K1 Flash - set Bafang CAN motor parameters (speed limit, circumference, power adjustments...), simple Firmware flash and Calibration

K1eBikes

Region
Europe
K1 Flash Banner.jpg

Dear Bafang fans

Would you like to set or tune motor controller parameters? K1 Flash is compatible with all Bafang CAN bus motors (5 pin connector with "house" shape).
Also can download motor firmware for M500, M510 and M600 motors and run Calibration.

Ocean&Yellow.jpg

Simple as 1, 2 ,3 ...

1. Insert included SD card (with set of firmwares - cca 50 firmwares)
2. Power up K1 Flash (over USB-C cable from your mobile, power bank, charger ...)
3. Connect to your CAN motor - steady green LED light means all set and you can unplug device
In a minute your motor is flashed and parameters set according setup text file on SD card.

More info, pictures, video and ordering info at this google forms page:
https://forms.gle/dRUUj4swGB9aTmfs6
- will be updated soon, also some operation videos.

K1 Flash na ebay.jpg

Tested on M500, M600 rev.A and B, M510 FC1.0 and FC2.0 and M620 CAN so far. Should be working also with
M300 and M420 as there is same bin file type. In the future also support for M630, M560.
Speed unlock, circumference, wheel supported by all Bafang CAN motors, including CAN hub motors.

K1 Flash Lite (no firmware flash function) starting from 130 Eur including shipping.

Yellow + SD card.jpg

Connecting K1 Flash diagram.jpg

SD card file list.JPGAutoSet.jpg

If you would like to support my work and future electronics visit Patreon page:

K1 eBikes & Smart IoT Gadgets | Creating Ebike electronics, high-end and powerful ebikes | Patreon

www.patreon.com
www.patreon.com

Attachments

• Ocean&Yellow2.jpg
    Ocean&Yellow2.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20230620_010914.jpg
    IMG_20230620_010914.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Dear Bafang fans

Would you like to set or tune motor controller parameters? K1 Flash is compatible with all Bafang CAN bus motors (5 pin connector with "house" shape).
Also can download motor firmware for M500, M510 and M600 motors and run Calibration.

Tested on M500, M600 rev.A and B, M510 FC1.0 and FC2.0 so far. In the future also support for M620, M630, M560, M420, M300.
Speed unlock, circumference, wheel supported by all Bafang CAN motors, including CAN hub motors.

K1 Flash Lite starting from 130 Eur including shipping.
Maybe I'm missing something. Not seeing the big deal here. This ability has been around a while now....

What might help make it a bigger deal is more info, with some specifics regarding "included SD card (with set of firmwares - cca 50 firmwares".
What exactly can one expect with each of these "firmwares" as compared to OEM programing?

Did you go through the google forms link? There is explained everything.

And advantages:
- No need to get BESST, passwords to Besst (which expiring), no need to connect to computer and u can flash firmware and set parameters even on a street or during ride when u searching your power setup.
- No need to search for a firmwares on forums. Time is money.
- Simple firmware flash also for non skilled people - just insert included SD card, power up K1 Flash over USB-C and connect CAN connector - device will automatically select firmware from card according the motor type.
- You can set speed limits as u want. With Besst it is now disabled - I can set only 27kmh over Besst. Also other advanced power parameters (M510, M560)
- Calibration run - when u replaced controller.
- Also great for ebike shops - you can flash firmware, set config parameters and run Calibration in one go. You are done in one minute. You can have more SD cards for different motors and setups.

Not gonna explaining you differences between firmwares. There is a lot of differences in behaviour and setup.

If you wanna criticise, and you think no big deal here, just leave it and buy BESST.

Last edited:
And also second device: K1 BlackBox3.

BB3 ebay2.jpg

Device which can be cabled permanently on an ebike and you can switch between speed limits any time by holding Plus button. Also to set all other possible parameters.
Or you can set controller parameters and deinstall BB3 from ebike.
Waterproof and no need external power.

More info, pictures, video, tips and ordering on this google form page:

Attachments

• BB3 Screens.jpg
    BB3 Screens.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130
  • 4xBB3 colored.jpg
    4xBB3 colored.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Connecting K1 BB3 diagram.jpg
    Connecting K1 BB3 diagram.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Colored BB3 2.jpg
    Colored BB3 2.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 114
  • BB3 + new display.jpg
    BB3 + new display.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 116
  • BB3 in Hand SR.jpg
    BB3 in Hand SR.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 113
Maybe I'm missing something. Not seeing the big deal here. This ability has been around a while now....

What might help make it a bigger deal is more info, with some specifics regarding "included SD card (with set of firmwares - cca 50 firmwares".
What exactly can one expect with each of these "firmwares" as compared to OEM programing?
I wasn't aware that the ability to change more than tire size and max speed was easily accessed by end users.
This seems to allow for a lot more.

There is this abbility for a year now. So far only M510 is supporting it and already saw one Bafang HUB CAN controller which was also able to set power levels. In the near future also M560 and M630 wil suport this.

And all Bafang users are waiting for Bafang Go App, where this power levels should be also adjustable over BT. Just it is taking too long for Bafang - their app is a crap. ;)

I wasn't aware that the ability to change more than tire size and max speed was easily accessed by end users.
This seems to allow for a lot more.
Like what? What are you seeing? The ability to install firmware with unknown changes?

I'm failing to see the need for this tool OR the BEST tool.

Like what? What are you seeing? The ability to install firmware with unknown changes?

I'm failing to see the need for this tool OR the BEST tool.
I was going by the parameters seen in this screenshot.
Screenshot_20230607-125825_Chrome.jpg
Not saying anything more than interesting and there seems to be some progress in cracking CANBUS

I was going by the parameters seen in this screenshot.
View attachment 155439
Not saying anything more than interesting and there seems to be some progress in cracking CANBUS
I'll give you "interesting" without argument. It would appear though, that this work applies to just the M510. Don't get me wrong here. You know I'm all for development. I just don't care for folks making/selling vague claims.

Now supported also M620 CAN firmware update. And should be working also with M300 and M420 (same bin file type).

Back