I really like the Giant line of e-bikes.. I called the nearest dealer and was told they had Giant e-bikes on the showroom floor. I asked for the model I was interested in, the Stance-E and was rudely told they didn't carry that model nor would they ever. The guy told me they didn't want e-mountain bikes on, or tearing up their trails.. I'm looking for another dealer but may have to go w/ a different brand. As far as your crooked rear fender goes, I couldn't live with that either!

That's too bad. I wonder if Giant knows about their attitude. I don't think they would appreciate a sales loss like that.

My fender; With some readjustment and a hair dryer It straightened out fine. =D

It's been suggested that I write a letter to Giant about this.. Not sure if the guy I spoke with at the bike shop was the owner or perhaps a mechanic/purist mtn. biker. I don't even live close to that town so I wouldn't be riding oh "his" trails anyway

It's been suggested that I write a letter to Giant about this.. Not sure if the guy I spoke with at the bike shop was the owner or perhaps a mechanic/purist mtn. biker. I don't even live close to that town so I wouldn't be riding oh "his" trails anyway
This world has enough "challenges" in it already.
We shouldn't be crapping on each other regarding modes of eco transportation.

Hello, I have a question. My 2019 quick E+ seems to give me good assistance to about 10 mph. After that, it drops off. I can't get it to go very fast on flat or very slight inclines. My wife's scott with a bosch motor breezes by me on flat terrain. I have not been able to get it up to near 28 mph except for going down hill. Any thoughts?

Hello, I have a question. My 2019 quick E+ seems to give me good assistance to about 10 mph. After that, it drops off. I can't get it to go very fast on flat or very slight inclines. My wife's scott with a bosch motor breezes by me on flat terrain. I have not been able to get it up to near 28 mph except for going down hill. Any thoughts?

Check to see if any wires got knocked off of the sensors. Or if any of the magnetic pieces got knocked off or moved on the spokes. If nothing changes I would take it back to the LBS you got it from and have them take a look. 28 MPH takes considerable effort for me even in the sport modes, but what your experiencing at 10 MPH is cause for concern, but I bet it is an easy fix.

Well, after putting on 125 miles and thinking it may just be me (my first ebike), I went to my LBS and they called Giant who stated that they received a call about this very issue. My bike was in test mode and was limited in speed to about 9.5 MPH so testers would not crash at 20+ MPH. So my first 125 were in test mode and helped me strengthen my legs. After the fix (turn on bike, and hit the light button 5 times within six seconds), my bike now runs normal. I hit 27 MPH without trying. I am going to need to relearn how to ride it. Oh, there goes my great battery life as everything past 10 MPH was me pushing a 49LB brick ;) Thanks for the help and I look forward to this thread!

Thanks for update. I wonder if the demo mode could be used as theft delaying tactic or a ‘valet’ mode. I’ve always wished there could be a combo lock security mode where the assist could be completely deactivated and possibly have the lights flash if it were moved without unlocking.

Back