Just died. Doesn't turn on. No power. No screen - Broke AGAIN

ACF50 and Boeshield are both used in commercial aircraft and avionics. FAR superior to WD or contact cleaners. I can't imagine why it would take weeks to buy either.
That was just the delivery time from Amazon. I didn't look other than the provided link. Thanks. I'll still pick up a can.

Is there a fuse in the battery pack?
Sort of. It is a type of little yellow variable thermo-coupling by the charge port that cuts power as the battery at that spot gets hotter and automatically resets as it cools down to operating temperature. Kind of like a thermostat in a house.

Mystery continues. Today it started up. I was able to take it for a ride, so long as I stayed within pushing distance of home. I took it over some bumps, dips, etc and through all the gears/assist levels and throttle. It was like nothing every happened. Got it home and tried it again. It's started 4 times in a row. The bumps tell me it's not a loose connection. I jarred it way harder than I normally would have. Once it's on it seems fine. Seems to have to do with turning it on, which is taking me back to the remote.

Himiway says they will send me BOTH the controller and the display/remote units to try. In the meantime, I'll try my regular ride tomorrow and just make sure I don't turn it off 8 miles, downhill from home. I'm so confused. I'll keep you posted.

Mystery continues. Today it started up. I was able to take it for a ride, so long as I stayed within pushing distance of home. I took it over some bumps, dips, etc and through all the gears/assist levels and throttle. It was like nothing every happened. Got it home and tried it again. It's started 4 times in a row. The bumps tell me it's not a loose connection. I jarred it way harder than I normally would have. Once it's on it seems fine. Seems to have to do with turning it on, which is taking me back to the remote.

Himiway says they will send me BOTH the controller and the display/remote units to try. In the meantime, I'll try my regular ride tomorrow and just make sure I don't turn it off 8 miles, downhill from home. I'm so confused. I'll keep you posted.
1623621775326.png

Sort of. It is a type of little yellow variable thermo-coupling by the charge port that cuts power as the battery at that spot gets hotter and automatically resets as it cools down to operating temperature. Kind of like a thermostat in a house.
So this is part of the battery?

I'm still waiting on my parts being shipped "ASAP" - my expectations are low. BUT, I've noticed that if I take it off charge at night, I can usually get it to turn on ONCE in the morning. I've been getting my shoes and helmet on and most the time tap the power button first thing and it comes on. I can do my usual 15-20 mile ride so long as I don't turn it off. When I get home, if I turn it off, it won't come back on again until the next day. So, I'm getting some use out of it, but obviously, I still can't head out anywhere besides the trail near my home. The idea of course is to take adventures and be able to stop along the way.

But, heat seems like a possibility. Of course, a battery is NOT one of the parts on the way. I HATE this guessing at what it is and just replacing parts, never knowing if I'm really good to go.

So this is part of the battery?

I'm still waiting on my parts being shipped "ASAP" - my expectations are low. BUT, I've noticed that if I take it off charge at night, I can usually get it to turn on ONCE in the morning. I've been getting my shoes and helmet on and most the time tap the power button first thing and it comes on. I can do my usual 15-20 mile ride so long as I don't turn it off. When I get home, if I turn it off, it won't come back on again until the next day. So, I'm getting some use out of it, but obviously, I still can't head out anywhere besides the trail near my home. The idea of course is to take adventures and be able to stop along the way.

But, heat seems like a possibility. Of course, a battery is NOT one of the parts on the way. I HATE this guessing at what it is and just replacing parts, never knowing if I'm really good to go.
Yes, a heat problem would account well for your symptoms. Either a bad sensor or a bad electronics control unit.

So, will the controller cover that or is it in the battery?
It depends. You could have a thermal sensor in the motor, or in the battery or both. That's where schematics come in handy.

Generally, when a thermal sensor trips, you get total shutdown for a period of time or until things cool, but it depends on the circuit design.

It depends. You could have a thermal sensor in the motor, or in the battery or both. That's where schematics come in handy.

Generally, when a thermal sensor trips, you get total shutdown for a period of time or until things cool, but it depends on the circuit design.
That’s what I’d expect and I wish I could get a schematic. They expect us to do our own maintenance but don’t give us much to work with. BUT, if it were heat, I’d expect a shut down in the middle of the ride, not just when I restart. Unless it’s part of a system check on start. Man I wish I could get more info.

That’s what I’d expect and I wish I could get a schematic. They expect us to do our own maintenance but don’t give us much to work with. BUT, if it were heat, I’d expect a shut down in the middle of the ride, not just when I restart. Unless it’s part of a system check on start. Man I wish I could get more info.
Intermittent electrical problems can be some of the hardest things to solve.. But the battery should be easy enough to check when it's failing by checking voltage output then.

I wish I could get a schematic.
Not to be rude but the idea of using a schematic is sadly laughable. Show me ONE common motor where that information is available. Unobtanium!

Customers shouldn't have to struggle like this.

Does anyone find more on this motor and controller?

Last edited:
I lost all power on my Ecotric bike last winter. The battery had no power, showed 0 volts on meter. The company sent a new controller and a new battery. Problem solved. I suspect it was the battery. But, the battery fuse was shot too. The fuse is 30 amp. 250 w. Slow blow ceramic and impossible to find in stores. Don't replace ceramic with glass! Glass will get hotter faster and blow much quicker. If you locate a fuse replace with exact one.

Not to be rude but the idea of using a schematic is sadly laughable. Show me ONE common motor where that information is available. Unobtanium!

Using a schematic is only laughable to someone who doesn't know how to use one. They are the key tool for anyone who knows electricity or electronics.

I agree though that getting one should not be difficult or impossible. At one time, long long ago, electrical and electronic devices came with them! I have schematics for several old audio receivers and even an early camcorder. These days? Forget it.

Intermittent electrical problems can be some of the hardest things to solve.. But the battery should be easy enough to check when it's failing by checking voltage output then.
53 volts when it’s failing. That makes me think the heat shutoff is elsewhere.

I realize a schematic of the motor would be useless to most people but a little bit of the “shin bone’s connected to the knee bone” would sure be helpful. I’m a handy guy and don’t generally mind doing my own work, but at least with cars there are repair manuals. This wait a month for a part and try it then another month and so on is BS. I just want to ride my bike.

Using a schematic is only laughable to someone who doesn't know how to use one. They are the key tool for anyone who knows electricity or electronics.

I agree though that getting one should not be difficult or impossible. At one time, long long ago, electrical and electronic devices came with them! I have schematics for several old audio receivers and even an early camcorder. These days? Forget it

Back