Installing a short stem with high angle of attack on Creo with the future shock 2.0

RHG55

Region
USA
Hello,

I just bought a Specialized Creo Comp EVO size large and it is going to be delivered in a few days. I'm 66 years old and I'm considering using a short stem with a high angle of attack, in order to increase the hight and reduced the horizontal reach of the handlebar.

I would appreciate any advise regarding what stem to use. I purchased a Specialized Comp Multi Stem (75 mm, 24 deg) but I was told that this stem may not work with the future shock 2.0.

Thanks

Hello,

I just bought a Specialized Creo Comp EVO size large and it is going to be delivered in a few days. I'm 66 years old and I'm considering using a short stem with a high angle of attack, in order to increase the hight and reduced the horizontal reach of the handlebar.

I would appreciate any advise regarding what stem to use. I purchased a Specialized Comp Multi Stem (75 mm, 24 deg) but I was told that this stem may not work with the future shock 2.0.

Thanks
I tried that on one of my bikes. I bought an Origin8 steep rise, short stem to see if I could get to a more upright position. It did get me more upright, but made the steering too fast and twitchy. I also had less leverage for trail riding (roots, rocks, etc...). A longer stem really slows the steering.

I wound up with this:

Screenshot_20210511-115452_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Still a steep rise at 40 degrees, but longer at 120mm. A happy medium for me.

This is probably one of those cases where it will be awesome if it works, but if it doesn't you won't be out that much money (unless the Specialized stem is over-the-top expensive).
Unless you find someone else who has actually installed that stem on a Specialized bike with future shock, you won't know if it works until you try it.
I've got a couple of stems in my parts drawer that I bought hoping they'd make my ride more comfortable, but they didn't.
I hope the stem works for you.

I tried that on one of my bikes. I bought an Origin8 steep rise, short stem to see if I could get to a more upright position. It did get me more upright, but made the steering too fast and twitchy. I also had less leverage for trail riding (roots, rocks, etc...). A longer stem really slows the steering.

I wound up with this:

View attachment 87257

Still a steep rise at 40 degrees, but longer at 120mm. A happy medium for me.
Which model XLC stem is this? I went down the rabbit hole bit on Amazon but couldn’t match it up!

Back