I passed the 1,000 mile mark on my Pedego City Commuter this week!

FitzChivalry

That represents 26 round trips to work, and a 90% reduction in the amount of CO2 that I released into the environment vs. having driven my car those same miles.

1000-miles-pedego-city-commuter.jpg

That's impressive... Really, quite the accomplishment man! Not just for your health but also the wear on your car and impact on the environment. Any stories or tips you want to share from all that electric bike commuting? You're practically a seasoned veteran now ;)

Unfortunately, as long as we continue breathing, we are adding to the CO2 in the atmosphere. Also, and maybe worse, is our flatulence. Cattle are blamed for a lot of methane emission, but 8 billion people farting can't be a good thing. Even if we captured that methane and burned it, the CO2 level would increase as a result.

Unfortunately, as long as we continue breathing, we are adding to the CO2 in the atmosphere. Also, and maybe worse, is our flatulence. Cattle are blamed for a lot of methane emission, but 8 billion people farting can't be a good thing. Even if we captured that methane and burned it, the CO2 level would increase as a result.
A space alien reading that would immediately see the solution: Eat up the cattle and the humans, capture any resulting farts, and release them into space on trips back to the mothership.

Capturing farts is not as easy as it sounds.
Assuming that an advanced civilization capable of plundering Earth for food has also mastered fart capture for the well-being of their crews. For all we know, NASA has, too.

But enough of farts. Congrats to the OP! We should all be doing what we can to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Back