iso: Derailleur hanger for Motobecane M600

PacNwTexan

I have searched high and low, contacted every hanger manufacturers I can find (with pictures), contacted local machine shops and trade schools, bought and returned two different universal options, including the SRAM universal, and still, all roads lead back to the distributor, BikesDirect. They originally directed me the hanger#47 eHal on their site, but it didn't work.

I am at a complete loss and have no idea where to turn. I have also contacted Kinesis who I thought was the frame manufacturer but keep getting directed to Taiwan who is NOT responding.

Does anyone have an extra I can purchase? Larry at BD, while always helpful, does not have an eta on inventory, can't share the CAD files and has not responded if he can connect me with the manufacturer so I can buy them direct.

We are now coming into riding season and I once again have a broken bike - Ended the season with a broken Chainstay on same bike.

This is the bike : http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...s-hal-eboost-m600-electric-mountain-bikes.htm

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am so deflated at the moment...... Maybe install directly to the frame????????

Attachments

• 20210321_114010.jpg
    20210321_114010.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 20210321_114026.jpg
    20210321_114026.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 268
  • 20210323_200109.jpg
    20210323_200109.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
While not totally perfect, anyone nearby can make you a passable copy by hand with a small chunk of aluminum bar, a dremel/angle grinder, belt sander, drill/drill press, and a tap set for the threading. Find a friend with a drill press or a small hobby shop in their garage, or even some folks at a makerspace or a hackerspace could help! No CAD files needed to get you on the trails at least. :)

While not totally perfect, anyone nearby can make you a passable copy by hand with a small chunk of aluminum bar, a dremel/angle grinder, belt sander, drill/drill press, and a tap set for the threading. Find a friend with a drill press or a small hobby shop in their garage, or even some folks at a makerspace or a hackerspace could help! No CAD files needed to get you on the trails at least. :)
Leave it to a Northern Michigander do to exactly what this Northern Michigander would do. Gotta laugh on that one.
Derailleur hangers are the Achilles Heel of Bikes Direct. An ongoing problem they have not addressed in years. There is an outfit out of Ukraine and I think Australia that makes BD hangers to fill the gaps. Not cheap and don't have a link.
I waited more than a year before they came into stock again for my bike. In the meantime I did make one out of a chunk of aluminum. My hanger does not look like that one though.

Reactions: ngl
Hanger aside how do you like the bike? I wasn't aware that BD had actually made that model yet and obviously did last year?

Another MI connection is the fact that I had a frame made by a builder, Quiring, years ago that the der hanger broke on and as it was a custom job the hanger also was apparently. Same situation I tried all stock avenues, it is amazing how many different styles there are, with no luck. Finally, after 10yrs. he decided to make a run of them to satisfy those of us that had broken ones and got the bike back on the trail again. Electrified of course.

49 euros... I'm in the wrong business. !!! Good find though!

Hanger aside how do you like the bike? I wasn't aware that BD had actually made that model yet and obviously did last year?

Another MI connection is the fact that I had a frame made by a builder, Quiring, years ago that the der hanger broke on and as it was a custom job the hanger also was apparently. Same situation I tried all stock avenues, it is amazing how many different styles there are, with no luck. Finally, after 10yrs. he decided to make a run of them to satisfy those of us that had broken ones and got the bike back on the trail again. Electrified of course.
10yrs. Id be irate... I love the bike, I'm just questioning if the savings was worth the parts troubles. Took two months to get the chainstay, but hopefully thats covid not the distributor.

The torque and climbing ability on the m600 is insane.
This looks like it might be correct.

View attachment 84386
Oh my, how in the world did you even find that., even if it is not exact its the closest I've seen so far. $79 to the states but at this point I would have paid 200. I sure hope if it doesn't fit they accept returns.

Thank you so much. Never even heard of a vector Montana.

Reactions: JRA
10yrs. Id be irate... I love the bike, I'm just questioning if the savings was worth the parts troubles. Took two months to get the chainstay, but hopefully thats covid not the distributor.

The torque and climbing ability on the m600 is insane.

Oh my, how in the world did you even find that., even if it is not exact its the closest I've seen so far. $79 to the states but at this point I would have paid 200. I sure hope if it doesn't fit they accept returns.

Thank you so much. Never even heard of a vector Montana.
Many moons ago I owned a Motobecane when it was a French company. They used parts that few others used and one had to order from France, Italy and the UK. Although not the same company today it seems they continue that tradition, so I took a shot and looked at those three countries for a supplier. Hope it works out.

Many moons ago I owned a Motobecane when it was a French company. They used parts that few others used and one had to order from France, Italy and the UK. Although not the same company today it seems they continue that tradition, so I took a shot and looked at those three countries for a supplier. Hope it works out.
Top notch man. Thanks again... I'll report back.

I have searched high and low, contacted every hanger manufacturers I can find (with pictures), contacted local machine shops and trade schools, bought and returned two different universal options, including the SRAM universal, and still, all roads lead back to the distributor, BikesDirect. They originally directed me the hanger#47 eHal on their site, but it didn't work.

I am at a complete loss and have no idea where to turn. I have also contacted Kinesis who I thought was the frame manufacturer but keep getting directed to Taiwan who is NOT responding.

Does anyone have an extra I can purchase? Larry at BD, while always helpful, does not have an eta on inventory, can't share the CAD files and has not responded if he can connect me with the manufacturer so I can buy them direct.

We are now coming into riding season and I once again have a broken bike - Ended the season with a broken Chainstay on same bike.

This is the bike : http://www.bikesdirect.com/products...s-hal-eboost-m600-electric-mountain-bikes.htm

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am so deflated at the moment...... Maybe install directly to the frame????????
Hello,

I am contemplating ordering the same bike from Bikes Direct. Did you get the hanger issue worked out. I am curious if it broke from hitting something or just stress on it. Sounds like you are happy with the rest of the bike?

Hello,

I am contemplating ordering the same bike from Bikes Direct. Did you get the hanger issue worked out. I am curious if it broke from hitting something or just stress on it. Sounds like you are happy with the rest of the bike?
I love the bike, but the only thing I have to compare it to is a hub drive as far as electric. It's a goat. The thing will climb and is strong and fast. Suspension has been perfect for my needs.

I broke a chainstay on a jump at the end of last season and the hanger on my second ride after getting the new part (2-3 months). No word in the hanger yet from BD but the Italian one above worked. I just installed it this week in fact. The screw hole was different so I have it in snug with the tire in. It's fine without the screw but I suppose you could fix that if that your forte.

I have no complaints other than the parts supply chain but I think that's industry wide.

Back