so chest strap it is. you can save money on the

POLAR H9 Heart Rate Sensor I thin kthe only difference is it will only hook up to one bluetooth device.​

I foudn I had to disconect the others from my phone for the nyon to connect to them. but the 10 I can hooked to my phone too.

@fooferdoggie: Steve, I cannot try it on a Bosch e-bike but I use Polar OH-1 HR armband monitor and that's just fantastic! (It works with my Specialized e-bikes).

The OH-1 works well with my Bosch Nyon 2021. Not with the original Nyon. I can also use my Garmin Fenix 6 Saphire with the heartrate broadcast app on the Nyon.

@fooferdoggie: Steve, I cannot try it on a Bosch e-bike but I use Polar OH-1 HR armband monitor and that's just fantastic! (It works with my Specialized e-bikes).
I have had issues with it. maybe as it gets colder? but the polar chest really does better it responds far faster and will show the rise of my HR the optical ones would take a bit to keep up and get going. that was both the tickr and the polar optical. optical getting long sleeves over them can be a pain too. p0lus charging the polar was a pain too too easy to lose the little adapter plus I had to charge it 2 or three times a week.

The OH-1 works well with my Bosch Nyon 2021. Not with the original Nyon. I can also use my Garmin Fenix 6 Saphire with the heartrate broadcast app on the Nyon.
ya it did ok but sometimes it would not connect and I had to turn bluetooth on and off or remove it and find it again. but it seem the polar 10 really connects better for the old and new and I can have it connected to my phone too and it costs less now that it is getting cold trying to get long sleeves over the arm ones is more of a pain.

I don't know if my wackiness is normal with the opitcals. but both the tickr and the polar would not really read right by the time I was up the 1 to two block slopes I go up. when the chest one has the steady rise you would expect. it may be not having a perfect position. I tired wearing the tickr on my wrist and it would randomly got to 150 or so when it should be around 90. I would rather wear a rm one it is easier to put on and take off. but hte polar chest has a clip so its easier then when you have to put on over your head like the garmin. when I got the chest hrm I put the polar optical on and had one on my nyon and one on my garmin. though overall the average was about 8bpm the difference in readings and speed was pretty dramatic. I ride in the city so lots of starts and stops. the check hrm keeps up the optical is always slower to keep up with the changes.

Btw I got the Polar H10 heart rate monitor and used it tonight for my first ride on my Trek Domane HP and it worked great. Nice to be able to look at my average heart rate over my ride. I really appreciate the input. Thanks

I use the Polar OH1. Easier to wear; to the same outcome.
the chest one seems to jsut be more reliable in connecting. plus its more accurate. the optical ones would never keep up with my small climbs. they would not raise much till I was past the hill. Plus in winter they can be scraped off with clothing.

I like with the Kiox that after the ride it showed my average HR and show a graph of the different levels over the course of the ride.

the chest one seems to jsut be more reliable in connecting. plus its more accurate. the optical ones would never keep up with my small climbs. they would not raise much till I was past the hill. Plus in winter they can be scraped off with clothing.
Did you try the OH-1?
I might need a chest HR monitor if I were a competing cyclist.

Btw I bought the chest H10 and felt it was a tad uncomfortable at first but after my wife helping me adjust it I didn't notice I was wearing it on my ride last evening.

Did you try the OH-1?
I might need a chest HR monitor if I were a competing cyclist.
yep and the wahoo tickr they both lag a lot on short hills and both had their own little glitches. but they would come loose with long sleeves. the the polar optical battery life kinda sucks and its more of a paint charge.

Btw I bought the chest H10 and felt it was a tad uncomfortable at first but after my wife helping me adjust it I didn't notice I was wearing it on my ride last evening.
ya thats my complaint. its ok now while riding I tired wearing it at work between my commutes and sometimes its just too annoying. but that was the same with the garmin.

yep and the wahoo tickr they both lag a lot on short hills and both had their own little glitches. but they would come loose with long sleeves. the the polar optical battery life kinda sucks and its more of a paint charge.
It seems we have worn two different Polar OH-1 :)

1633531112597.png

Wearing Polar OH-1 with long sleeves (left forearm). Nothing came loose :)

1633531673565.png

HR vs distance ridden as measured by Polar OH1 over a 107 km ride.

1633532110211.png

The workout data in Strava

Don't you think Steve there is a progress with anything? I hated the thought of securing a chest strap myself (I am single now), and with the complication the strap would create prior to my any longer ride... OH1 met my requirements totally. I experienced no glitches, and the battery life has been far longer than I stay outdoor on my rides. (It decidedly worked longer than 8 hours gross ride time on one of my recent trips -- 110 km -- just checked).

It seems we have worn two different Polar OH-1 :)

View attachment 102444
Wearing Polar OH-1 with long sleeves (left forearm). Nothing came loose :)

View attachment 102445
HR vs distance ridden as measured by Polar OH1 over a 107 km ride.

View attachment 102446
The workout data in Strava

Don't you think Steve there is a progress with anything? I hated the thought of securing a chest strap myself (I am single now), and with the complication the strap would create prior to my any longer ride... OH1 met my requirements totally. I experienced no glitches, and the battery life has been far longer than I stay outdoor on my rides. (It decidedly worked longer than 8 hours gross ride time on one of my recent trips -- 110 km -- just checked).
Good solid ride.

Back