It’s official: E-bikes are actually bikes, not ‘motor vehicles,’ according to new EU rules

When I crashed a few years ago (T-boned a car, not vice versa), it knocked me out. Came to as I was being loaded onto the gurney, and saw the fire truck driving off with my bike, which they delivered to my house. The beer came through intact, not even shaken enough to foam up (I had been on my way home from the grocery store).
…made me think of an old Dean Martin line; don’t drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill it.

The nearest craft beer brewery here is only 10 km away
My friend, you live in the desert! I'm not sure if it's possible to be at least 10km away from a craft brewery in Seattle.

I don't generally stop at them but I go by several to/from work when I bike in. Someone calculated that you can hit 9 brewpubs in .54 miles. A couple of them always seem to have a half dozen ebikes parked out front in the evening.

My friend, you live in the desert! I'm not sure if it's possible to be at least 10km away from a craft brewery in Seattle.

I don't generally stop at them but I go by several to/from work when I bike in. Someone calculated that you can hit 9 brewpubs in .54 miles. A couple of them always seem to have a half dozen ebikes parked out front in the evening.
I respect the USA and especially the PNW for being the home of Craft Beer Brewing! To my defense, I can only say there are two specialty craft beer stores in two tiny towns around, so I am not bound to buy from a single brewery :) A fun fact is another craft beer brewery was built a several years ago just 2 km from where I live but that one has never been put in operation! (bad times...)

The Polish craft beer brewing community has learnt from the Americans, and we are grateful to your nation for that. We have very strong craft beer brewing as for the region, especially as there are not that many hop-heads in Poland.

If you would like to name some country "a desert", that would be Germany. There were numerous attempts in that country to create craft beer brewing community and industry. All in vain! The bravest attempt was opening a Stone Brewing Berlin brewery and tap room (actually, a big, American style restaurant). It is all gone. A German will not drink anything else that is not German Reinheitsgebot beer... Sad but true.

1698564136435.png

At the Stone Brewing Berlin World Bistro & Garden, 2018.

1698564193782.png

It used to be such a nice place...

1698564249149.png

American brewers met at night on the Berlin metro. 'You see, we have built the brewery just to be able to drink our own beer, haha!' :)

Last edited:
Back