KENDA KWICK700 700x45C K1052

ngg

Region
Europe
I didn't find anything about that tire anywhere. These are tires specially made for Orbea. In appearance, the closest is Kenda KWICK Nine, which is not available in a format smaller than 700x50C. So I can't get data on the weight of the tire and its properties.

From experience - I did not have a puncture, it seems to me that the sides are sensitive, when they roll then they continue to roll slightly. Some strength needs to roll them. And that’s my main problem since I live in a hilly area.

Since I don’t have any data, I don’t know how much with some other tires I can get compared to these. Any suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• 700x45C K1052.jpg
    700x45C K1052.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 259
  • KWICK 700.jpg
    KWICK 700.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 253
There are plethora of tires from other manufacturers that would successfully replace yours. Please check a number next to 700x45c. Is it 45-622, or is the first number sligthly different?

What terrain do you typically ride? Is your preference low rolling resistance or road grip or off-road grip or tyre longevity or puncture protection? What is the model of your Orbea?

I’m looking for something that would speed up with less energy.

Existing tires have a very good grip, rolling when they roll once also, puncture resistance as well.

As I don't have data for existing tires, I can only try them out - which is neither the wisest nor the cheapest. So I try to get better tires through the experiences of the forum members.

So, I'm looking for better tires in the format, 622x (from 38 to 45), mostly for the city / road? Other parameters (me, bike, road, ...) are fixed (irrelevant).

There are too many tyres to choose from but if you look for lightweight and really fast rolling ones, Schwalbe Marathon Racer 40-622 is a very good choice.
Well, I own a pair of Specialized Nimbus Sport 38-622 tyres that are excellent for fast city/road rides but I replaced them with ones better suited for light off-road/gravel.

I went to another yard and watched slick gravel tires. Do you know any of this with good road grip, good puncture resistance and durability (holy grail ;)).

I went to another yard and watched slick gravel tires. Do you know any of this with good road grip, good puncture resistance and durability (holy grail ;)).
Look for Schwalbe G-Ones. These are the Holy Grail of gravel cyclists. Still, G-Ones come in many flavours: look for the most slick ones :D

Reactions: ngg
The question remains - what and how much will I gain with these tires, and what and how much will I lose?

Of course we can't know that until we know nothing about the KENDA KWICK700 - because we simply can't compare. So we are still on the method of trial and error - which is neither reasonable nor cheap. And all this with such a strong forum!

BTW: Watching Challenge Strada Bianca PRO (40-622), Donnelly Strada USH WC (40-622) and Panaracer GravelKing SS (40-622). Maybe Challenge Strada Bianca PRO (36-622) for the rear wheel and Donnelly Strada USH WC (40-622) for the front wheel. I would get a little more traction at the front and speed and comfort at the rear.

And what about WTB with their Riddlers?
You are going a too sophisticated way for the start, ngg :) Did you consider the fact different width tyres also have different height?

Last edited:
Reactions: ngg
Stefan, we’re sophisticated guys because we ride sophisticated bikes - so we need to think sophisticated. 😉
I still didn't hear from you what Orbea you were riding?
I asked a friend who is an experienced gravel cyclist for some advice. His answer was: "Don't let yourself be gear oriented, as it is obscuring the principal aim, which is riding. I chose the most basic version of Schwalbe G-one Allround 40-622 for this year. I will replace them with something else next year when the current tyres get worn". He made 6200 km this year on his traditional gravel bike, and it is counting. Another friend, a female, started recording her bike rides on Strava in mid-June 2021. She bought her first gravel bike in September, and her 2021 recorded mileage has been 5770 km (for last seven months)! She rides stock WTB Riddler Comp Tan 37-622 on her gravel bike.

If you, however, are technology driven, here is a good review:

I didn't find anything about that tire anywhere. These are tires specially made for Orbea. In appearance, the closest is Kenda KWICK Nine, which is not available in a format smaller than 700x50C. So I can't get data on the weight of the tire and its properties.

From experience - I did not have a puncture, it seems to me that the sides are sensitive, when they roll then they continue to roll slightly. Some strength needs to roll them. And that’s my main problem since I live in a hilly area.

Since I don’t have any data, I don’t know how much with some other tires I can get compared to these. Any suggestions are welcome.
Hi @ngg
Just came across this thread while searching google for Orbea Vibe tyres.
You may have already found this but thought of sharing it anyway - https://bicycle.kendatire.com/en-us/find-a-tire/bicycle/city-trekking/kwick-seven5-sport
Did you end up replacing the tyres? If so, which ones?
Cheers

Hi @ngg
Just came across this thread while searching google for Orbea Vibe tyres.
You may have already found this but thought of sharing it anyway - https://bicycle.kendatire.com/en-us/find-a-tire/bicycle/city-trekking/kwick-seven5-sport
Did you end up replacing the tyres? If so, which ones?
Cheers
Just yesterday I had a chance to try out some tires ... and I think I'll stay on them.

But first let me repeat the reasons for changing tires and the expectations from new tires.

I ride my bike on a hard surface, mostly paved and some on unpaved, so I need tires that support higher pressure. Tubeless are not the most suitable for such conditions.

The main reason for changing the tires was the feeling that Kenda was a bit slower in accelerating and overcoming the climb. Secondarily, at higher pressures (BTW. Kemda does not support pressur greater than 4.2 bar or 60PSI) tires bounce over bumps in the road, which slows down the ride and makes it uncomfortable.

The expectations from the new tires are: easier acceleration and overcoming of uphills, and if possible to be more supple (comfortable) at higher pressures.

Yesterday's opportunity was Panaracer Pasela tires in wire version. Pasela has been produced for a very, very long time. The latest version from 2021 is the largest so far, 700x38c, and it also received the latest enhanced puncture protection, ProTite.

Installing the first tire was a bit difficult (I even destroyed one of the innertube). I was already an expert on the second tire. Pasela tires fit very nicely on the rims.

I went to try it, rode my bike over 40 km and concluded:
- Increased comfort is obvious, moreover at a pressure of 5.5 bar or 80 PSI
- significantly faster acceleration and easier rolling, about 30%
- battery consumption about 30% lower than before
- motor use is shorter even at lower levels of assistance
- the tires do not make any noise at all

I tried them and I didn't want to take them off. I'll keep them.

UPDATE: Today I did another 40 kilometers on the terrain with more uphills and with bigger uphills. The impression is definitely the same, only the differences are a bit smaller. According to readings from Mahle's application, the differences are about 20% in favor of Pasela.

However, let’s face it, Kenda isn’t bad at all! Pasela only accelerates faster, rolls easier and is more supple.

Attachments

• 20220223_112422.jpg
    20220223_112422.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 212
  • 20220223_104234.jpg
    20220223_104234.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Just yesterday I had a chance to try out some tires ... and I think I'll stay on them.

But first let me repeat the reasons for changing tires and the expectations from new tires.

I ride my bike on a hard surface, mostly paved and some on unpaved, so I need tires that support higher pressure. Tubeless are not the most suitable for such conditions.

The main reason for changing the tires was the feeling that Kenda was a bit slower in accelerating and overcoming the climb. Secondarily, at higher pressures (BTW. Kemda does not support pressur greater than 4.2 bar or 60PSI) tires bounce over bumps in the road, which slows down the ride and makes it uncomfortable.

The expectations from the new tires are: easier acceleration and overcoming of uphills, and if possible to be more supple (comfortable) at higher pressures.

Yesterday's opportunity was Panaracer Pasela tires in wire version. Pasela has been produced for a very, very long time. The latest version from 2021 is the largest so far, 700x38c, and it also received the latest enhanced puncture protection, ProTite.

Installing the first tire was a bit difficult (I even destroyed one of the innertube). I was already an expert on the second tire. Pasela tires fit very nicely on the rims.

I went to try it, rode my bike over 40 km and concluded:
- Increased comfort is obvious, moreover at a pressure of 5.5 bar or 80 PSI
- significantly faster acceleration and easier rolling, about 30%
- battery consumption about 30% lower than before
- motor use is shorter even at lower levels of assistance
- the tires do not make any noise at all

I tried them and I didn't want to take them off. I'll keep them.

UPDATE: Today I did another 40 kilometers on the terrain with more uphills and with bigger uphills. The impression is definitely the same, only the differences are a bit smaller. According to readings from Mahle's application, the differences are about 20% in favor of Pasela.

However, let’s face it, Kenda isn’t bad at all! Pasela only accelerates faster, rolls easier and is more supple.
Pasela look nice with tan walls. Can you share more details on tyre specs or a website? Only one I can find in Australia are these https://www.probikekit.com.au/bicycle-tyres/panaracer-pasela-pt-clincher-road-tyre/11567300.html.
I have noticed that some tyres are marketed to be compatible with e-bikes for up to certain speeds. What about Pasela?
Thanks

Pasela look nice with tan walls. Can you share more details on tyre specs or a website? Only one I can find in Australia are these https://www.probikekit.com.au/bicycle-tyres/panaracer-pasela-pt-clincher-road-tyre/11567300.html.
I have noticed that some tyres are marketed to be compatible with e-bikes for up to certain speeds. What about Pasela?
Thanks

I gave up gravel tires, as they are mainly intended for tubeless use at low pressures and have low levels of protection against punctures. Remaining to choose from are Tour / E-Bike tires, as classified by BRR.

I picked up the most useful information about Pasela (ProTite) from BRR.
Several tires had better (lower) rolling resistance. But these tires are either no longer produced (Voyager Hyper), or have been modified (Marathon Almotion and Supreme OneStar Compound) so they are no longer so good, or have low levels of puncture protection (Bon Jon Pass), or are simply too narrow for city / touring rides (Grand Prix Urban). The best of the rest was Pasela PT! Pasela PT has decent prices, has decent protection against punctures, and is the lightest, rolls best and most supple of all the remaining tires. My dealer only had a wire version, which does not lag behind the folding version in quality, and it stands firmer on the rim.

As for e-bike / non-e-bike tires, I stuck to the conclusions I came to through two great articles. The first one is a conversation with two of the largest manufacturers of bicycle tires, and the second one is about "road tubeless" problems. In short:
- For e-25 kph bikes, practically all tires that use regular bikes can be used.
- For tubeless, a maximum pressure of 60 PSI (4 bar) is strongly recommended.
- If you ride on the road and need more than 60 psi, use inner tubes. Regardless of the brand of tires to avoid blowing off the rims.

Last edited:
Back