JUIN TECH Hybrid Hydraulic Road Bicycle Disc Brake

Repdetect

Region
USA
Has anyone installed Juin hydraulic brakes on a Lectric xp?
Did they bolt in? Did you have to modify the brakes or the bike to install them?
How do you like them?

Has anyone installed Juin hydraulic brakes on a Lectric xp?
Did they bolt in? Did you have to modify the brakes or the bike to install them?
How do you like them?
the Accessories for your XP thread has several mentions of the Juintech. people seem to like them. cables and all that stay on. it’s just the calipers and pistons. bolt on. should go pretty quick with no unusual tools.

the Accessories for your XP thread has several mentions of the Juintech. people seem to like them. cables and all that stay on. it’s just the calipers and pistons. bolt on. should go pretty quick with no unusual tools.
Thanks, but I found no mention of Juintech in any Lectric forum or thread.

Can you provide a link?

I added Xtech hybrid calipers to my XP 2.0 and the installation was pretty straight forward. Loosen the caliper mounting bolts, pull the cable cap off, remove stock caliper, bolt on new caliper, attach cable and add a new cable cap. The only issue I have is the caliper sits a tad high maybe 1 or 2 mm. Close enough to work but I would prefer the top of the disc line up with the top of the pad. I have been riding a long time and have several bikes all have full hydraulic brakes and I prefer there stopping power, better brake modulation and self adjusting ability. I may shave a milimeter or so off the mounting bracket to get the caliper to line up perfectly. The hybrid brakes feel about the same as the stock mech brakes (stopping power and modulation) and I mainly switched to hybrids because both pads move to squeeze the disc evenly as opposed to the mech brake only pushing one pad into the disc and the disc flexing to contact the other pad. Unfortunately the hybrids are not self adjusting and require manual adjustment when the pads wear or the cable stretches.

I added Xtech hybrid calipers to my XP 2.0 and the installation was pretty straight forward. Loosen the caliper mounting bolts, pull the cable cap off, remove stock caliper, bolt on new caliper, attach cable and add a new cable cap. The only issue I have is the caliper sits a tad high maybe 1 or 2 mm. Close enough to work but I would prefer the top of the disc line up with the top of the pad. I have been riding a long time and have several bikes all have full hydraulic brakes and I prefer there stopping power, better brake modulation and self adjusting ability. I may shave a milimeter or so off the mounting bracket to get the caliper to line up perfectly. The hybrid brakes feel about the same as the stock mech brakes (stopping power and modulation) and I mainly switched to hybrids because both pads move to squeeze the disc evenly as opposed to the mech brake only pushing one pad into the disc and the disc flexing to contact the other pad. Unfortunately the hybrids are not self adjusting and require manual adjustment when the pads wear or the cable stretches.

JUIN TECH​

Well they are the same concept so im not wrong and if you want to install that on your bike then go ahead. I can have full hydraulics for half the price of Juin. You still get the cable friction when you pull the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they are the same concept so im not wrong and if you want to install crap on your bike then go ahead. I can have full hydraulics for half the price of Juin crap. You still get the cable friction when you pull the handle. Looks like you need to do more research. Have fun
What hydraulic brakes are you using? Most of ones I see are $200-$300 dollars.. and then we still have issue of motor cutoff when braking. Thanks

is it correct however, that full hydraulic would not work if the intention was to preserve the foldability of the bike snd handlebars?

my sense was that folding full hydraulic lines may present potential issues but i haven’t validated that with anyone with more experience. i have full hydraulic on non-folding bikes but i question if it would still work on a folder.

is it correct however, that full hydraulic would not work if the intention was to preserve the foldability of the bike snd handlebars?

my sense was that folding full hydraulic lines may present potential issues but i haven’t validated that with anyone with more experience. i have full hydraulic on non-folding bikes but i question if it would still work on a folder.
Thats a good point to consider. Thanks

I just bought/installed the Juintech M1 calipers on my cheap bike that had manual disk brakes. Like night and day. I feel so much safer. They feel great. Much more confidence stopping. Also, if I get a different bike, I can transfer them.

well, they fit any bike with manual disk brakes. All the brake cables and everything stays. The M1 gets great reviews... and a couple that point out failures. I dunno the feel is so much better than my old brakes. so much more confidence stopping. The M1 is the sturdier of their lineup. I dunno. Its like night and day.

if you're going to do this replace the crap housing and cables. hell that would make a difference just in its self I bet. Brakes need a good quality housing to work well.

Back