Is PAS supposed to cut power at 20 mph?

flaxseedoil1000

Region
USA
Greetings,

I notice when I hit 20 mph my watts drop to zero. I can still get full power with the throttle but that cuts off at the 28 mph legal limit.

Is there a reason for this I am unaware of?

tia

Greetings,

I notice when I hit 20 mph my watts drop to zero. I can still get full power with the throttle but that cuts off at the 28 mph legal limit.

Is there a reason for this I am unaware of?

tia
It may be a display setting. But without knowing what the display, eBike, and motor is we're at a loss to help!

Thanks, I specifically did not mention that because I wanted to know if it was this way regardless of brand / a legal reason.
On a Magicycle the max speed setting is 28 mph which is where I have it set.

There is no legal eBike that can go 28mph on a throttle. Class 3 is pedal only to 28mph. Class 2 is throttle and PAS to 20mph max

Thanks, I specifically did not mention that because I wanted to know if it was this way regardless of brand / a legal reason.
On a Magicycle the max speed setting is 28 mph which is where I have it set.
They responded instantly. See your manual. Support says it's a setting.

Apparently you started several threads. I posted the manual link from Magicycle support. It took 2 minutes for them to respond.

Apparently you started several threads. I posted the manual link from Magicycle support. It took 2 minutes for them to respond.
Nope, just this thread on PAS.
I asked here because I want to know if this is common from other manufacturers / a legal thing.

There is no legal eBike that can go 28mph on a throttle. Class 3 is pedal only to 28mph. Class 2 is throttle and PAS to 20mph max
Thanks I understand the classes. This one is strange, pedal power gets cut at 20 mph but throttle gets cut at 28 mph.
Sounds like this is not the norm for other bikes.

Back