Imbalance fault error code 202

Stevesum1

Region
United Kingdom
I've a brand new e sensium 500....... after first charge has now gone into fault 202 mode. Have dealer cables and new update files etc but will not clear fault....... help

Hi, did you get the 202 error solved? I get this error when I attach the range extender battery and switch It on. The iwoc button flashes purple and I have to switch everything off and unattach the range extender to get the bike working normally. The motor is fine as long as I don't attach the range extender.

Grant59: I had this problem with the range extender battery on my Colnago e64. I managed to get round it for a while by charging the range extender and the bike separately, but eventually this failed. I spoke to my Colnago dealer and he swapped the range extender under warranty. Excellent service from WindWave - the UK Colnago agent!

Thanks Pidge, I bought the extender online which makes returning a bit of a problem but there is a Cannondale dealer about 20 miles away and I'll see if they can help. I've been experimenting with charging different ways but the fault code remains with the flashing purple iwoc switch. The funny thing is, it still does what it's supposed to do and charges the main battery under use. Thanks again.

Good luck! Since getting my replacement extender, I have been charging to separately, and also ensuring I dont over-charge it. Not sure if that was the reason for the problem, but it seems to make some sense to me.

I realize I'm coming into this conversation a bit late, but I had a similar problem with the range extender (Orbea) I bought for use with my Cannondale Quick Neo SL 2. I found the files needed to upgrade the range extender and correct the 201 error I experienced. For Pidge and Grant 59: I was getting the same purple flashing IWOC Switch you were...but once I installed the files, both batteries balanced well and I never got the purple IWOC Switch light again. Please advise if you would like me to attach the files that worked for me. Best Regards.

Hi Craig, the local cannondale dealer updated the software for me and it has been working fine since. Just out of curiosity how did you manage to install the files yourself? I was under the impression that you needed the dealer app to do this, if not I will be in touch if it happens again. My range extender is also orbea.Thanks for the update.

Hi Craig, the local cannondale dealer updated the software for me and it has been working fine since. Just out of curiosity how did you manage to install the files yourself? I was under the impression that you needed the dealer app to do this, if not I will be in touch if it happens again. My range extender is also orbea.Thanks for the update.
Hello Grant, my local bike shop (where I bought the bike) couldn't find the files needed to upgrade the extender...at first. Independently, I wrote to the Mahle email line, and they sent me the .bin files needed to upgrade the extender. Next, I went back to the bike shop with those files and asked if I could watch the whole process. They were very obliging...especially since I gave them the files. We used their dealer app (so, I really didn't do this all by myself) to get the job done. And, they didn't charge me for it since I gave them the files.

I'm still trying to figure out two things. First, where to buy the cable needed (the GCU) to do this myself. Second, how to find a sponsor to activate the Dealer App I downloaded. I would love to be able to update the firmware on my bike by myself....but that's a goal that will take some time. Best regards Grant!!

Thanks Craig, the Cannondale dealer had to get the cable from cannondale and the files. I don't understand why they don't allow owners to update the firmware, it would save a lot of hassle. G.

Back