Juiced Cycles with 12T MAC motor @ 48V doing over 30mph

Just curious GeeMac if you have modified the standard gear ratios in your bike?

Hello JRA. I have not not made any modifications to any part of the bike. I purchased the large size HF1100 in Oct 2018. The MAC motor also has a 9T paper sticker on it. It does what it does according to my physical input. My numbers are not a computer generated simulation, they are real, in the field actions. Our tech people tend to forget that simulations are not real. They are best guesses at what can be done given the variables that are incorporated into said simulation.

I was just curious as my personal observations of being able to pedal with effective input at those speeds on a bike with much narrower tires with a similar wattage motor and a higher gear ratio available is a bit different. However a computer generated simulation does support your in the field actions:

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 9.08.29 AM.png

Have a nice day!

I was just curious as my personal observations of being able to pedal with effective input at those speeds on a bike with much narrower tires with a similar wattage motor and a higher gear ratio available is a bit different. However a computer generated simulation does support your in the field actions:

View attachment 29602

Have a nice day!
I was only speaking to the rhetoric in reference to my initial post, not to the validity of sim stats. I am not an engineer or scientist, just a critical thinker. I ride my HF1100 daily, so thought my input could be informative. Nice stat sheet by the way. Very colorful.

JRA, you have a nice day as well!

I'd be checking the speedo settings... It's a stretch without any tweaking. Curiosity piqued!

I have a friend that has a HF1100 running the 12T MAC motor. With pedaling he was able to touch 40 mph momentarily. As soon as his stock controller started giving him problems, we ripped it out and put a GrinTech Phaserunner into it. This de-restricted the throttle output. The bike can now achieve 37-38 mph.

if I’m not mistaken his controller is programmed to limit the power to 36 amps on a 52v battery. The thing about the GrinTech controller is it’s a Field Oriented Controller that is capable of field weakening. Essentially raising the max motor rpm to achieve the higher speeds.
My Hyperfat 1100 is still operating just fine, and 35mph is not that difficult to reach, with 40 being a bit tough and not for long for this old guy, but I'd love to get more out of it. I'm new to this whole bike thing. Where would I access info on how to switch to this GrinTech Phaserunner you speak of? Thank you!

Use this chart for a reality check. At 12Y will NOT get over about 25mph. Use EM3ev or MAC direct. To much mistaken posts here regarding speed. EM3ev has better info!

https://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?bopen=false&motor=MMAC12T&batt=B5216_GA&cont=C40&axis=mph

Excellent advice. IMO a 10T MAC or GMAC is the best option for 90% of those looking to build and ebike. The MAC has more torque per amp than any motor available. Get the MAC from EM3ev or if you want regen, get the GMAC from Grin Tech.

Back