Intuvia display problem

Mkj

Hi
I have had a problem with my bosch intuvia display on my Raleigh lotus tour.

Attach to bike would come on the display & it would then turn itself off & wouldn't come back on & the battery wouldn't work.

I took the bike to my local Raleigh dealer & they told me it was a problem with the display & I needed a new one,so I bought one & the same message attach to bike would come up & the display would switch its self off.

I have taken the bike back to the dealer & also contacted bosch ebike UK.

Could anybody on here help? Thanks

Attachments

• 20220810_103911.jpg
    20220810_103911.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 20220810_103918.jpg
    20220810_103918.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 20220810_103857.jpg
    20220810_103857.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 292
  • 20220815_174920.jpg
    20220815_174920.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 276
  • 20220815_174913.jpg
    20220815_174913.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 279
the contacts don't look bad. I have cleaned all the contacts with this it helps.
it could be the mount is worn out and not holding the display well. I have had that on my nyon.

and the mount. its not hard to do you would just replace the mount and not the wires. it could be the wires and the shop would need to run new wires.

What battery pack do you have? 400wh? 3 things can be going on; dirty contacts, dead battery in the intuvia, or a reboot issue.
1. Dirty contacts, use a pencil eraser and rub all the contacts.
2. Dead battery in Intivia,
3. Reboot main battery pack. I had an intermittent problem with my 400wh battery pack. The display would come on, but show no mph and not let me change PAS levels. Researched on line and found the solution. Turn on the display, if you get the situation with no speedometer and no PAS options, reach down and push the reboot button on the main battery pack and hold down for at least 5 seconds. When you release it, everything on the display comes on. Probably had to do that 4 times over 6 years. Works great. The only time I had to replace an Intuvia was after a crash. The back tabs broke off the back of the removable section of the display. I rode it for a year with the security bolt in the back and two zip ties around the base and display. If you aren't on a warranty, you can buy online for $177 for a new display and base. https://www.modernbike.com/ebike-head-units

€88 from bike-discount germany. Alternatively fit Purion display for €77 will need wiring in by shop. Less information but no electrical contact issues and you can't loss it or have it stolen. I prefer it as less distracting than Intuvia but that personal thing.

Thanks for the info I will go to the shop tomorrow & show them your replies
What battery pack do you have? 400wh? 3 things can be going on; dirty contacts, dead battery in the intuvia, or a reboot issue.
1. Dirty contacts, use a pencil eraser and rub all the contacts.
2. Dead battery in Intivia,
3. Reboot main battery pack. I had an intermittent problem with my 400wh battery pack. The display would come on, but show no mph and not let me change PAS levels. Researched on line and found the solution. Turn on the display, if you get the situation with no speedometer and no PAS options, reach down and push the reboot button on the main battery pack and hold down for at least 5 seconds. When you release it, everything on the display comes on. Probably had to do that 4 times over 6 years. Works great. The only time I had to replace an Intuvia was after a crash. The back tabs broke off the back of the removable section of the display. I rode it for a year with the security bolt in the back and two zip ties around the base and display. If you aren't on a warranty, you can buy online for $177 for a new display and base. https://www.modernbike.com/ebike-head-units
Hi I'm not getting anything on the display at all & my display is brand new only just bought it

€88 from bike-discount germany. Alternatively fit Purion display for €77 will need wiring in by shop. Less information but no electrical contact issues and you can't loss it or have it stolen. I prefer it as less distracting than Intuvia but that personal thing.
That is where I bought my replacement, but I was under the impression they would not sell and ship to the States any longer.

That is where I bought my replacement, but I was under the impression they would not sell and ship to the States any longer.
I've not brought any bosch parts from them for few years so it may be case. They stopped exporting Shimano and Thule a few years ago unfortunately. Luckily Aliexpress still sell Shimano, Chinese aren't so fussy about export rules.

That's upsetting. Might be the internal battery after all?
I honestly wouldn't know I've emailed bosch & asked him to send a technician down because I'm getting fed up with it.
I broke down halfway to work it's 6 miles each way I hope I have better luck with the specialized that's being delivered tomorrow.

Back