Weird loss of pedal assist and throttle

Bikester

Region
Europe
I have M620 with Archon X1. I encountered weid loss of pedal assistance and also throttle stopped working. Power remained on, display was on and volts were in the area of 50-51V. Speedometer also kept working as I pedaled without assistance.
I managed to get everything back to normal just by shutting bike down and restarting from power button. Since this happened, I have driven maybe 50km without faults.
Anyone having similar issues? I have read few older threads with loss of power symptoms, but not similar as this one. Everything electrical in this bike is brand new except the controller has been driven maybe 1000 km. I have built this bike myself, and I am sure no loose connectors in wiring system.

Perhaps a brake sensor engaged, by accident? I recently repaired a 20 year old ebike. The brake sensors were dirty and malaligned, causing the motor to NOT engage.

If it were me, I would unplug the brake sensors and set up an ohm meter toward the sensor. Then I would engage, and disengage, the sensor repeatedly. If one of the sensors were sticking, you’d see it on your meter.

Perhaps a brake sensor engaged, by accident? I recently repaired a 20 year old ebike. The brake sensors were dirty and malaligned, causing the motor to NOT engage.

If it were me, I would unplug the brake sensors and set up an ohm meter toward the sensor. Then I would engage, and disengage, the sensor repeatedly. If one of the sensors were sticking, you’d see it on your meter.
That sounds plausible, and would indeed cause both pedal assistance and throttle to not work. Brakes are brand new Magura MT5e so no dirt involved anywhere. I have never had any problem with even older MT5e sensors, but anything is possible.. If it happens again, I will try to fiddle with brakes before I turn power on/off. And maybe test with ohm meter too.

I've had a similar experience with my UC Pro. Occasionally, while riding in level one the power level drops to zero, but the motor is still on and the display still works. It's like I shifted the power level down to '0' off. Turning the motor off and then back on cures the problem, but it often takes a couple of tries. What's perplexing is it only happens once in a while.
It's also happened on my Hydra, which doesn't have brake sensors.

That sounds plausible, and would indeed cause both pedal assistance and throttle to not work. Brakes are brand new Magura MT5e so no dirt involved anywhere. I have never had any problem with even older MT5e sensors, but anything is possible.. If it happens again, I will try to fiddle with brakes before I turn power on/off. And maybe test with ohm meter too.
You don't fiddle with the brakes, it's a microswitch up inside the brake handle mount that gets stuck.

@rich c
@Slaphappygamer
Yes, I know that microswitch is in the lever. Levers are part of the brakes, thus I am going to fiddle the brakes. (Maybe using the term "brakes" was not the best here, but yea I know how to proceed from here. But thank you for your help.)

Back