I am a Turbo Tero X 5.0 owner

Gaylween

Region
Europe
Hello everyone !

At the end of October 2023, I bought the Turbo Tero X 5.0 in the Oak Green color (absolutely gorgeous color by the way).

I wanted this kind of e-bike for my commute to work as my route is very hilly and mostly with very bad asphalt and a lot of potholes and bumps. I was used to ride a hardtail speedbike (e-bike 45km/h or 28mph) with a entry level suspended fork (Suntour SR) and the rides were more and more difficult to stand for me.

I was used to ride Bosch motor (Performance CX and Performance Speed) and I am very positively surprised by the Specialized 2.0 with this 70nm even if the consumption is a bit higher than my Bosch Speedbike. This motor is very quiet compared to the Bosch and very natural.

A thing that I changed recently: the front light. The Lezyne EBIKE SUPER STVZO E600 was not enough for my route. So I decided to upgrade with the same one installed on the Turbo Tero X 6.0 (1000 Lumens).

One thing that bothers me: the new Specialized App. I missed the Apple Watch integration for the heart rate monitor like the Bosch e-Connect App. So I bought a Polar OH1 arm heart rate monitor and I’m successfully connected with the Mastermind TCD but the heart rate is not showing on the records. Any thoughts on this issue ?

Thanks for reading me and I’m sorry for my English and all the errors.

IMG_4599.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg

Hi @Gaylween:
I am not sure whether the new Specialized App is fully developed yet:

I recommend you uninstall the Specialized App and immediately install Mission Control as long as it is available! (It might be discontinued very soon!). Mission Control works with the HRM such as Polar OH1.

Thanks for reading me and I’m sorry for my English and all the errors.
Everything is OK with your English (I am not a native English speaker, either). What country are you from?

So I decided to upgrade with the same one installed on the Turbo Tero X 6.0 (1000 Lumens).
Even with that I added a head mounted lamp for looking around corners and stuff.

So I bought a Polar OH1 arm heart rate monitor and I’m successfully connected with the Mastermind TCD but the heart rate is not showing on the records
Used to work in the old app but doesn't anymore. You can still use the app to customize the display on the bike and show HR right on the bike. I only care to judge if my effort is getting too high (or too low) so I don't mind that it won't record.

Hi @Gaylween:
I am not sure whether the new Specialized App is fully developed yet:

I recommend you uninstall the Specialized App and immediately install Mission Control as long as it is available! (It might be discontinued very soon!). Mission Control works with the HRM such as Polar OH1.

Everything is OK with your English (I am not a native English speaker, either). What country are you from?
I’m from Switzerland, the French part 😀

Thanks Stefan for your input. The reason I want the HRM with my Turbo Tero X is for the possibility to adjust the assistance based on the HR.

I tried yesterday to adjust the assistance on the HR but I never found the option in the Specialized App. Maybe this feature will be added in the near futur. Cross my finger 🤞🏻

Even with that I added a head mounted lamp for looking around corners and stuff.
I’m so used with the Supernova mini-Pro with it’s 1600 lumens that I’m now worried that the upgrade will not be enough. Well I will see and if needed I will add a rechargeable front light. Thanks for sharing this with me.

I tried yesterday to adjust the assistance on the HR but I never found the option in the Specialized App. Maybe this feature will be added in the near futur. Cross my finger 🤞🏻
Can you still download Mission Control? It works! I used OH1 with Mission Control Smart Control HR once in a while.
I have signed to the Specialized App Beta Tester programme but after I sent my application form, no more message from Specialized.

Oh, I forgot to share with you a little bug that I encountered with the Specialized App.

One day, after several days not using my bike, I decided to take it for my daily commute. I started it and after a little while I realized that I no longer had any assistance. Nothing. I tried to remove the battery and install it again. No luck. I tried to put the battery on charge. Still nothing. I called the bike shop, explained the issue and booked a slot at the workshop. The evening, I did some research on the web in the hope finding someone with the same issue.

The next day, I looked if I could find an error in the application that would explain that I no longer have assistance. I saw that all the cursors of the three assistance modes were at zero. So I chose a preconfigured motor settings and tada the assistance was back. Even today I don't know what exactly happened.

Beware you can only pair the bike to one app at a time. Usually it doesn't matter as long as you only launch one, but I accidentally launched the old one enough that I uninstalled it.

Also, if you assigned the Specialized App as a companion app, please uninstall it, or you won't connect to your Tero X with Mission Control.

Back