Ive acquired an ebike Fattie

Chargeride

Its my friends first ebike and he just wanted it out of the house after it stopped working, hes already fitted a high power controller and messed with the battery, but lost interest and said I could just have it

IMG_20230828_165646526.jpg

Its got a 17.5ah battery, but hes now lost the top clamping mechanism, Im sure I can botch something.

IMG_20230828_165652062.jpg

The brakes seem to be really good and Ive never seen actual metal pipes coming out of bicycle brakes.
IMG_20230828_165659278.jpg

Its weighs a ton, loads heavier than my geared hub full suspension Fattie, the battery is in a metal case for starters.
No idea what these mounts are for.

IMG_20230828_165709738.jpg

There is power from the battery, but he also given me three working controllers, one brand new in the box, so I should get in going easily
IMG_20230828_165727347.jpg

Im guessing its not a Whyte, anyone know what it is?
The original controller was tiny, like 350W and fitted in the frame above the battery.

A bit of bent plastic sheet and a strap should hold the battery in.

Not bad for free.

I know I've seen those antlers and logo somewhere before, but maybe not on an ebike. that is one bigass rear motor and looks like a powerful direct drive ... I don't think something like that came off a production line, or if it did, its a rare duck. I'm guessing that the controller is a match to the bigger motor. The frame looks pretty generic for a Chinese production unit.

If that is a powerful DD hub in back, you had better put a torque arm on that sucker or else. Really that should be done regardless.

Its still running the original small pin connector to the hub, it seems OK, no melting at all, if thats survived Im sure the hub will be fine.

Whyte is a long established UK mtb company, they dont make efatbikes.

Good Luck with your Project - you have the right attitude - what throws be a but is that battery mount issue - I hope your eBike wasn't stolen at some time in its prior life !
No, my friend did it while trying to investigate the fault and lost the part, his bike garage is being turned into a kids playroom 🙁

Cartridge, you are so nice person I will close my eye on that 'un :) Only do not do any harm to yourself because I would really miss your ride reports! :)

(My dream is you could afford a Levo one day!)

Tbh, I have no use for it.
I am considering just pinching the front forks, brakes , tyres and gears for my bike.
Its built for speed on road, dont do that... and its so heavy I cant pick it up over anything.
I'll probably keep it as a spare bike for anyone wanting to ride with us.

Lmao, i would have dumped that battery off at the nearest Home Depot dropoff site before bringing that bike anywhere near my house.
Different strokes i guess.

Its not as bad as it looks, hes just taken the power plug off because it looked a bit rusty, hes shrink wrapped them and silicone sealed them.

I keep all my batteries in an outside barbecue anyway 😄

Its not as bad as it looks, hes just taken the power plug off because it looked a bit rusty, hes shrink wrapped them and silicone sealed them.

I keep all my batteries in an outside barbecue anyway 😄

That battery doesn't look right to me.

It looks like your freind may have removed the BMS?
That battery would be REALLY Unsafe without a BMS !!

I'm pretty sure that I have the same type of battery as you, and my BMS is underneath the top cover of the battery.

20230413_201904.jpg

I do see what looks like heat fins though so maybe that is your BMS ?

Its weighs a ton, loads heavier than my geared hub full suspension Fattie, the battery is in a metal case for starters.
No idea what these mounts are for.

IMG_20230828_165709738.jpg

That's to mount a front rack.

Yes, thats the bms at the top, its tiny, so I dont know how they work, but Im guessing its a low output.
Hes fitted a 35 amp controller, he said it worked fine.

Update on the dodgy battery.

Got the bike running on my battery.

IMG_20230907_130805657_HDR.jpg

Pulled the original out of it metal case, which was a bit sphincter tightening.
IMG_20230907_130857060_HDR.jpg

I guess its kind of OK, it has plastic forming to protect it, but the real concern is the high current BMS wire has chafed through on the metal.
Which luckily isnt a issue in itself, but it wasnt protected at all unlike the other wires.

Theres also two bms white wires just cut off and not insulated, my friend says it was like that when he opened it up.

IMG_20230907_130832551_HDR.jpg

Most people would throw it in an active volcano, but I think its recoverable once I work out an intermittent fault.
I think its actually just corrosion on connectors.

Well at least they are quality Panasonic cells but you still can never be sure what that open pack was exposed to before you owned the bike.

Back