Addmotor's new mid drive 1000W split rear differential trike

DashRiprock

Read it and weep boys... ;)

If Addmotor throws this upgraded motor, mid drive and split differential in to their dual rider Soletri/Herotri already boasting a heavy duty frame and front/rear suspension?

I can hear the crying already. ;)

^^^^^ Forgot about the whole leverage lifting (basic work) ignorance that we have here in the free wold. Ditto concerning our expectation that adding a 3rd wheel/features shouldn't trigger weight penalties or that well built frames should all be made of carbon fiber and cost pennies.
Wild guess that the Chinese simply work their asses off every single day as compared to the rest of the world while 'somehow' getting around the realities above to not only survive but have fun.

Funny how a calculating mind works when it is either forced or desires...which a whole lot of minds aren't bothering to discover today (let the video game or AI/virtual reality do it for you).

Nice word salad. I'm not the target market by any means but I have a hard time seeing how this would be the best option for many people.

For emobility most would be better served by smaller, lighter, cheaper options. Even in the same class something like the Evelo Compass(with dual battery option) is better specced, more maneuverable, 30 lbs lighter, still has 350lb rider+80lb cargo capacity, and comes from a respected company with a real comprehensive warranty for about $200 more.

If cargo and transportation are the main use case, once you get to this size/weight actual 3 wheel scooters probably make more sense for a little more money and weight. Far more capable vehicle
1000000883.png

I suppose that when you are the type of person who greets fellow forum members with:
"Nice word salad"
...you are probably plenty used to exposing your general attitude as such to all...so here goes it:
Nice word salad. I'm not the target market by any means but I have a hard time seeing how this would be the best option for many people.
Best option versus what?...your local company's bike below?
For emobility most would be better served by smaller, lighter, cheaper options.
A smaller etrike frame, footprint and/or wheelbase is not better nor in most instances safer for obvious reasons. Ditto for lighter. Cheaper is the Lectric XP story in a nutshell with some of the same compromises found in your (cough) 'apples for apples' comparison. You get what you pay for.
Even in the same class something like the Evelo Compass(with dual battery option) is better specced, more maneuverable, 30 lbs lighter, still has 350lb rider+80lb cargo capacity, and comes from a respected company with a real comprehensive warranty for about $200 more.
The Compass is not even close to being in the same class as this groundbreaking Grandtran M340T and you full well realize this.
Let's take a look at the specs.:

Evelo Compass Specs:
  • Motor: 500w Mid-Drive versus 1000 watt mid-Drive
  • Motor Engagement: Cadence Pedal Assist, Throttle
  • Battery: 48v 10.5Ah versus 48v **20 Ah** capacity
  • Range: 40 Miles Max versus 85 miles Max
  • Top Speed: 20mph (I can easily do more than that on my heavier 750W Bafang driven fully framed Soletri front drive)
  • Gearing: 3 Speed Internal Hub versus 7 gears (did you even read the specs. of this new Grandtran M340T or note also the hugely helpful split rear differential ALONE setting it apart from your horse in the race?
  • Brakes: 180mm Mechanical Disc Brakes (2x)
  • Extras: Rear Basket with Wood Deck, Full 3 Fenders, Front+Rear Automatic Lights, Brake Lights, Reflective Tires, 2-wheel Drive, Full Chain Guard, Parking Brake, Ergonomic Grips, Comfort Saddle, Dual Battery Ready

If cargo and transportation are the main use case, once you get to this size/weight actual 3 wheel scooters probably make more sense for a little more money and weight. Far more capable vehicle
View attachment 156138
If you can't differentiate between epedal bikes and emopeds then...yes...why would we argue with your approaching everything new and everybody sharing new etrike introductions with the greeting:
"Nice word salad"(???)
I'll save your post and have folks refer to it when they're looking at new groundbreaking etrike offerings:
"Heck you don't need no stinkin' pedals...just go buy a moped!.." ;)

Last edited:
I would make the above comparisons and much more should Addmotor someday throw all of the Grandtran M340T features in to the Soletri/Herotri...yet things would get downright embarrassing as many who did not want to even throw a challenger against the latter quickly discovered (see above). ;)

It got real quiet.

One other point that probably should be mentioned when 'weight' is thrown around is the fact that I can fairly easily lift my Soletri in to the back of my comparatively high 1/2 ton 4WD truck by myself.
This is why a lot of us are attracted to this class of fully framed etrikes such as the Soletri/Herotri.
Their frames are built like brick poop houses in comparison to most, boast infinite modification possibilities, *ride comfortably* and haul large loads long distances.
Can everyone lift them in to a truck if they have zero experience in leveraging weight (ie. simply working with their hands/minds/thinking outside the box)...no.
Yet for those willing to view these new Addmotors for what they are (nothing fancy yet innovative) they might just be worth a test ride or roll of the dice gamble.
I did the latter and couldn't be happier for $2900 delivered.

QUIET? Here's two youngsters giggling and falling over grandpa's ride.
"this thing is dangerous' {like the old honda ICE Trike = banned}
QUIET? Here's two youngsters giggling and falling over grandpa's ride.
"this thing is dangerous' {like the old honda ICE Trike = banned}
Kyle really knows His stuff, be easy to make a drifter out of something like this,I had a trike got rid of it within a week- however some People can simply ride these things, I do believe the Guys and Gals at Lectric have a good offering at a reasonable price.I used to try to ride the old Honda ATV would always tangle with a rear tire and either wreck or get pulled off,"Ackerman" would be proud.

Wait what? A a split differential Bafang Ultra powered Trike! Pure insanity!
This is not grandpa's trike and i love it! I do think the blood will spill with a few buyers who dont know what they are getting into but..

I would hate to try and stop this thing in an emergency. It must similar to my old 53' CJ-3 after crossing a creek.

I don't know, but if you keep talking that mid drive trike down the price might get low enough that I'd buy one. 🥴

I would hate to try and stop this thing in an emergency. It must similar to my old 53' CJ-3 after crossing a creek.
If they were looking to meet a price point i would have taken some hydraulic breaks over the rear basket/box, they could have just made the box an over priced accessory like every one else does. Maybe they have a reason for going with mechanical?

Dont think I ever had one as a kid, the unmowed grassy slope that was the front yard was real close to a "snake harbor", finally learned to ride a 2 wheeler around 12 yrs of age:rolleyes: seriously. My brief 5 minute stint on a trike showed me death was in the cards"La Morte"

I don't know, but if you keep talking that mid drive trike down the price might get low enough that I'd buy one. 🥴
I'm hoping that they jack it up significantly if Addmotor morphs everything (the more powerful 1000W motor, the new mid-drive and the groundbreaking split rear diff) in to their Soletri/Herotri.
That should temper the crush of those suddenly wanting one just as bad as we both do and increase our odds of getting one sooner. ;)

Dude you are the most toxic thing on this forum. You pull out the trump card everytime someone has a valid point and you degrade them. If anyone slightly has a negative point (justified point worth talking about like an adult), you selectively quote them to make you sound better. Also on your repeat post of this were you are taunting people, you misquoted the addmotor site to declare a 3100 cell battery.
First of all that is wrong it is a 3200 cell battery. (according to the site, check, prove me wrong. or edit your post to make you look smart)
Second of all what the f is a 3200 cell battery? did they mean 3200 mah? Because if that is the case those are the 18650 cells that are becoming obsolete.
You have not addressed this one yet. Is it because you have no idea? You seem to know everything out there, how could you make such an honest mistake of a fat finger like this one. And no answer about the battery cells.

I'm hoping that they jack it up significantly if Addmotor morphs everything (the more powerful 1000W motor, the new mid-drive and the groundbreaking split rear diff) in to their Soletri/Herotri.
That should temper the crush of those suddenly wanting one just as bad as we both do and increase our odds of getting one sooner. ;)
the motor they have is more powerful than what you are saying. Once again, you are wrong. Why are you so wrong and so confident.

Last edited:
Back