I just bought an Ebike!

Shifty

I bought a Ecotric Seagull. I bought this bike since it is made right here in California, it is not China Junk. Most Ebikes have 350 Watt motors powered by a 36V 8amp hour battery. The Seagull has a 1,000 Watt motor, a 48 volt battery and 13 amp hour battery. It easily will go 28 mph under it's own power and climbs my steep block at 20 mph. It is well built, A++, and worth the extra money. I added a rear bike basket, headlight and tail light. I got it thru Amazon with free shipping.

not sure how to tell you this but it is mass produced in china. the company is in California but the bikes parts and all the assembly is in china.

Just curious. Why do you think things that are made in China are junk? I wonder if any of the various parts on your new bike were made in China.
I was just stereotyping. China makes some fantastic things (especially electronics), but they also make a lot of junk. Plus, if you read the reviews, some E-bikes made in China have to be shipped back to China for major repairs, really...look at some of the reviews of ebikes on Amazon. At least Ecotric has good website and customer service including: a toll free (California) number and email. And, they answer/reply in a timely manner considering the Covid 19 interference. Maybe a one day delay. I bought a Chinese made rear basket (Pure Cycles Urban Rear Bike Cargo Rack, Black) from Amazon and look at what I (shifty) wrote on what was sent. ONE STAR JUNK.

I was just stereotyping. China makes some fantastic things (especially electronics), but they also make a lot of junk. Plus, if you read the reviews, some E-bikes made in China have to be shipped back to China for major repairs, really...look at some of the reviews of ebikes on Amazon. At least Ecotric has good website and customer service including: a toll free (California) number and email. And, they answer/reply in a timely manner considering the Covid 19 interference. Maybe a one day delay. I bought a Chinese made rear basket (Pure Cycles Urban Rear Bike Cargo Rack, Black) from Amazon and look at what I (shifty) wrote on what was sent. ONE STAR JUNK.
You didn't address that "made right here in California" comment there Shifty. Did you really pick it up at their factory? I'd guess that broken Chinese bikes go to the crusher. They make them by the millions, they don't want a $300 factory direct bike brought back to repair.

Made in California, that's so naive but cute.

Agreed.

Just like Apple... designed in California, made in China. ;)

1589655106704.png

Last edited:
this bikes does 28 easily under its own power? I would like to see that. this seems that it was more of a ad then anything else.

I thought the Class system on ebikes in CA limited the speed to 20 MPH using a throttle, assuming that is what you meant by "under its own power"? If instead, you meant that you can go 28 MPH by pedaling with assist, then that would explain it for a Class 3 ebike.

One of the sure signs that a bike is "Chinese junk" is that it is priced under $1,000. Looking at the list of components, it is obvious you get what you pay for. PT Barnum said it all.

Perhaps the OP will learn some manners?

One of the sure signs that a bike is "Chinese junk" is that it is priced under $1,000. Looking at the list of components, it is obvious you get what you pay for. PT Barnum said it all.

Perhaps the OP will learn some manners?

"Ignorance can be embarrassing, but does not often lead to a change in behavior." Voltaire

Back