I need to know about e bikes

dogdad

Hi ,Has anyone heard of xtream fattire e bikes ,out of Deerfield beach ,FL. I cant find much about them but for their FB ,and ads . I am 66 ,,250 lb. 6: 2; ,and want to have a fat tire e bike for country and in town

You are looking for Xtreme, not X-treme. X-treme - no models with fat tire.

Another company - Xtreme Warrior Fat Tire, do have fatties. In fact, they have nothing but fatties: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). Doesn't look like a higher-end maker, but you're probably not looking to pay 3K or 4K. The motor is 1,000-1,200W... well, for off-roading this is nice. On the road (country road, whatever), and without serious hills in Florida, you won't need more than 500W, and your battery will last longer then. Also, I have some prejudice to their front-heavy layout, with motor in front. This is a common feature on cheaper bikes, lowers the costs but affects the handling. They are saying that front drive is better for off-roading, - maybe, yes, but it doesn't sound like you'll be doing off-roading. Looks like Deerfield FL is their hub and the company mailing address. Not sure if they have any dealers anywhere else.

You might also check Big Cat: https://www.bigcatbikes.com/collections/electric-bikes. Also a lower-end maker. They have a few 4" fatties, a few 2.3" cruiser-style tires - thinner than 4" fat but wider than skinny 1.5" commuter bikes. You might consider cruising tire, btw. Should be alright on country roads.
At this age you might also consider a step-through frame like on their Long Beach models - either 4" tire, or 2.3" .

I realize that a "country" in Florida can be swampy, but if it needs a gas-powered 4WD or ATV, then ebike will be a pain, even with fat tires.

Last edited:
Thanks ,I am in NC ,with lots of hills and MT .trails . I was looking at the Xtream fat tire bikes ,they are on the low end ,bur are they good bikes ? I want the 1000 + W. for the power . They call it all wheel drive,but how are they for on road stuff ?

Yes, they call it all wheel drive: "you just add a little pedaling and you have an all wheel drive bike" :). They also tell in every one of their models that their front-wheel placement of motor is the best thing in the world. Not an objective measure, but too much sales pitch is not a good sign, usually.

Font wheel is powered with motor and rear wheel - with your muscles, so - yes, this would make it a two-wheel drive if both wheels were spinning more-less at the same speed. Though when throttle and pedals are not synchronized - I don't see pedal-assist mention anywhere, adding the right amount of "a little pedaling" can be tricky.

On the road? Front motor is not a good thing, on the road. Neither are 4" tires and missing PAS. They don't mention the motor brand and battery - another warning sign to me. I better stop here, talking about bike that I haven't seen. Try finding some reviews.

"On the road? Front motor is not a good thing, on the road."

Just wondering what experience you have that would support this? I agree that 4" tires on the road aren't great but my experience with my front hub motors, albeit with 28" wheels, is that they do very well on the road, and off, utilizing the two-wheel drive method of balancing human pedaling and motor assistance which I don't think would work well with PAS actually.

I am not saying that front hubs are the best thing in the world by any means, but set up correctly it is a valid drive system that doesn't get the credit it deserves.

To the OP let it be known that Direct Drive hubs, especially those with cheap low Amp controllers, will get hot using full power for longer spurts needed to climb hills and bad things will happen to your connectors, controller or inside the motor. If you plan on low-mid speed plonking around in your area you will probably be better off with a mid drive and for your budget that means a Bafang which are popular and well supported. One can be fit on a fat bike easily, just make sure you get the right width for your bb.

JRA, those extra 7-9 lbs in front are good for weight distribution, but the traction will be affected. This will be felt more with powerful 1,000-1,200W motors that they have.

Xtreme don't tell what motor they use, direct drive or geared hub. By the size of it, looks like geared hub but I can't be sure. They don't tell anything about their other components, either. Maybe, nothing there to brag about? ;)

On the road, my biggest gripe with this bike would be the missing PAS. (Unless they just forgot to mention it in specs).

Last edited:
"JRA, those extra 7-9 lbs in front are good for weight distribution, but the traction will be affected. This will be felt more with powerful 1,000-1,200W motors that they have."

After a couple of thousand miles on these 1,240w peak bikes I do like the overall weight distribution of the bikes handling wise. Traction on very loose surface steep terrain has to be paid attention to but by pedaling a complementary gear to the amount of power the hub is getting so as to keep the wheels rotating in close to the same rpm as stated and proper body weight positioning it is not a problem. Otherwise the front wheel pulling works on the same basic principal as a front wheel drive car.

D903BC73-77F7-4447-A522-D4CFD35BF228.jpg

Back