Is Lectric XP comfortable for long leisure rides?

CornPop

I'm 50 years old with some lower back pain but in good shape physically. I'm 6' even at about 190lbs.

I own a Jamis Hudson comfort bike and want an electric bike for casual rides on a 25 mile paved trail. I've read the knobby tires can be loud and annoying and the Lectric also lacks suspension. My Jamis doesn't have suspension but i'm on pavement so its not an issue.

I was thinking about getting something similar to my regular bike but with electric power. Something like the Aventon 350/500, NCM Munich, Eahora Cruiser etc. but the advantage of something like the Lectric XP would be folding to put in rear hatch of SUV (no need for hitch and bike rack) and also other friends and family who are too short for a 26" bike could ride it when visiting.

I guess my question is, is there really a big difference in comfort when comparing the Lectric XP to the typical comfort ebikes?

My opinion only. XP does a great job of covering riders of many different weights and sizes and body styles. It is made to be an all around machine and not a Great Trail Bike or Great Road Bike, but you can do all of those things with it. With adjustable handle bars and seat height, you can make the xp very comfortable for long rides. I had to change out the seat for a big butt seat to make it really comfortable but it did the trick. I find the big tires to be a great advantage on these bikes especially if you experience loose dirt, sand or gravel during you rides. They do make a noise but I don't find the noise they make annoying at all, Just different. They fold very easy and can go from folded to ready to ride in less than 30 seconds. Playing with the power speeds and the 7 speeds available is fun and creates great satisfaction when you find a good combination. The xp has enough power to take you along briskly or you can just put along at your own pace. I have a lot of up and down hills where I live so I usually turn off the motor going down longer hills and save my battery for the up hills. Also many times I will turn off power on flat trails/roads once again to extend the battery life. For the amount of investment you can't go wrong buying an xp. Many fat tire regular pedal bikes go for 275 to 500 or more so it really isn't costing you that much more to get the xp. I think that if you take it at face value as being a good all around bike and not a great at any of it bike, you will be well pleased with your purchase.

I hated the seat that came with the bike. I u-graded to the longest satori seat post 31.6mm diameter and put a wider seat without a horn and love the bike now. Fastest comfort upgrade I’ve done.

Attachments

• 044CDA77-2ED6-45E8-96D4-6892679A90E5.jpeg
    044CDA77-2ED6-45E8-96D4-6892679A90E5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 671
I record distances in kms but regularly ride the equivalent of 25-30 mile trips and now have over 2100kms on my bike. The bike can be made quite comfortable, I changed the seat, added a Suntour NCX suspension seatpost, and changed the handlebars to a wider set but all you really need to do is change the seat, maybe add a suspension seatpost and you're ready to go. The tires don't make too much noise, they are quieter than the motor and tires can be changed to smooth silent types if you want. For the price this bike can't be beat.

Definitely needs a shock-absorbing seatpost! I just put one on mine, along with a Cloud-9 seat, and the difference is amazing! I was ending up with bruises on my backside on longer rides with the stock seat and seatpost, but now the ride is much more comfortable.

Bud

Back