Hyperscorpion/Hyperscrambler-2 Reliability - Anyone Over 5,000 Miles?

BrendaEM

Region
USA
Hi,

(I'm new here)
I was wondering if anyone has 5,000 miles or more on their Hyperscorpion/Hyperscrambler 2.

I am interested in the bikes, but I am worried about reliability with the hub/motor because it has gears.
I also wondered if anyone tried replacing the grease in the hub?

Thank you : )

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest, but your reply doesn't answer the question.

Notwithstanding, many hub-motors are brushless and have no gears, which means they can be rebuilt with only with 2 races of bearings, and perhaps seals.

I don't see gears on Juiced site, and the motor gear is integral to the motor shaft. The wheel gear might be pressed in for keeps. I have not seen planetary gears, but it likely has them. Gears need lubrication. Perhaps they can be re-lubed after a while. I don't know, and I don't know what the manual says to do, probably just buy another wheel, and how long would that be.

How long will a Hyperscorpion/Hyperscrambler-2 hubmotor/wheelmotor last?
Hyperscorpion/Hyperscrambler-2 Reliability - Anyone Over 5,000 Miles?

Last edited:
They use Bafang motors so do a good search on that and you can even get the spec sheet. You don't have to be specific on the scorpion because many of their bikes and other use the same motors. Ingeneral a geared hub motor can last 5000 Miles under typical usage, but it depends a lot on how one uses it just like any motor. At one time you could get replacement gears sets (not from Juiced), have not looked recently.

I am still interested in some personal first-hand experience. Photos of the inside of one of their motors at a few thousand miles would be helpful, tool.
It is interesting that Juiced no longer offers gear sets, at least on their site. Thank you.

As a potential buyer, durability, replacement parts, and infrastructure are all important to me.

I have now 10,500+ miles on my HyperScorpion (arrived in Sept 2020) and finally the motor is... I don't know what it is. Makes a lot of noise. Bearings shot? See video.
Around 5,000 miles my battery overheated the contacts.
Break-pads need to be replaced regularly - every 300 miles probably (didn't really keep count, but you'll feel it right away when it is time).
I crashed several times but the bike has been holding up pretty well.
Rode the rear tire so long that the green rubber started appearing on it (I thought it was paint from the road...). Hahaha. I've had several flats, but so far much better now with Tuffy layers of rubbers in the tires. Worth the investment!

I'm clearly not a regular rider (don't have a car so many miles easily accrued). When i still had warranty I actually drove to their factory in Chula Vista (3 hours from Los Angeles) to get it repaired and checked out. Downside of not having a network of local dealerships (which is cheaper of course).

Overall, my impression is that the bike is reliable. After all those miles, something has to go wrong of course... Strangely enough never any problem with the chain!..

There's probably more. Ask me.

Greetings from Los Angeles

Last edited:
I have now 10,500+ miles on my HyperScorpion (arrived in Sept 2020) and finally the motor is... I don't know what it is. Makes a lot of noise. Bearings shot? See video.
Around 5,000 miles my battery overheated the contacts.
Break-pads need to be replaced regularly - every 300 miles probably (didn't really keep count, but you'll feel it right away when it is time).
I crashed several times but the bike has been holding up pretty well.
Rode the rear tire so long that the green rubber started appearing on it (I thought it was paint from the road...). Hahaha. I've had several flats, but so far much better now with Tuffy layers of rubbers in the tires. Worth the investment!

I'm clearly not a regular rider (don't have a car so many miles easily accrued). When i still had warranty I actually drove to their factory in Chula Vista (3 hours from Los Angeles) to get it repaired and checked out. Downside of not having a network of local dealerships (which is cheaper of course).

Overall, my impression is that the bike is reliable. After all those miles, something has to go wrong of course... Strangely enough never any problem with the chain!..

There's probably more. Ask me.

Greetings from Los Angeles
any problems wiith the fork?

Back