Just ordered a Hydra power questions

If you have the X-1 controller, then learn to love it :) If not, then check your plugs to the display (round is UART, House Shaped is CANBUS, you have to unplug it to see the shape), If you have the UART, then buy a bafang programming cable and get to work. Leave it alone if you have the X-1 (it will also have a round connector).

Last edited:
Upgrading to the X1 is a no brainer if you are buying a bike from them since you won't have to swap out your motor like everyone else. The upgrade cost should be trivial as they are making their profit on the rest of the bike. Would be incredibly stupid a huge mistake to opt for the stock controller

I did indeed get the X1 it's direct from wattwagon
Motor: Bafang Ultra with X1 controller, Class 3 programmable, 2000W Nominal
Battery: 48V, 880Wh, 18650 cells
Real World Range: 30-55 miles per charge
Torque: 120-230Nm
Charger: 3A
Display: Bafang DPC 18

Use and enjoy it with good health. Don't worry about a bad purchase. It's better than stock, and you already have it 👍

Use and enjoy it with good health. Don't worry about a bad purchase. It's better than stock, and you already have it 👍
Wasn't too worried about bad purchase just don't wanna have the bike take off and kill myself after recovering from a bad humerus break lol , but it sounds like I don't gotta worry to much about that

Honestly, I'd be fine with a stock controller, if it put out 1000W.
The only time I've used the 'sport' setting on my Hydra is when I wanted to see how fast I could get the bike to go (I was able to hit 40mph without too much effort)
99% of my riding (old guy on easy trails) is in the 5 eco modes. I find riding at slow speeds in 'sport' mode to be a bit intimidating.

The only time I've used the 'sport' setting on my Hydra is when I wanted to see how fast I could get the bike to go (I was able to hit 40mph without too much effort)
99% of my riding (old guy on easy trails) is in the 5 eco modes. I find riding at slow speeds in 'sport' mode to be a bit intimidating.
I imagine that's how I'll ride aswell. How is the throttle on those modes ? Is it jumpy or pretty smooth and tameable

In sport mode I found it to be jumpy. It's much smoother in the eco modes.
I'm having a hard time registering with Archon X1. I've contacted Pushkar and he's having difficulty getting a response from Archon too.
When I finally get registered and can reset the power parameters I'll be able to adjust the power levels in the power modes to suit the way I ride.

In sport mode I found it to be jumpy. It's much smoother in the eco modes.
I'm having a hard time registering with Archon X1. I've contacted Pushkar and he's having difficulty getting a response from Archon too.
When I finally get registered and can reset the power parameters I'll be able to adjust the power levels in the power modes to suit the way I ride.
How long have you been trying ? That's my fear aswell . I wanted to start the process early but was told I need to have the bike delivered first

I originally registered way back in August, but I must have messed up on the password, because I couldn't sign in. Pushkar recommended that I re-register after he got Archon to delete my original registration. Unfortunately, Pushkar has not been able to contact Archon for a couple of weeks.

Too much opinions on here .
Throttle on the WW hydra is all or none.
Archon or innotrace.
Anyway to tune the throttle to be more like a ramp up like a car pedal ? I've not heard of any ebike throttles doing that but it would be nice I feel like

I actually like the throttle on my Hydra. It's very linear and useful. The same throttle on my UC Pro is not as friendly as my Hydra's throttle. No idea why there's a difference.

I assume you meant to say you'd be fine with the stock X1 controller because I'm not sure you can tune the stock Bafang to be as smooth or efficient. Night and day difference for me after upgrading to the X1 although I never bothered to tune the stock controller. X1 is not so much about power as it is refinement. The stock X1 pogramming is just fine IMO. As you note, Eco 5 is plenty poweful, no need to use Sport. Sport 1-5 is basically Eco 6-10 and feels more like cadence sensing than torque sensing. Even if I couldn't progam my X1 I'd take it any day over the stock Bafang controller. I doubt you could program the latter anywhere near as smooth.

I assume you meant to say you'd be fine with the stock X1 controller because I'm not sure you can tune the stock Bafang to be as smooth or efficient. Night and day difference for me after upgrading to the X1 although I never bothered to tune the stock controller. X1 is not so much about power as it is refinement. The stock X1 pogramming is just fine IMO. As you note, Eco 5 is plenty poweful, no need to use Sport. Sport 1-5 is basically Eco 6-10 and feels more like cadence sensing than torque sensing. Even if I couldn't progam my X1 I'd take it any day over the stock Bafang controller. I doubt you could program the latter anywhere near as smooth.
That's great to hear ! So the eco mode 1-5 feels like smooth torque sensing then I'm grasping ?

I'd say in the ball park of my Yamaha PW mid drive. Feels like more a blend of torque and cadence sensing as you get up to speed, but I kind of prefer that as there is less fade in/out.

I'd say in the ball park of my Yamaha PW mid drive. Feels like more a blend of torque and cadence sensing as you get up to speed, but I kind of prefer that as there is less fade in/out.
What kind of mileage you getting out of a battery on typical use ?

Back