I've narrowed it down to Hydra or Crosstour, what do you guys think the main pros/cons or differences between these 2 are?

Looks close to mine, except I've got the short persons version and doing 26x4
While running the configurator I noticed there is a 'custom' frame availability. This gives rise to a couple possibilities: One would be an extra large size and I really like big bikes and the other would be a 29er. I wonder if this imaginary machine could be obtained inside a year's time? 🤔

While running the configurator I noticed there is a 'custom' frame availability. This gives rise to a couple possibilities: One would be an extra large size and I really like big bikes and the other would be a 29er. I wonder if this imaginary machine could be obtained inside a year's time? 🤔
While only Pushkar can say for sure, I'm thinking an XL with 29's could be accomplished. I think the only limiting factor at the moment is the Kindernay being delayed 45-60 days due to shutdowns over the pond. Might have to make the rear triangle larger to accommodate the larger wheel but, it's already being setup in CAD so why not? I believe he has the frames custom built so probably 3-4 months total on the build, maybe sooner says the hopeful. What's he gonna say "No Reed this is not burger king have it your way and you cannot have happiness" or he could quote the Rolling Stones song "You can't always get what you want." I'm guessing he'll say "yeah, heck yeah, lets go there and do this." Just so you know, if you're going on a straight bologna diet to get this, I recommend Boars Head brand, that's what I'll be eating for quite a while I'm afraid. I was tempted to use a Sir Mix-a-Lot insert on your comment about liking big bikes, but I stifled myself.

XL Crosstour Twentyniner May Actually Be A Thing

Pushkar sounded excited about it and says he can do everything I'm contemplating. And this new triangle battery is much more than any of us imagined. I won't go into it as it's up to Pushkar to make any announcements. I'm just waiting to hear how it goes with the new battery prototype before I order. Pushkar says the turnaround time will be not bad at all. I'm contemplating 3 inch tires and Kindernay belt drive, Kinekt seat post of course, and maybe Jones bars.

Yes I probably have lost all sense of reality and my mind has been take over by Wattwagons hysteria. 😻

XL Crosstour Twentyniner May Actually Be A Thing

Pushkar sounded excited about it and says he can do everything I'm contemplating. And this new triangle battery is much more than any of us imagined. I won't go into it as it's up to Pushkar to make any announcements. I'm just waiting to hear how it goes with the new battery prototype before I order. Pushkar says the turnaround time will be not bad at all. I'm contemplating 3 inch tires and Kindernay belt drive, Kinekt seat post of course, and maybe Jones bars.

Yes I probably have lost all sense of reality and my mind has been take over by Wattwagons hysteria. 😻
I'm guessing he'll say "yeah, heck yeah, lets go there and do this." Told ya.... Take a look at the Surly Moloco bar as well. I have the Jones H bar on another and while it's nice, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

I'm guessing he'll say "yeah, heck yeah, lets go there and do this." Told ya.... Take a look at the Surly Moloco bar as well. I have the Jones H bar on another and while it's nice, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.
Ran across this outfit. They make several different bars. The Ti ones are expensive but they also make chrome-moly. They have various rise and angles.

Ran across this outfit. They make several different bars. The Ti ones are expensive but they also make chrome-moly. They have various rise and angles.

Looks like only the Ti is available now, if I was running a non-ebike the Ti might look good. With all the grips, shifters, brakes and throttle on the Crosstour, all that lovely Ti won't be seen.

Back