I compared the blackthorn and prestacycle tool pouches.

fooferdoggie

I just got the Prestacycle ratchet set in today so I did a quick comparison to the Blackburn one.
The blackburn is about 49.00 with a chain breaker and the Prestacycle 29.00 without the chain tool is 19.00 and lets you use the extension as a handle so it would be easier to use.
The pouch on the blackthorn does not hold the wrench well compared to the prestacycle pouch. Plus it does not come with a regular extension (I bought a prestacycle one for 6.00 before I realized the breaker bar for the chain tool is the extension).
Size-wise the prestacycle tool ratchet is much larger both have a socket in the end. But the extension on the prestacycle tool is adjustable and much longer so it would make it a great t handle if you need the leverage. Both of them feel smooth and work great. You also get more bits on the prestacycle both have a pouch for added tools. Either one of these are more useful as a regular tool than a multi-tool but you would need extra tools if you want a full set on your bike. I did not see the prestacycle tool at my local shop it was a bit hidden in the case. They had much more expensive sets in there.

IMG_4118.jpeg
IMG_4119.jpeg
IMG_4120.jpeg
IMG_4124.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 5.15.58 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-09-05 at 5.16.12 PM.png

Back