Do you want the Upgrades? (Choose an answer for each)

• Yes - Suspension Fork

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No - Suspension Fork

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Don't Care/I Don't Know - Suspension Fork

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - More Torque than Standard

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No - More Torque than Standard

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Don't Care/I Don't Know - More Torque than Standard

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Yes - Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • No - Hydraulic Disc Brakes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care/I Don't Know - Hydraulic Disc Brakes

• Yes - Rear Racks

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No - Rear Rack

• Don't Care/I Don't Know -- Rear Rack

• Yes - Mud Guards/Fenders

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No - Mud Guards/Fenders

• Don't Care/I Don't Know - Mud Guards/Fenders

• Total voters

Hagrid

Juiced Bikes Announced Upgrades to the HyperFat on their blog 5/3/2017 (3rd of May 2017)
http://www.juicedbikes.com/updates/2017/5/3/hyperfat-hf1000-update-for-pre-orders.html

I wanted to discuss the upgrades and see if any of you would chime in on my questions, confirm my stance on the upgrades, or provide alternative views for or against.

Suspension Fork:
Con: Added weight.
Pro: Free. Deals with variation better?
Comments: Its a free upgrade everyone gets so I don't see the harm. I'm working on getting a Hitch Bike Rack for two e-bikes and the added couple pounds or so shouldn't make or break it for me.

More Torque:
Quote: "The production HyperFat is set up with a 9T winding which was selected to target a top speed performance of 30+ mph with pedal assist, yet provide good hill climbing performance."
"For riders who are heavier or have more hills, we have a 12T motor winding option which provides more torque performance, but reduced top speed. The estimated top speed of around 25-26 mph with the 12T setup. With this option chosen, only the motor is changed everything else remains that same. "
Comments: I live around a lot of hills. I've ordered the OceanCurrent and the HyperFat. My understanding is the OceanCurrent has the same 500W Bafang motor as the U500 Utility bike, but in the rear wheel so its not going to potentially spin out on hills. If the OceanCurrent I get this month can deal with all the hills in my area shouldn't the 1000w normal 9T winding also suffice?

Hydraulic Disc Brakes:
Quote: "We have sourced Tektro Dorado HD-E715 which are regarded as one of the best Hydraulic disc brake systems designed for e-bikes."
"Upgrade to Tektro Hydrulic HD-E715 Disc Brakes (+$249)"
Comments: Everyone I've talked to in person is all about the Hydraulic Disc Brakes, but is it worth the $250? (~10% more for the bike if you're getting the bike with the 21Ah Battery for $2,198 - $2,347.00.)

Frame Sizes:
I'm 6'2" so I should be fine with the stock frame (that fits most) and since I've already purchased the bike, I'm not sure this does much for me.

Rear Racks:
Yup I want them.

Mud Guards/Fenders:
Yup I want them.

Revised LED Headlight:
I'm glad it comes with a waterproof headlight and Juiced Bikes is taking care of the wiring.

Price increase and Crowd-Funding Campaign:
I'm sure glad I already ordered the HyperFat!

Test Rides:
Since I live in the South-East of USA I really doubt I'll get my hands on this pre-production model. I would much rather @Court provide a review of the pre-production than put my hands on it! What am I really going to gain from riding it around a test track? If I can't try it in my environment I'm not sure what the test ride is really going to do for me.

Last edited:
For a bike this heavy that can go so fast, hydraulic discs are a must have. I wouldn't consider the bike without them. After switching from mechanical to hydraulic discs, it's hard to go back.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
Blog says:

"Mud Guards/Fenders:
There are surprisingly few mudguards made for fat bikes at the moment. We are working to find some models with a good performance and sporty style — stay tuned! The bike has mounting points to accept most any 3rd party Fat tire fenders. "

Are there any known 3rd party Fat Bike Mud Guard options that might/will fit this? (Links on Amazon or elsewhere etc?)
If not, what is an approximate guess/wait time for Juiced to offer something? (this year or next year?)

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

"A major update is coming covering production schedule and other info. 12T we confirmed can reach 30 mph. GPS Realtime tracking can be integrated as an option, now with 3 frame sizes that can be ordered. Racks now available. Sorry for the delay, we are working hard to get these out to waiting hands."

I'm going to add the new integrated GPS and the rack to my order for sure.

Back