Intentional Hit & Run

Carbrain is out of control in this country. Psychopathy normalized.

Hopefully the victim makes a full recovery and that violent criminal is put behind bars.

Absolutely appalling! My thoughts are with the victim and I hope they recover fully from this senseless act of violence. It's terrifying to think that someone would intentionally try to harm another human being like that. The driver needs to be caught and held accountable for their actions.

I read the article, was his mom with him on the bike? How does she know what the driver of the SUV said?

Anyhow, this is a sad story. I hope the asshole gets caught. This is exactly why a mirror was the first thing I added to my bike.

Oh God that's going to trigger PTSD. I had those railroad spikes "stabilizers" in my leg when I was hit by a car. Hope he recovers fully

Last edited:
He did everything right and still got rammed and runover. He had lights, a yellow safety vest, a helmet, and was in a wide bike lane far to the right. Thank God that the second driver prevented a deadly second attack. I hope for well covered trial. You know that the court gallery will be filled with people in cycling gear everyday. Hopefully the CHP has the photos from the next intersection to do a 5 AM raid with SWAT due to the driver's level of violence. It is in my estimation it's someone such as a bartender who works until 3 AM.

Last edited:
I hope he had mini camera's on his ride and they captured all the evidence to drop the hammer on that no good ^^*(_)*&^^ driver.

I am thankful Matt posted his mini camera set up for his bike, I can say they work perfectly and provides very sharp clear photo's/video's from the front and back traffic views of the bikes trip.. Thanks Matt.

I hope the guy has a fast problem free recovery and get's his day in court to deal with that driver..

The driver will have body damage to the SUV. Where will he take it? The rider's DNA will be on it, or under it, If it is washed off then that is obstruction and evidence tampering. That angry SUV guy is in deep Sh*t. I will bet he is avoiding that same route after work. And, that is where to find him, on a parallel to the south at exactly the same time in the morning. Jailtime with public exposure and humiliation to send a strong message and to punish the crime is in order. The civil suit should come first for damages to the ridder so the SUV guy can't afford criminal representation and does not have a clean shirt or any peaceful place to sleep before his sentencing to prison. What a vile scum.

We will only ride wearing hi-vis outerwear.

It is amazing how traffic stops for us when we come to an intersection.

Be safe! Be seen!
I really like dayglow orange gloves with reflective finger tips and wrist bands. What is weird is that if he had been riding in all black, with no lights, he wouldn't have been noticed by the attacker. Maybe he was too bright and blinding. My buddy said, 'You never know; maybe the cyclist just sexually abused the drivers daughter'. Then he said, 'If that were the case, I would do the same and finish the job.' On its face it looks like attempted murder, for the 'crime' of riding a bike in a bike lane. Maybe pre-planned, and pre-meditated, if they both take the same route at the same time every day.

I read the article, was his mom with him on the bike? How does she know what the driver of the SUV said?

Anyhow, this is a sad story. I hope the asshole gets caught. This is exactly why a mirror was the first thing I added to my bike.
Maybe the victim heard what the driver said, and then told his mom?

I really like dayglow orange gloves with reflective finger tips and wrist bands. What is weird is that if he had been riding in all black, with no lights, he wouldn't have been noticed by the attacker. Maybe he was too bright and blinding. My buddy said, 'You never know; maybe the cyclist just sexually abused the drivers daughter'. Then he said, 'If that were the case, I would do the same and finish the job.' On its face it looks like attempted murder, for the 'crime' of riding a bike in a bike lane. Maybe pre-planned, and pre-meditated, if they both take the same route at the same time every day.
Premeditated killing has no mercy. That makes the threat become bigger than the killing itself.

Here is a strange but true. Happened in my hometown last summer. A Flash News Reporter interviewed a cyclist, who while biking to work that morning, had been unexpectedly “clotheslined” by a nearly invisible Cat 5 cable strung across a trail bridge.

The guy got expected abrasions, bruises, etc., but survived his heroic episode. No broken bones — taking the hit and saving the life of some other unsuspecting biker. He said he felt a premonition just before hitting the cable that made him slam his brakes almost in time.

You already know where this is going.

Every day a snippet of the tragedy and the heroism hit the news again. The hero is heard expressing his concern that the bridge must be closed to all biking traffic — scores of bikes every day on this well used commuter path Are all at risk until the perpetrator is caught.

Yes, it happened: every bikers’ anxiety and fears all the next week became suddenly realized when the same guy took another clothesline hit.

2 days later, when our hero exits the hospital police arrest him for terrorism. He admitted he was seeking publicity and achieved his goal.

Lesson learned: Always follow someone else across a bridge.😜😵

Back