interesting issue with Nyon between bikes.

fooferdoggie

we have three bikes that share the same nyon. though only two are used on a regular basis. my trek with a gen 4 performance speed and our tandem with a gen 2 performance motor. things have been fine for a couple of weeks but a couple of rides on the tandem and I got this. I would get the message that the trip is going to be reset because of miles. this happened after a block or so. I canceled it the first time because I didn't to know what was going on till I saw it later. today it did it within a few hundred feet. I think it only happens when I ride both bikes in the same day and need to hold the power button in on the nyon so it has to boot up on the bike. Have seen a couple of error codes that come and go fast too maybe because of that too. this has not effected the odometer on the motor luckily.
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 7.06.46 PM.jpg

ok after a few weeks of using one nyon on two bikes. I have been having issues. I don't know if it is because it is going from a gen 2 performance and a gen 3 performance speed or it just is not a good idea. I have been fully turning the nyon off between bikes but some problems have gotten worse. Like sometimes one battery does not show up and I have to remove it and put it back in on both bikes. I have gotten error messages but they come and go to fast to read exactly what they are. but they finally started causing issues. like my power would not show and if your not getting torque info your calories and such wont get calculated and the ride wont record. taking the nyon off and turning it off and on did not help but the bike was working fine. I put it on the tandem and I got the same issue. So I think in the short term it may work but it seems to cause issues. I put my new unused nyon on the tandem and got it all setup and then reset the old one and set it up for the other bike and its working normally. now I will be back to hoping up ebike connect each time I change bikes again.

Interesting. Yet another Bosch product quirk. Thank goodness their DUs are not quirky!
so far I have never heard of anyone using one display for multiple bikes. my mechanic is going to talk to the bosch rep about it. like yesterday I took the nyon off my trek to go into the store put it back on and it seems fine but the motor had no power. I think I had to turn if off and on or remove it cant remember to get things working. then it stopped reading torque.

so far I have never heard of anyone using one display for multiple bikes.
I use several Nyons (first generation, the oldest one is from 2014) on multiple bikes with different generations motors (2, 3 and 4) from 2014 to 2021 and I don't know how many different batteries.
Never had any issues, it just works fine. The customized screens update immediately when switching between bikes and so on.
Yesterday I tried the Nyon I got from you on a 30 miles ride with no issues, too.

I would have gotten my new bike last year with the new Nyon if it was using the same mount as the Kiox (like the old Nyon and the Intuvia). Now I am glad that I keep using the old Nyon as it has a bigger screen and just works fine.

I use several Nyons (first generation, the oldest one is from 2014) on multiple bikes with different generations motors (2, 3 and 4) from 2014 to 2021 and I don't know how many different batteries.
Never had any issues, it just works fine. The customized screens update immediately when switching between bikes and so on.
Yesterday I tried the Nyon I got from you on a 30 miles ride with no issues, too.

I would have gotten my new bike last year with the new Nyon if it was using the same mount as the Kiox (like the old Nyon and the Intuvia). Now I am glad that I keep using the old Nyon as it has a bigger screen and just works fine.
ya I wonder if it is a new nyon thing. they all have their quirks for sure. its not that big of a deal I just have to open up the ebike connect app when I change bikes.

I have two Treks with Gen2 and self-fitted a Nyon MY21 to each when they became available in October 2020. Like wildtrak, the displays have been swapped (usually by mistake!) without any problem apart from eBike Connect getting confused!

I have two Treks with Gen2 and self-fitted a Nyon MY21 to each when they became available in October 2020. Like wildtrak, the displays have been swapped (usually by mistake!) without any problem apart from eBike Connect getting confused!
but I did it every day sometimes several times a day. but it could be the motors are so different? ebike connect dealt with it just fine though.

Back