Im after a good qualty long lasting hub motor kit with batery

Tomblue

I want to build a bike for comuting 10 kilometers per day and looking at 500 watt range, reliable good quality
I want peddle and hand throttled .it will be instaled on a comfortable bike for my wifes 40th birthday.
Can you recomend a complete kit for me ?

Any kit with a Bafang/8Fun motor is usually good. There are other brands that might be stronger, but often they lack the support network. Where are you located?

Mornington peninsula south of melbourne Victoria Australia.
8fun seems to be the only mid drive setup I can find for a decent price there are some cheaper ones that look the same on eBay but I don't know whether it's worth taking the risk buying one

Also most or all advertised prices for ebike kits don't include a battery I was wondering if it's a waste of time and money putting a 20 amp power on the bike or should I go with an 11

I am confused your post says hub drive, but it looks like you are now talking mid-drive? Bafang does make hub motor kits as mentioned by slomoshun

My Bafang rear geared hub motor just lost a Hall sensor with 1600 miles on it. Up to you if that is reliable enough.

Contact Lectric cycles in Las Vegas. They are one of the leading distributors of eBike kits. Great folks as well.

'm thinking of going for a mid mount BBS 02 500 w 36 volt or maybe 48 volt I can only assume that one slightly better going up hills what are your thoughts. 'm not not 100% sold yet from what I'm finding from reviews above 500 w the rear sprockets and chains can cop a fair bit of damage

'm thinking of going for a mid mount BBS 02 500 w 36 volt or maybe 48 volt I can only assume that one slightly better going up hills what are your thoughts. 'm not not 100% sold yet from what I'm finding from reviews above 500 w the rear sprockets and chains can cop a fair bit of damage
ebike.ca is a reputable company out of Canada also known as grin tech. Check them out, I think you will find what you're looking for as far as hub kits go they have a lot of choices and are very good guys to deal with. Good luck. As for batteries l would check out Luna Cycles but ebike.ca also carries batteries they are a little more pricey on them than Luna Cycles and I've had good luck with Luna so far. I highly recommend both companies. Luna Cycles also has some good deals on the mid drives.

I want to build a bike for comuting 10 kilometers per day and looking at 500 watt range, reliable good quality
I want peddle and hand throttled .it will be instaled on a comfortable bike for my wifes 40th birthday.
Can you recomend a complete kit for me ?

Tom, your requirements for your distance & weight being carried appear to be minimal. Assuming your wife is 150 lbs. or less & wanting to do a 10 km commute can be achieved with even the most basic kit on the market. You don't need a tank or semi-transport truck - just a little assist. This can be accomplished by installing a 250/350 watt kit & a 10 amp/hr. battery will give you lots of reserve & keep the added weight of your bike to a minimum. This will also eliminate the biggest cause of reliability problems in your driveline - too much power. Send me a message if I can help. - https://mid-islandadventures.weebly.com/electric-assist-kits.html

Back