Instructions please!!!!!!!!!!!

Texacat

Hey there fellow Wallke X3 PRo owners! Am I the only one who has purchased this bike with ZERO ebike knowledge? surely not?!
There are no 'real' instructions about anything for these beautiful bikes....for example the 'helpful' instruction manual describes in 6 words what to do with the tires - "inflate the tires to the proper pressure".........erm WHAT?! could you indicate the best piece of kit to do this with, and any necessary attachment so I can purchase the right thing (my current bicycle pumps aren't compatible) and what IS the 'proper pressure' please?!!!!!!!!!!!! no mention of that in the specs or anywhere else. Also, is it the same pump to add air to the suspension??? I have read various posts on here about the 'advanced' menu on the display - how on earth did you even know there's an advanced menu and yes! how do you find it? I consider myself an extremely capable, intelligent person but this whole thing is making me question myself!
I have had many people helpfully suggest downloading the manual online from my bike manufacturer - er, nope, nothing on the website except some great video links that show you how to put it together out of the box (basically put the wheel and handlebars on) and rightfully brag on how great the bike is..............
Is my only option to go find an ebike shop and employ someone there to give me some lessons?

Try YouTube. A search for the Wallke X3 PRo listed about half a dozen videos. Not sure if they are of any help but it's a start.

In my experience bike maintenance is not normally covered in the bike owners' manuals. However there are a lot of online resources, as well as the Maintenance and Repair Section of this blog. Park Tool also has a library of free articles and videos covering just about every topic related to bike mechanics.

As to your question re tire pressure, it should be moulded into the tire sidewall as is also common with automotive tires. It's usually a range of pressures that the rider selects based on bike load and riding conditions. Tire pressure will also vary by tire manufacturer so always check the tire markings.

Judging by the web sites pics your new bike has Schrader valves for the tires. Any Schrader valve compatible bicycle tire pump will do. I am surprised that none of your existing bicycle pumps won't work. Do the valves look like the Schrader in this pic?
2Pcs-Bike-Valve-Adapter-Set-Presto-Valve-to-Schrader-Valve-to-Presta-Valve-Converter-Bicycle-T...jpg

Tire pressure pumps are generally not compatible with the pressures needed for air suspension shocks. The shock manufacturer may recommend a pump for this though there are number of models commercially available. Google "air shock pump" to get started with this.

Can't help with your questions re the display. The videos @Marci jo mentioned may cover this. Perhaps a post specific to this issue will get you the info you want.

Hey there fellow Wallke X3 PRo owners! Am I the only one who has purchased this bike with ZERO ebike knowledge? surely not?!
There are no 'real' instructions about anything for these beautiful bikes....for example the 'helpful' instruction manual describes in 6 words what to do with the tires - "inflate the tires to the proper pressure".........erm WHAT?! could you indicate the best piece of kit to do this with, and any necessary attachment so I can purchase the right thing (my current bicycle pumps aren't compatible) and what IS the 'proper pressure' please?!!!!!!!!!!!! no mention of that in the specs or anywhere else. Also, is it the same pump to add air to the suspension??? I have read various posts on here about the 'advanced' menu on the display - how on earth did you even know there's an advanced menu and yes! how do you find it? I consider myself an extremely capable, intelligent person but this whole thing is making me question myself!
I have had many people helpfully suggest downloading the manual online from my bike manufacturer - er, nope, nothing on the website except some great video links that show you how to put it together out of the box (basically put the wheel and handlebars on) and rightfully brag on how great the bike is..............
Is my only option to go find an ebike shop and employ someone there to give me some lessons?

The standard tires we offer on our bikes come with a rated maximum pressure. We recommend using a pressure that is at least 20% less than the maximum as this will provide added suspension and diminish the shock and vibration the bike has against the road. The rated maximum pressure is 30 psi.

How to change the advanced' menu ?
Please kindly press the up and down along with power until you see OK on the screen then let go and press the up and down again until settings come up, you should now have access to advanced settings.

Here's the link of X3 Pro user manual:

How to install the pedal:

Is it the same pump to add air to the suspension??

We recommend you to use a bike high pressure shock pump.

Sorry about the inconvenience. We value every advice from you. We will upload some Wallke Ebike FAQ asap. Thank you for your time and effort.

30 psi is max, and is a hard Ride. Experiment with 25 you can always let air out and see how the ride feels. Tire pressure is on the side wall of the tire. You can inflate a little less for a more forgiving ride. You can to any Walmart or target for a regular bike pump. inflation info is always on the side wall of any tire ...

Last edited:
Inflate to 30 psi max, it’s on the side wall of the tire. You can inflate a little less for a more forgiving ride. You can to any Walmart or target for a regular bike pump. inflation info is always on the side wall of any tire ...
if you are a newbie folks here can help but most any bike shop that services bikes and ebikes should be able to help too, just open your open google maps on your phone and type in bike shop or use yelp to find bike shops That are nearby. Personall I use this inflator from Amazon - does everything works o 110v regular home outlet or cig lighter plug in your car
Prow Electric Air Compressor Tire Inflator AC/DC Portable for Car – DC 12V, Home – AC 110V, Upscale, with Digital Pressure Gauge, Air Pump for Car Tires, Motorcycle, Bike, Basketball and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YDY729D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_rEDtFbFHECGE6

Wakauto Barrel Bike Floor Pump Professional High-Pressure Floor Pumps Inflator Bicycle Tire Pump for Bike Tire https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863K575K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_IJDtFbS48X34T

Do you know when it’ll be available to order? The reason we needed one was that we inadvertently let the air out of the shocks on one of the ebikes when using a pressure gauge!!! (because we wrongly thought an issue we later learned was due to the headset being very wobbly post shopping was due to the shocks)...

Do you know when it’ll be available to order? The reason we needed one was that we inadvertently let the air out of the shocks on one of the ebikes when using a pressure gauge!!! (because we wrongly thought an issue we later learned was due to the headset being very wobbly post shopping was due to the shocks)...
You need an air suspension pump. They are high pressure, low volume pumps designed to add and remove air precisely without air escaping. I use a RockShox pump I purchased from Amazon. Not too expensive. The way tire pumps work, the air will always escape from a shock. It is such a small volume and high pressure it only takes a split second to lose pressure. Never use an air compressor, you can easily blow the seals. Air suspensions need a suspension pump.

Edit: this is the one I bought 5 years ago. Looks to be $10 more now.

There are cheaper options.

Last edited:
You need an air suspension pump. They are high pressure, low volume pumps designed to add and remove air precisely without air escaping. I use a RockShox pump I purchased from Amazon. Not too expensive. The way tire pumps work, the air will always escape from a shock. It is such a small volume and high pressure it only takes a split second to lose pressure. Never use an air compressor, you can easily blow the seals. Air suspensions need a suspension pump.

Edit: this is the one I bought 5 years ago. Looks to be $10 more now.

There are cheaper options.

I wondered how it was possible to achieve a certain PSI without all the air escaping. I need to get one of those. I may have missed it in the comments above , what would the maxium PSI the average air fork can withstand. I don't want to ruin these forks.

Also, I went to the brand's website (Partner) they have absolutely zero info on their forks as to how to set them up. I will say this though, I really love these air forks on my Wallke. It's a great riding suspension as far as I can tell.

I wondered how it was possible to achieve a certain PSI without all the air escaping. I need to get one of those. I may have missed it in the comments above , what would the maxium PSI the average air fork can withstand. I don't want to ruin these forks.

Also, I went to the brand's website (Partner) they have absolutely zero info on their forks as to how to set them up. I will say this though, I really love these air forks on my Wallke. It's a great riding suspension as far as I can tell.
Most air suspensions have a psi range. The range is determined by the travel the fork is capable of. Then you can adjust within that range for your load and terrain. My RockShox has a discrete label on the trailing side of one fork leg.

Bikes in general can be frustrating with the lack of instructions and documentation.

I don't own the same bike. Here's the label on my fork:

20200902_131719.jpg

Most air suspensions have a psi range. The range is determined by the travel the fork is capable of. Then you can adjust within that range for your load and terrain. My RockShox has a discrete label on the trailing side of one fork leg.

Bikes in general can be frustrating with the lack of instructions and documentation.

I don't own the same bike. Here's the label on my fork:

View attachment 64211

Thanks J.R. ! That gets me pointed in the right direction!

Back