It's INTERBIKE 2016!

If anyone talks to ebikes Nevadans, I am interested in how to apply the law. Ebikes are allowed on paths and walkways built with federal funds, but I haven't been able to find out which paths and trail these are.

Hey now, just a little patience, please! :D Court got there Monday for the Outdoor test rides in the Canyon where the biggest issue was batteries running out of a charge before the afternoon was over (not a lot of electric hookups in the middle of nowhere!) Our paths crossed a couple of times today at the Haibike & Big Cat booths but we're working independently. Tuesday was a bit of a wash for me with a late plane trip but I did see a handful of snazzy Vintage Electric Bikes parked along the wrought iron face of a local eatery with most of their team sitting behind them.

Vintage Ebikes.jpg

Vintage Ebikes2.jpg
The main part of the conference started today; a lot 'o walking, a lot o' sound with most displays accompanied by big screen visuals, video loops and booming sound tracks. Nothing outside the Mandalay Convention Center seems to run in a straight line, more like intertwining mazes running between hotels and the Convention Center and up and down cascading banks of stairs and escalators. Fewer people seemed to be scouring the print version of the Interbike floor layout this year, replaced by a convenient free App; a handy tool to keep from walking in square circles searching for a vendor or an exit. Lost count of the number of Starbucks between the hotel where I am and the convention but it's a lot!

For anyone that hasn't attended a convention/tradeshow, these things are complete information overload. Dazzling lights, booth after booth of visual and audio stimulation. About 4-5 hours of sleep a night, state of the industry seminars and classes...

Hopefully I can make it next time! ;)

Hello Ann - I see Bafang has 2 exhibit areas: 4253 and another one that may be outside CIR 29. Would be interested to see what they are showing. Luna Cycle is not listed, but if you come across anything, that would be great to know.

Thanks and have a great time!
@Ann M. I'm also interested in what Bafang is showing this year as well. Would like to learn more about the new MM G5 1000 mid drive they have on their website if they have at interbike.

@Ann M. Please confirm for me if my suspicions are correct. No haibike models with the New pw-x Yamaha motor coming to the US?! I went to the haibike Ernie and it is updated for the U.S. With the New models, but they are only going up to the 6.5 models for the sduro line. Pw-x is only models 7.0 and up according to the main German site. I will be so disappointed!

@Court's new video for haibike answered my question. So much disappoint.

Last edited:
Thank You Court for all the great videos from INTERBIKE ... have really enjoyed watching them over the past few days ... great to get a peak at the new ebikes ... so much good stuff !!

It's like Christmas for eBikerss... :) Video after video after video..:eek: I bet @Court is just chuckling away.:D IMHO Ohm takes the cake.. I wish I could afford... One day.:rolleyes:

@Ann M. would like to hear about Raleigh 2017 Redux IE, I think it may have a Brose motor also like to hear about IZIP 2017 Protour with COBI built in
I saw the Interbike coverage and I think the Raleigh Redux IE is the bike for me. I have done some research on the Brose motor and I love the torque and the range. 35 - 80 miles on a 250w motor is amazing. I just wish it had front suspension. I was interested in the IZip Protour but the motor and range are not as impressive and the Redux IE.

I saw the Interbike coverage and I think the Raleigh Redux IE is the bike for me. I have done some research on the Brose motor and I love the torque and the range. 35 - 80 miles on a 250w motor is amazing. I just wish it had front suspension. I was interested in the IZip Protour but the motor and range are not as impressive and the Redux IE.

Yes, Raleigh Redux IE looks very interesting can't wait to see a review

@Ann M. would like to hear about Raleigh 2017 Redux IE, I think it may have a Brose motor also like to hear about IZIP 2017 Protour with COBI built in
Hi Bill! It took a while but I've just released the Raleigh Redux iE review (the video is almost finished uploading). Hopefully this is still relevant for you! I was really impressed with the setup... quiet, fast and beautiful :)

Wow this is a very cool looking bike, with a Brose' motor, how could you not love this bike! Raleigh has finally hit it with a more stealthy looking bike. I wish some of the other mfgs would get on board with this look in an ebike like Haibike and Izip etc. Looks like this is going to hit some home runs at this price point.:p

I just test drove the Raleigh Redux and love it! I am wondering if i could replace the forks with front suspension? Then it would be ideal for me! Not a bike person so I do not know if only certain bikes can take front shocks...

Do yourself a favor and ride the Pacer from SmartMotion. For $2899 you get a 28mph speed pedelec, a 14.5 48V battery with an optional 17.5A battery. Superb display with nighttime driving mode and embedded LED lights in the downtube and rear rack for visibility. Marine grade cabling for weatherproofing, magura hydraulic brakes and and Deore derailleur and shifter. Add a body float suspension seat post and you have one sweet ride.

Back