ISO 60-622 Commute Tire (for tubeless)

Last edited:
On which bike and what is the commute terrain ?

I'm currently running tubeless 55-622 (28 x 2.15) Almotion for pavement which I like but am thinking of trying out your 60-622 G One Speed .

Terrain is mixed between street, path, and sidewalk. Bike is a Canvas 2.

I just noticed that Vittoria is releasing a possible choice, the Terreno in a 2.25

The Schwalbe Marathon may be a bit narrow at 40mm. The rims are WTB STX i29. I'll look into it.

I'll ride this year round, so I'll be picking up a studded commuter tire, too.

On which bike and what is the commute terrain ?

I'm currently running tubeless 55-622 (28 x 2.15) Almotion for pavement which I like but am thinking of trying out your 60-622 G One Speed .
I've got 27.5x2.25 G One All Round (Performance, folding) and they are a great riding tyre but for the lightweight carcass. Excelllent grip but needs more sidewall support and puncture protection. I've ordered the 2.15 Almotion and hoping it will be as grippy on wet seal.

I've got 27.5x2.25 G One All Round (Performance, folding) and they are a great riding tyre but for the lightweight carcass. Excelllent grip but needs more sidewall support and puncture protection. I've ordered the 2.15 Almotion and hoping it will be as grippy on wet seal.

It really seems like Schwalbe has all the best ebike balloon tires - Almotion and the G-One Speed give you low fairly low weight, rolling resistance, and good puncture protection. It's a shame no one is putting these tires on stock ebikes. Almotion for puncture protection, G One for minimum weight and rolling resistance.

The Moto X gets good reviews but it's much heavier, ~400g+ more.

I just got a set of new take-offs, Bontrager E6 Hardcase. Haven't tried them yet, but they look like MOTO-X knockoffs, or Trek had them made for them.

They're not lightweight, and they're 2.4's, so no guarantee they would fit in your chainstays. I'm fitting them to an extra wheelset for my eMTB for roading.

BontragerE6HardCaseLightReflective_28498_A_Primary

Nice that Bontrager actually give a durometer (60A) for those tyres. Schwalbe compounds are a complete dogs breakfast - Basic, Dual, Road Star,TravelStar, Onestar, Evolution, Performance, 4 standard Addix compounds plus Addix E etc etc. Who knows what you're actually getting? The last Schwalbe tyre I bought (27.5x2.0 Big Ben Plus Performance) put me on my arse as it has no grip on wet seal at all.

The new take-off Bontrager E6 Hardcase tires1 arrived yesterday - they are BEAUTIFUL. These are really nice tires, super impressed. They are a big tire - 2.4's. I'll post up a pic when photobucket comes back online (typical, eh??)

Trek puts out good product - the Nimbus Sports that came on our ROLL are really nice as well, and back in 2015 (or so) when those bikes came out there weren't a lot of options for balloon tires for anything other than a beach cruiser. And those, BTW, are another option for 27.5 / 650b wheel sets - they're 2.3 size tires, so you need a wider chain stay to accommodate them. They ride great though, and we've never had a flat on that bike.

ounds good. Looking forward to your review - particularly how they stick to slick off-camber chipseal slopes...

Attachments

• 2020-05-22_090623.jpg
    2020-05-22_090623.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 414
Can't wait to put some miles on these things. They are definitely a big tire - the 2.4 size really shows. I think they're going to work out fantastic.

Lightweight ebikes aside, it really looks like the industry is converging on 60mm 2.4" as the optimal width. 26" wheels would be good too, but only the Electra cafe has that for now, maybe some others.

Back