In love with my new Schwalbe Marathon tires

Allroads

Original Kenda Slant 3 "wides were fat, slow and noisy.
Ordered a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 468 SmartGuard MTB tires.
These are lighter, faster, noiseless and almost puncture proof. Fill them up to 60 psi and I glide on water.
A pleasurable ride worthy of ownership.

I put those on my old cyclocross bike for winter commuting. They were nice, but heavy - really heavy. They did slow me down noticeably. However, if you have an electric bike then that's not really a factor and yes I'd agree they're a fantastic tire. Especially for a rear hub motor where it can be a huge pain to change the rear tire, so the extra flat protection makes it a great tire for that.

As much as I like the tire, for my Creo I don't think I'll bother, too heavy.

A very durable touring tire. They don't make them very wide for ebikes though. Rated to have reasonable rolling resistance as well, can't comment on weight. They're surely thicker than a standard tire for sure - has the flat-proof liner under the tread. I do like the reflective sidewall.

I bought them for my Explore, then replaced them right away with Big Apple(s), which only have their 'race guard' protection, level 3 or 4 I think. The Apple are 700cx2.3. Two layers of nylon vs their proprietary flat proofing on the marathon and marathon plus - level 7 flat protection. IIRC they are only available up to 1.75" width. They look really skinny compared to the apples, the latter really cushy and fast - they're part of their 'performance line'.

These are rated as 47mm, or 1.75", her bike. They surely don't look it. Second pic are the Big Apple tires, 2.3", his bike.

Back