I just bought an Ebike!

"I thought the Class system on ebikes in CA limited the speed to 20 MPH using a throttle, assuming that is what you meant by "under its own power"? "

Many imports from China do not follow the Class 1-3 definitions. Some like Rad do, but I believe their speed restrictor is easily bypassed. Even so, most 36V hub motor ebikes will top out around 20 mph on throttle even without a speed limiter. Hence they meet class 2 by default.

Shifty's bike is 48V, and other owners of that model have reported a top speed of 28 mph too. The speedpmeter probably reads a little high, but these bikes are capable of speeds over 25 mph, with no speed restrictors.

I've got a $779 Ecotric 20" fat tire bike in my garage, and it can push 250 pounds of bike/rider to 25 mph on throttle alone with 48V.

Similar:

Wow, all I can say is what a waste of resources...

1589655523754.png

I would venture to guess the OP is a seller of these bikes. Reads like a generic fake review on Amazon. If the review is legit looking forward to the update in a few months. Lots of people are happy with their cheap e-bikes and hopefully that's the case for the OP If he is actually a legit buyer but I am extremely skeptical.

I would venture to guess the OP is a seller of these bikes. Reads like a generic fake review on Amazon. If the review is legit looking forward to the update in a few months.
Lots of people are happy with their cheap e-bikes and hopefully that's the case for the OP If he is actually a legit buyer but I am extremely skeptical.

Good point... only 2 posts so far from the OP.

Congrats and welcome to EBR.

Ok, I should have said "manufactured" which still means nothing. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner was manufactured in the USA, but in reality Boeing makes almost NOTHING for this plane. The cockpit is made in China, the struts that hold the wings on are made in Israel, and the center section (between the cockpit and tail) is made by Italians at their Alenia plant, (I know because I was a contract Quality Engineer sent there in Jan. 2008). Almost nothing is made in the USA anymore. I a have China made refrig, washer, dryer, oven, dishwasher, air conditioner, TV, and most of my gaming computer parts, which I built, come from China. If you buy a high end car that has a Harman Kardon stereo, it is built in China. If you go to the Harman Kardon site, their German built products are only Home Audio, nothing for car audio is on their site.
Many imports from China do not follow the Class 1-3 definitions. Some like Rad do, but I believe their speed restrictor is easily bypassed. Even so, most 36V hub motor ebikes will top out around 20 mph on throttle even without a speed limiter. Hence they meet class 2 by default.

Shifty's bike is 48V, and other owners of that model have reported a top speed of 28 mph too. The speedpmeter probably reads a little high, but these bikes are capable of speeds over 25 mph, with no speed restrictors.

I've got a $779 Ecotric 20" fat tire bike in my garage, and it can push 250 pounds of bike/rider to 25 mph on throttle alone with 48V.
Thank you! My Seagull maxes out at 28.5 mph on throttle alone. Will not go past this, even downhill.

Are you sure you cannot reach higher speeds when going downhill?
Does the bike freewheel or is there resistance from regeneration?

Are you sure you cannot reach higher speeds when going downhill?
Does the bike freewheel or is there resistance from regeneration?
Seems the motor acts as a governor, I sure that if I had switched it off, which is easily done while riding it would have gone faster, but 28 mph on a stiff light bike is actually kind of scary. I used to be a long time dirt biker, but dirt bikes are heavy, super suspension, etc., so, I wouldn't want to go faster than 28 on a light weight bike anyway>
Shifty

That's nothing.
Those bicycles are the least and very last concerns in China.
(if you're talking about waste of resources.)

The economic growth of China is just ridiculous.
Investors are spending multi-trillion $, to build cities.
Not just one of two, I'm talking about dozens, many of them have capacity to hold more population than Chicago.
If you search on Google or YouTube, there are lots of documentaries on China's ghost cities. Here are some pictures, NOBODY lives in these places.

Empty promises, empty offices - How Tianjin, once China's fastest ...'s fastest ...

Ghost city of China in southeast China where no-one wants to live ...

Is Chinese real estate going to slow or not? - MacroBusiness

Largest abandoned cities around the world - Insider
When the masses retake China's ghost towns | China Economic Review's ghost towns | China Economic Review
34 Pictures Inside The Startlingly Empty Ghost Cities Of China

Inside the Ghost Cities - ZED Books

Very interesting concept... If you build it they will come, eventually. ;)

Seems the motor acts as a governor, I sure that if I had switched it off, which is easily done while riding it would have gone faster, but 28 mph on a stiff light bike is actually kind of scary. I used to be a long time dirt biker, but dirt bikes are heavy, super suspension, etc., so, I wouldn't want to go faster than 28 on a lightweight bike anyway>
Shifty

Got it... stay safe.

getting the lectric xp-folding e-bike, I have read some annoying things about it, and am investing in some rather inexpensive upgrades. can change the settings to a class-3, 28mph-pedal assist, 20-40 mile range on a charge (500w) batt. It is made in china-like everything else, who cares? it cost $899.00. looking forward to getting it. thanx

Back