I want to build a fat tire e-bike

Hairball

I may become a dealer of the soul stomper fat tire line and they are dipping their toes into the e-bike market soon... They don't as of yet wholesale an e-bike because of the consumer protection service hasn't issued them a stamp of approval yet.

They have options of aluminum or steel frames...
Is one better than the other for attaching a mid drive?
I have read that mid drives should only be attached to steel, but others say it is okay with aluminum frames... What say you?
https://soulbeachcruisers.com/soul-stomper/

The bottom bracket tube can flare out or wear from the mid drive mount if it is aluminum. It ruins the threads, but most don't care about damaging them.

From the soulbeachcruiser website..."We won’t waste our time or your hard earned money using garbage hub drive motors."

Funny! Nice looking bikes. I have never read that the Bafangs should go on steel. I have my 750W BBS02 on an aluminum frame. The threads are not used with a Bafang install, and most people don't plan to return the bike to stock. If so, a bike shop could chase the threads with a tool.

Buyers might perceive a fatbike to be of better quality with an aluminum frame. Most people will have to trailer them to find a beach, and the weight savings when lifting becomes a small feature.

What I had read was the teeth of the plate that bite into the BB to keep it stable, wear out the aluminum to the point the motor swivels a bit.

Back